What was the rule for Uconn players transferring since they cant play in NCAAT [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : What was the rule for Uconn players transferring since they cant play in NCAAT

Dawgilicious
08-27-2012, 06:12 PM
What was the rule? I know Oriakhi Transferred to Missouri, isn't he playing this season?

joehogjoe
08-27-2012, 09:29 PM
because they are banned from post season he's eligible to play immediately.

kentubbybasketball
08-27-2012, 09:55 PM
The rule is pretty fair to me: it is that if your program is banned from the NCAAT for a time period that is equal or more than the amount of years your have left of eligibility you can transfer and play immediately. For instance, UConn's ban is for one year, Oriahki only had one year left, so he was eligible. DeAndre Daniels, however, who has three years left there can't transfer and play immediately, as UConn will be eligible for the NCAAT in years that he's still got years left.

joehogjoe
08-27-2012, 10:02 PM
personally I'd love to see transfers immediately eligible.

Dawgilicious
08-27-2012, 10:12 PM
I was curious cause another player from UCONN transferred to UNLV but the NCAA just said he couldnt play this season

Dawgilicious
08-27-2012, 10:13 PM
because they are banned from post season he's eligible to play immediately.

I know they are banned from the postseason

kentubbybasketball
08-28-2012, 12:45 AM
personally I'd love to see transfers immediately eligible.

Terrible idea. People would be transferring even more then than what they are now without having to sit out the redshirt year. Thered be no motivation to stick it out.

BTW, UNLV doesn't need Roscoe Smith this year and Dave Rice knew that. That's why he still took Savon Goodman at the same position.

Dawgilicious
08-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Terrible idea. People would be transferring even more then than what they are now without having to sit out the redshirt year. Thered be no motivation to stick it out.

BTW, UNLV doesn't need Roscoe Smith this year and Dave Rice knew that. That's why he still took Savon Goodman at the same position.

oh i know that, I was just curious as to why roscoe has to sit out, but Oriahki gets to play