Should a thread be closed just because a poll is closed? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Should a thread be closed just because a poll is closed?

Bacon
11-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Should a thread be closed just because a poll is closed?

IllinoisDawg63
11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
I wanted to post on the "who you got A&M vs OU" thread like over half hour ago. The game was still pretty close, but now OU has opened it up huge. I think we could still keep those threads open, especially since there wasn't a game thread for this particular game. Not enough Aggies on this forum yet I assume to kick up the game thread.

Bacon
11-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I wanted to post on the "who you got A&M vs OU" thread like over half hour ago. The game was still pretty close, but now OU has opened it up huge. I think we could still keep those threads open, especially since there wasn't a game thread for this particular game. Not enough Aggies on this forum yet I assume to kick up the game thread.

LOL.

Of course. A admin or mod could probably even reopen it.
This week, I'll adjust the polls to close so it won't be an issue.

GDawg88
11-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I vote no, but my guess is the mods do it so people can't vote on a game that's already in progress or over.

Is it possible to close a poll while keeping the comments open?

Bacon
11-05-2011, 07:20 PM
I asked the mods to close the threads.
But I'll do the polls next week so that they close and the thread can stay open.

georgiaguy31015
11-05-2011, 11:05 PM
I was the one that closed all those threads this morning. I did so because that's what PiZ asked. No other reason.

Urb Gruber
11-05-2011, 11:09 PM
I was the one that closed all those threads this morning. I did so because that's what PiZ asked. No other reason.

If PiZ asked you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?

J/k, :rotf:

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Definitely NO!

I wanted to make a few comments earlier today on the games, but could not.

aufan59
11-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Yes. Who cares if someone votes after a poll is closed? I'd rather have someone vote after the poll is closed than to lock the thread and pretty much kill all discussion inside.