Myck Kabongo done for the year [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Myck Kabongo done for the year

Dawgilicious
12-20-2012, 01:42 AM
yahoo sports is reporting that he is ruled ineligible for the year because of the information he withheld from his initial meetings with the NCAA. Bad news for Texas and Kabongo.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Nice looking player.

kentubbybasketball
12-20-2012, 07:29 AM
That's a major loss for Texas, even with how they looked against UNC last night at home. The real story here though is why the NCAA waited so long to make that decision. Somebody needs to hold the NCAA accountable for making timelier decisions, which is why I'm all for super megaconference, who take power away from the NCAAT. I think ultimately, as I said when I was watching Texas in Maui, Felix is a point guard that tries hard. I think now that they know he will have to be their guy they can fully focus on him.

I wonder if Kabongo wishes he would've just turned pro. I mean Marquis Teague, who was a better point guard, was taking with the 29th pick in the first round, so Kabongo may've been undrafted, but at least he would've been playing somewhere this year.

To go off on a tangent since I mentioned UNC btw, that is why rankings do not matter to me anywhere. They already didn't but I at least cared enough out of respect for the people that did them, but how a UNC team that has been down 30 to two different teams at various points in games this season could still be ranked, yet UK loses three games and is down "only" twenty at one point this season goes unranked is a clear sign that coaches have a vendetta against Cal. It's not paranoia, it's calling a spade a spade.As if them banding together and not ranking UK is going to stop our press, attention, and recruiting. UNC has a turnover problem, gets next to nothing inside with its bigs so they have to go smaller, and they don't really convert off the offensive glass all that well. I've seen them several times and it's miffing to me.

Dawgilicious
12-20-2012, 01:05 PM
UNc is very overrated. they cant stop anybody. hell ECU scored 61 pts in the 2nd half and only lost by 6. They let a Texas team that couldnt score on anybody, score 85 and dominated the game from start to finish. They cant defend, all their bigs besides McAdoo arent very good right now. Like you said they turn it over too much, dont shoot it very well, havent beaten a decent team yet this year. ECU is their best win and they have an rpi of 114. Txas is actually a bad loss in the mumbers game because their rpi sits at 111.

kentubbybasketball
12-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Texas' RPI will even out just by playing in the Big 12, even though it's historically weak right now.

What's crazy to me is that you could still argue that UNC is the third best team in the ACC, maybe even second (NCSU isn't really tearin' it up either).

Dawgilicious
12-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Miami is going to have something to say. They have already knocked of Michigan State and have only lost 1 game. Talent wise UNC is up there, they are just all over the place on the court, but if they got it together they would be top 3 in the league

kentubbybasketball
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I realize Durand Scott was out during the loss, but losing to Florida Gulf Coast isn't great. I love Jim Laranaga, and I love the big guys inside with Johnson and Kadji, but I'm not seeing them finishing second. Maybe third, because they do have good guards with Larkin also.

Dawgilicious
12-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah Scott is their best player, but they also have 3 wins against the Top 50 so far and that is very nice to have. I could see them finishing 3rd. getting ahead of Nc State or Duke would be tough, but they always pull off some wins at home vs a top 10 team. I just dont see it from UNC, they havent guarded anybody all season. Butler hammered them all night, ECU scores 61 in the 2nd half at UNC. thats un heard of and Texas scored whenever they wanted to last night. Their PG is a stick and thats why he is only shooting 30% on threes cause teams are harassing him all night and he is tired later in games.

kentubbybasketball
12-20-2012, 03:18 PM
The thing about UNC and UK is they are never out of it, because of talent. Teams like Miami are what they are. If it ever clicks for UNC, there won't be anything Miami can do to keep them out of contention for the top 3. (I trust Roy to have things clicking).

Dawgilicious
12-20-2012, 03:24 PM
oh yeah, they have the talent, but you are what you do on the floor and much hasnt changed since Maui. They are having the same issues. They play McNeese St saturday then get UNLV on the 29th so they better get it worked out soon, but they could have an up and down year, but they would still get in based on the name of their school

kentubbybasketball
12-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Not true. If they don't deserve to get in they won't. It says here they will get in with no problems.

Dawgilicious
12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Well it has happened before, it wouldnt shock me if they got in, but it would shock me if they lost 14 games this year. Too much talent

Dawgilicious
12-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Beating UNLV would surely help them out

kentubbybasketball
12-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Well it has happened before, it wouldnt shock me if they got in, but it would shock me if they lost 14 games this year. Too much talent

Sure, it's happened before, but the same thing could maybe be said about NC State getting in last year over Drexel. NC State's name over Drexel's no name? (And, yes, I know NC St made the Sweet 16, but the point still stands). I think people acting like you get in on name alone is kinda rude, because people say it about us too. I mean, 68 teams get in... they're all not names.