Ray Harper and Western Kentucky are DANCING! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Ray Harper and Western Kentucky are DANCING!

GR8NESS
03-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Congrats to the Toppers. What a run!

XPS
03-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Congrats WKU-i can remember Box bragging on Harper.

boxvic
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Its about damned time one of the greatest coaches in college basketball finally gets his shot at the dance. If you gave me a million dollars right now, and told me I had that money to live on for the next four or five years while I studied as a volunteer assistant under any college basketball coach in the country, Ray Harper would be that coach. He just wins.

GR8NESS
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
First words I said to Rash whenever I saw WKU still alive were "Boxvic told us so"...haha.

boxvic
03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
There is a chance, depending on how stuff works over the next year or so, that I might eventually take classes at the WKU-Owensboro campus to spin my AAS into a BS in Technology Management. If I do that... I will feel a bit dirty. My first allegiance will always be to Murray.

That said, as long as Harper is coaching at WKU they have a fan in me. It helps that he is a "hometown" guy, but I grew up watching this guy turn KWC into the Kentucky/UCLA of division 2 basketball. I know what he is capable of and the rest of the world is about to find out.

The next few years of Harper and WKU versus Prohm and Murray could be very interesting. I'll throw out a Boxtradamus prediction: in four years there will be four ranked teams playing in Kentucky.

kentubbybasketball
03-07-2012, 04:38 AM
As I said in the thread I started called "hey box" about Harper being the interim and now permanent guy, I'm not sure how McDonald was 5-11 with that talent. Gordon, Zollo, Akol, McDnald and other got high major looks. I hate in season firings, but this is one that actually worked. Harper helped recruit some good talent as assistant.

Anybody that wins 2 national titles, 4 national runner up at the lower level of our sport (D2 and NAIA) is a coach. At those levels it's about coaching. I'm happy for him.