Duke (#4) vs. Ohio State (#2) [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Duke (#4) vs. Ohio State (#2)

SkyAntoine
11-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm looking forward to this game tomorrow night. I'll actully be in Columbus for a conference, so I'm going to try to pick up tickets.

I just don't see Plumlee matching up with Sullinger. If OSU can defend the perimeter, then Duke will go down.

Should be a great matchup. Go Buckeyes!!

Storm
11-28-2011, 02:06 PM
Truly a game to hope for a meteor to come crashing down......LMAO

honestly though, I have to pull for Dook in this one. Makes me sick.

SkyAntoine
11-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Truly a game to hope for a meteor to come crashing down......LMAO

honestly though, I have to pull for Dook in this one. Makes me sick.
And you call yourself a Kentucky fan...:facepalm:

kentubbybasketball
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Nobody matches up with Sullinger too well, not even Josh Harrellson even though he played him relatively even last year in the Sweet 16. Duke's interior depth will be interesting to see as they go against Sully. I mean, who has played a tougher schedule than Duke thus far. They ran into Thomas Robinson, who is in Sully's stratosphere, let him get his, and still beat Kansas without Austin Rivers being too good. This Duke team is starting to turn my head a bit. They are a solid team.

SkyAntoine
11-28-2011, 02:16 PM
Nobody matches up with Sullinger too well, not even Josh Harrellson even though he played him relatively even last year in the Sweet 16. Duke's interior depth will be interesting to see as they go against Sully. I mean, who has played a tougher schedule than Duke thus far. They ran into Thomas Robinson, who is in Sully's stratosphere, let him get his, and still beat Kansas without Austin Rivers being too good. This Duke team is starting to turn my head a bit. They are a solid team.
I think Duke will take it inside just to open up the outside shot. Maybe throw some bodies at Sully to try to get him in foul trouble. This seems like such a typical Duke team to me: 6'8-9" guys that shoot the three, quality guards, over dramatic court antics.

William Buford is on my fantasy team so I need for him to have a big night.

kentubbybasketball
11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
The thing about OSU is they usually do have a great starting lineup or even a great top 7 rotation, yet they don't really have much outside of those top guys. I just wonder if they can come at you in droves in a way that Duke can. With the game being in Columbus, you just never know.

Gun to my head, I'd pick OSU due to it being at home and I think Duke has skated by a few close games (Tennessee and Kansas). If this is close, I like OSU as they can get some near guaranteed points from Sullinger.

Go Buckeyes!

Storm
11-28-2011, 05:13 PM
And you call yourself a Kentucky fan...:facepalm:

Michigan fan first

GR8NESS
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm thinking OSU by 6-8. Duke doesn't have anyone that can slow down the nation's best offensive player.

weegeman
11-28-2011, 07:32 PM
I watched Belmont take Puke to the wire and lose by one. They've definitely been playing better lately, but they were lucky to beat Kansas on back to back threes from their defensive stopper (typical Puke luck). I say OSU by 7.

weegeman
11-28-2011, 07:34 PM
This game should also allow U of Smell to slide up the rankings another spot past whoever loses. I hope they somehow get by Vandy and remain undefeated until they come to Rupp.

dnmuga93
11-28-2011, 07:47 PM
I wouldn't pee on the rat faced bastard if he was on fire.

OSU by 50+ (I hope).

In reality, OSU by 4.

boxvic
11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
OSU jumps out to the 9 nothing lead. I'm not really sure who wins this in the end, but Duke isn't half as good as ESPN has made them out to be this year. Florida dodged a bullet by not signing Rivers I think... dude seems like a head case that costs his team more than he contributes.

weegeman
11-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Nothing better than seeing Puke on the receiving end of a beatdown.

dnmuga93
11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
I wouldn't pee on the rat faced bastard if he was on fire.

OSU by 50+ (I hope).

In reality, OSU by 4.

Heading toward a beatdown.

62-41 OSU at the under 12 timeout.

I LOVE IT!!!

SkyAntoine
11-29-2011, 10:06 PM
Loving this. We didn't go to the gem but I can see the arena from my hotel window right now.

Buford is having a nice game for my fantasy team.

BasketballofUF
11-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Duke isn't very good. Rivers is really talented, but he plays sloppily and without composure. The Plumlee brothers will get pushed around by bigger forwards/centers. I really don't see a Top 10 team here.

OSU on the other hand, is easily one of the best teams in the country. I'm just glad the Gators were able to hang with them on the road.

XPS
11-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Nothing better than seeing Puke on the receiving end of a beatdown.

:cheers:

XPS
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Duke isn't very good. Rivers is really talented, but he plays sloppily and without composure. The Plumlee brothers will get pushed around by bigger forwards/centers. I really don't see a Top 10 team here.

OSU on the other hand, is easily one of the best teams in the country. I'm just glad the Gators were able to hang with them on the road.

Can you name 10 teams better then Duke?

BasketballofUF
11-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Can you name 10 teams better then Duke?Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio State, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Florida, Baylor, Louisville, Alabama, Missouri

XPS
11-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio State, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Florida, Baylor, Louisville, Alabama, Missouri

I'll give you the highlighted ones.

GR8NESS
11-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Louisville wouldn't score 50 on Duke.

georgiaguy31015
11-30-2011, 06:34 AM
What a smackdown. I guess I now know at least one team I will take to win the national title in one of my brackets lol.

Storm
11-30-2011, 08:57 AM
Matta always finds ways to lose in March........I wouldn't put all your eggs in that basket, GG. 90% of that beatdown came from the starters. They have no depth, which hurt them last year vs UK

georgiaguy31015
11-30-2011, 06:11 PM
I will probably need you to remind me of that again come bracket time lol.

GR8NESS
11-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Sullinger ate those motherf***ers up last night.

Bama_Man
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM
I'll give you the highlighted ones.

Baylor matches up VERY well with Dook, they have length and athleticism inside and out.

L'Ville has the tempo to beat Dook, and the refs cannot blatantly jack off Coach K with Pitino on the other side.

Alabama>Mizzou; I think Bama has a much much better shot at beating Dook than Mizzou. Grant>Haith, and Bama plays much better D.

GR8NESS
11-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Alabama>Mizzou; I think Bama has a much much better shot at beating Dook than Mizzou. Grant>Haith, and Bama plays much better D.

Alabama plays way too "rough" on D to ever beat Duke. They would shoot 40 FT's, half of them on BS "hand check" or "body" fouls

deterp
11-30-2011, 06:39 PM
and the refs cannot blatantly jack off Coach K with Pitino on the other side.

Perfect insight. :thumb:

BTW, guys. It's spelled "P-u-k-e". Remember that. :rotf:

Bama_Man
11-30-2011, 06:40 PM
Alabama plays way too "rough" on D to ever beat Duke. They would shoot 40 FT's, half of them on BS "hand check" or "body" fouls

Ahh, I did not consider that, but you are exactly right. If that game is played anywhere outside of the state of Alabama, especially in the NCAAT, Bama would get railroaded. Poor Randolph and Releford would foul out before the first media timeout.

I do believe in a vacuum, Bama beats Duke. YES, I am a huge homer, but Bama has: interior athleticism and size, long defenders on the wing who play disciplined, a pace that keeps the game close, and the ability to get into the lane on the white kids.

Bama_Man
11-30-2011, 06:41 PM
Perfect insight. :thumb:

BTW, guys. It's spelled "P-u-k-e". Remember that. :rotf:

As a Maryland fan, I am sure you have a VERY HIGH opinion of Duke.

You wanna talk about the 2001 Final Four game?

(please dont, i dont wanna see your head explode! :lol: )

GR8NESS
11-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Athletic and tough teams always present a huge problem for Duke...if there's one thing Bama is, it's athletic and tough.

Bama_Man
11-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Athletic and tough teams always present a huge problem for Duke...if there's one thing Bama is, it's athletic and tough.

We can't shoot for **** and our offense gets stagnant, but you are right, we are athletic and tough.

Same can be said for UK, but yall have way more weapons.

We go to Rupp this year IIRC, be a revenge game for UK after last year.

I think Duke is at best, the 8th or 9th best team.
UK-UNC-OSU-UConn-Florida-Baylor-Alabama-Syracuse