Conference Tournaments Thread [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Conference Tournaments Thread

kentubbybasketball
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
This is my favorite sporting week of the year: conference tournaments. I love this. Here's a thread to discuss the other league's tournaments.

steelyvan
03-01-2012, 11:18 PM
kt, do you follow any of the teams in the Big South or SoCon? Who do you like to advance?

kentubbybasketball
03-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, I am shocked that Winthrop lost today in the Big South. Obviously, Coach Peele isn't doing what Greg Marshall did there, but I am shocked that they haven't had more success. They, like VMI, were 8-10 in the Big South. You always have to respect VMI and what they can do tho. Those guys are known for their scoring, and that is the name of the game for sure (they even beat us a few years ago). UNC-Asheville has been my my favorite in that league though. They were the first team in any conference to lock up their conference title, and I just don't see them losing in this tourney. Eddie Bidenbach has them playing pretty well.

In the SoCon, you obviously think about Davidson and everybody else is second or fighting for it. We played Chattanooga earlier this season and Shulman's team didn't back down. COC has been solid, considering Bobby Cremins' leave. I like Davidson though.

kentubbybasketball
03-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Murray State and UNC-Asheville won the OVC and Big South tourneys. They were already regular season champs, so no bid thieves yet.

georgiaguy31015
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Witchita State got knocked off last night so I would guess there's a bid stealer right there.

kentubbybasketball
03-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Not really, the MVC was going to have two at large locks in Wichita State and Creighton. Now Illinois State, the team that beat WSU, if they would've won the final against Creighton that would've stolen a bid. So far of the four auto teams in there are no bid stealers yet.

Storm
03-04-2012, 10:38 PM
with osu's win over sparty today, Michigan won a share of it's first B1G title since 1986. #2 seed in the B1G tournament. Today was a good day