John Calhoun to Retire [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : John Calhoun to Retire

rolling baby
09-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Cheers to a legend. Hope Steve Masiello gets the gig next year.

rolling baby
09-12-2012, 09:16 PM
"Jim". Mods, please change the title, thanks. Smh.

kentubbybasketball
09-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Good riddance. That little jerk who tries to bully people around should've retired last year. He's leaving them in a mess too. I will actually kind of root for Kevin Ollie to do well, but Calhoun is a jerk to the highest degree. I honestly don't even know who my least favorite coach is now. I'm glad that guy is gone though.

kentubbybasketball
09-12-2012, 10:20 PM
rb, you send rep saying "haters gonna hate." Ummm, that's exactly why I don't like Calhoun; he's a hater and HATERS GONNA HATE. He bullied plenty of people throughout his career. He called people out when he didn't have to. I'm not at all surprised that his lasting legacy will be that he left UConn in the NCAA crosshairs. I'm glad for some coaches, academics actually matter.

Wave&Dawgs
09-12-2012, 10:32 PM
rb, you send rep saying "haters gonna hate." Ummm, that's exactly why I don't like Calhoun; he's a hater and HATERS GONNA HATE. He bullied plenty of people throughout his career. He called people out when he didn't have to. I'm not at all surprised that his lasting legacy will be that he left UConn in the NCAA crosshairs. I'm glad for some coaches, academics actually matter.

:rotf: Like the coach of your team gives a rat's ass about academics?

kentubbybasketball
09-12-2012, 10:35 PM
This isn't about the coach of my team, but since you brought it up, I'll just say look at the APR scores over the past two years, and you'll see how much "the coach of my team" cares about academics. He gets first round lock frosh to go to class even after the season is over, so don't speak on things you don't know about (you won't look stupid that way).

Now, that's all I'll say about the "coach of my team," as this is about Calhoun not Calipari... hopefully you don't get the two Cals confused anymore (an insult to Calipari).

Dawgilicious
09-12-2012, 11:12 PM
HOF'er, it will def be different to not see him on the sidelines anymore. Did an outstanding job at Northeastern and brought Uconn back and coached some outstanding players. Not going to get in the pissing match about the other things, but I will miss him and Im not a Uconn fan but appreciate outstanding coaches

WVUfaninKY3
09-12-2012, 11:16 PM
He was very nice when I met him, however, yes he was a bit of an ass. He still had a great career coaching. Never good to see a HOF coach go.

BasketballofUF
09-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Finally.

It'll be interesting to see if UConn will be able to rebound from Calhoun's retirement. He basically was the program, and he's not leaving it good shape at all, obviously. If UConn isn't able to get it together, that'll just be another nail in the coffin of the Big East.

rolling baby
09-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Jim Boehm's retirement at Syracuse has to be soon. The NE will always have a power of that caliber.

XPS
09-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Finally.

It'll be interesting to see if UConn will be able to rebound from Calhoun's retirement. He basically was the program, and he's not leaving it good shape at all, obviously. If UConn isn't able to get it together, that'll just be another nail in the coffin of the Big East.

Coffin is buried ...

joehogjoe
09-13-2012, 10:04 AM
NCAA should be destroyed. The APR is a fking joke.

Jim Calhoun was one hell of a coach.

Herchel
09-13-2012, 10:34 AM
He should have been fired.

kentubbybasketball
09-13-2012, 03:44 PM
LoL, at all these people saying the HOF will be opening its doors for him... have they not already?