Shabazz Muhammad Ineligible [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Shabazz Muhammad Ineligible

kentubbybasketball
11-09-2012, 11:11 PM
I must say Cal may have missed on this one, but he dodged a bullet. If you have a chance at getting him, you take him, but I'm glad we're not dealing with this right now. Howland's pressure-riddled season just got a little worse. They can appeal the decision, but we did the same with Enes Kanter two years ago to no avail. When the NCAA makes up it's mind, it's made up usually.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncb/story/_/id/8612665/shabazz-muhammad-ruled-ineligible-ucla-bruins

WVUfaninKY3
11-09-2012, 11:40 PM
Article said he was just ruled ineligible for Friday's game with no mention of future games

kentubbybasketball
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
It's not looking like he's going to be eligible though.

WVUfaninKY3
11-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Imagine that. Illegal monies from unofficial visits. To where you ask? UCLA? No. Kentucky, those guys are super shady? No, Duke and North Carolina my friend.

Cuz
11-10-2012, 01:05 AM
With a name like that he must be a Muslim. Do we have to stop the game so he can pull out his prayer rug. Why don't they just stick to dead goat soccer on horseback?

Wave&Dawgs
11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I must say Cal may have missed on this one, but he dodged a bullet. If you have a chance at getting him, you take him, but I'm glad we're not dealing with this right now. Howland's pressure-riddled season just got a little worse. They can appeal the decision, but we did the same with Enes Kanter two years ago to no avail. When the NCAA makes up it's mind, it's made up usually.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncb/story/_/id/8612665/shabazz-muhammad-ruled-ineligible-ucla-bruins

Interesting, that's what every MSU fan said about Sidney and you called us all morons for saying that. How is this different?

kentubbybasketball
11-14-2012, 01:11 PM
There's a big difference in Sidney and Muhammad. How many times have you heard complaints from prior coaches about his work ethic or about his conditioning. How many schools dropped out of his recruitment, because of Reebok or whatever the shoe company. You're grasping at straws here. There's no comparison, and that's why Bazz will be taken #1, 2, or 3 in the next draft, and Sidney is in the D-League.

Fatboy
11-14-2012, 02:03 PM
There is no difference. You can't use hindsite as justification for something you had no idea of in the beginning.

Optik
11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Imagine that. Illegal monies from unofficial visits. To where you ask? UCLA? No. Kentucky, those guys are super shady? No, Duke and North Carolina my friend.

I would be shocked if that were actually true. Maybe they didn't find it, but there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Howland wasn't passing out wads of cash on the recruiting trail this past year.

WVUfaninKY3
11-14-2012, 03:21 PM
I would be shocked if that were actually true. Maybe they didn't find it, but there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Howland wasn't passing out wads of cash on the recruiting trail this past year.

May be true, but the investigation found the North Carolina and Duke trips were paid for by someone not able to pay for them for him.

kentubbybasketball
11-14-2012, 03:34 PM
There is no difference. You can't use hindsite as justification for something you had no idea of in the beginning.

Right, so get your boy Wave then for using hindsight in trying to mention Sidney, which is in effect using hindsight to try to prove a point that's not sensical.

Angry Beaver
11-16-2012, 08:42 PM
Shabazz has now been deemed eligible, has to pay back $1600 and they are counting the 3 games he had to sit as his suspension