Illinois 43 Michigan St. 42 (Final) [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Illinois 43 Michigan St. 42 (Final)

GR8NESS
01-31-2012, 09:34 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=320310356

Do people actually enjoy watching this s**t? Good grief, 24% for MSU and 32.6 for Illinois....barf

BasketballofUF
01-31-2012, 09:36 PM
B1G basketball at its finest... Blech.

Storm
01-31-2012, 10:40 PM
yet the experts call it the best bball conference in the country right now. Just a totally different style of play. Coach Cal would love it :rotf:

BasketballofUF
01-31-2012, 10:44 PM
It probably is the best conference in the country right now. That doesn't make it any fun to watch, though.

Storm
01-31-2012, 11:02 PM
Oh I agree. I watched Michigan play osu on Sunday, and was miserable the whole time. Losing didn't help, but Michigan has a whole other set of problems. Like trying to win a physical style game with nobody over 6'8

Bama_Man
02-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I dont believe the B10 is the best conference, I just can't see it.

B10 standings---------------------------SEC standings
1-OSU------------------------------------1-Kentucky
2-Wisconsin------------------------------2-Florida/Vandy
3-Michigan State/Michigan--------------4-Miss State/Ole Miss
5-Illinois/Purdue-------------------------6-Alabama/Arkansas
7-Indiana---------------------------------8-Tennessee
8-Minnesota------------------------------9-LSU/Auburn
9-Nebraska/Iowa-------------------------10-UGA/USC
11-Northwestern
12-Penn State

Id take UK over OSU, UF over Wisc, Miss State over MSU, Bama over Illinois, Arkansas over Purdue, UT/IU are close to even with Stokes, IU just played their perfect game v. UK, and the SEC bottom four over the B10 bottom four.

The SEC is better at the top, has more contenders (UF, MSU) and better quality teams like Bama, Vandy, Ole Miss, and Arkansas.
Ark did beat Michigan.

GR8NESS
02-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Maybe it's just me, but at this point I'd have to take Illinois over Bama -- the wins over OSU & Mich. St. are the tipping point.

UT/IU depends on where it is. I agree with you that they're probably about even at this point. IU has some good wins and some bad, bad losses.

MSU-MSU is pretty damn close to a push, but with Green possibly being out it's going to go to secMSU

Bama_Man
02-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Maybe it's just me, but at this point I'd have to take Illinois over Bama -- the wins over OSU & Mich. St. are the tipping point.

UT/IU depends on where it is. I agree with you that they're probably about even at this point. IU has some good wins and some bad, bad losses.

MSU-MSU is pretty damn close to a push, but with Green possibly being out it's going to go to secMSU

I think on resume alone, Illinois stands higher than Alabama, because of the two big wins, but on a neutral court I would still take Alabama. I think Bama plays B10-style defense with more athletes, and could beat them at their own game. Bama games are ugly haha, but never 43-42 ugly.

I dont believe Michigan State's ranking either. They have not looked impressive at all. None of the B10 teams really got any signature OOC wins aside from IU, and they keep beating each other. I think Moultrie inside and Bost and Hood outside beat up MSU.

Storm
02-01-2012, 07:17 AM
If Memphis finishes the season strong, Michigan's win over them at the time will look better.

BasketballofUF
02-01-2012, 09:25 PM
The thing about Memphis is... They play in the C-USA. It's not as bad this year as it has been in years past, but still. I'm hearing this crap about four teams from the C-USA in the tournament. Why? Because they're beating up on each other? Memphis did play a very good out of conference schedule, but they failed to win ANY of those games. So now they're a lock because they're beating up a fairly weak C-USA? It's like the Pac-12... Now apparently there are a lot of bubble teams from it, even though all they're doing is beating up on each other. None of those teams did anything in the non-conference. The best OOC win from the Pac-12 is when Cal beat Denver... Lol.

georgiaguy31015
02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I was shocked to see that as a final. That had to have been one boring game and painful to watch.

IllinoisDawg63
02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Weber's job in Champaign looms big this year.....he needs at least a 2nd round berth in NCAA tourney to keep the pulse.