Great NAIA Football Championship Game from Rome, Georgia [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Great NAIA Football Championship Game from Rome, Georgia

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Just watched nothing less than a superb college football game. Marian (Iowa) came from behind twice in the last 5 minutes of the game to take it to overtime, including a game tying field goal with 1 second left in regulation, then defeated Morningside (Indiana) 30-27.

I thought what the heck, I'll watch this one for a few minutes, and I never left the channel. Great games don't only happen in the FBS.

Anyone else watch it?

dnmuga93
12-14-2012, 10:47 AM
I was there. The game was about 10 minutes from my house.

It was a very good football game and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm sorry to see the game leave town. It was here the last 3 years and this is the first one with decent weather (the last two were in moderate to heavy rain). Shorter University (the school that requires all their faculty/staff to sign a pledge upholding Christian values, including no public alcohol consumption, to work there) started football in the NAIA about 4 years ago and Rome bid on the game. Shorter is moving to Division II this season and the NAIA has cancelled the contract, which had 3 more years to run.

Barron Stadium got $1 million in improvements because of that game, including a new track and FieldTurf (it was grass for the first game and it was a mudpit due to very heavy rain).

Dr.SwineSmeller
12-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I was there. The game was about 10 minutes from my house.

It was a very good football game and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm sorry to see the game leave town. It was here the last 3 years and this is the first one with decent weather (the last two were in moderate to heavy rain). Shorter University (the school that requires all their faculty/staff to sign a pledge upholding Christian values, including no public alcohol consumption, to work there) started football in the NAIA about 4 years ago and Rome bid on the game. Shorter is moving to Division II this season and the NAIA has cancelled the contract, which had 3 more years to run.

Barron Stadium got $1 million in improvements because of that game, including a new track and FieldTurf (it was grass for the first game and it was a mudpit due to very heavy rain).

:clap:

Small world...

A great game indeed! Fun to watch on the tube for sure. I know it had to be a fun to see it live in person. You couldn't ask for more from a championship game.