Ncaa poy [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Ncaa poy

Bama_Man
02-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Wow, what a day for the two top candidates.

Anthony Davis sets a career high in points as UK beats Vandy, and Thomas Robinson goes Godzilla, blocks a huge shot to keep KU alive and leads them to a win over Mizzou.

BasketballofUF
02-25-2012, 06:56 PM
It's Davis, imo. Robinson's more developed on the offensive end, but he can't hold a candle to Davis defensively.

kentubbybasketball
02-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Crazy, but Davis would be our first Naismith winner. Unbelievable, I know. I don't begrudge those who say Robinson and I'm actually proud of the young man for what he's done one year after losing both grandparents plus his mother. I hope he and Davis both win their fair share of the seven NCAA recognized awards. Either way, with what Robinson has dealt with and helping care for his little sister Jada, he's a POY, as in Person of the Year, as far as I'm concerned.

He and Davis matched up this year in NYC and both were great. You can't go wrong either way. I'm just a happy that POY has had some great winners of late with John Wall and Evan Turner in 2010, Jimmer Fredette and Kemba Walker last year, and now Robinson and Davis this year. These six have been great for our game. Hope both come back next year.

Djshockley3
02-26-2012, 03:36 AM
I like Davis, but I hope Robinson gets it. That dude has had a crazy year, seems like a class act.

Bama_Man
02-26-2012, 03:29 PM
Like KT said, Robinson has had to persevere thru so much, its very hard to root against him. After seeing his true talents this year, imagine how good KU woulda been last year if all this had not have happened.

Davis has DPOY locked up easily by a mile. FOY too. Robinson is the only guy who might beat him out for POY, but if Davis keeps putting up these crazy stat lines against good teams, its his.

kentubbybasketball
02-26-2012, 05:12 PM
They'll both win some.

rolling baby
02-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Robinson.

kentubbybasketball
02-29-2012, 09:32 PM
To me this is as close as the Redick/Morrision POY drive in 2006, Beasley/Hansbrough in 2008, or Walker/Fredette last year. This is a race that nobody really knows how it will pan out.

GR8NESS
03-02-2012, 02:36 AM
Per Kyle Tucker's twitter:

"Darius Miller said there were times Anthony Davis asked to be taken out tonight so senior Eloy Vargas could play more."

Awesome. Davis and MKG are such great kids. It's going to be a damned shame when we lose them.