Articulate, isn't she?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56Z-0xwIQ

Herchel
10-26-2011, 10:05 AM
We need farm workers.

HunkerDown
10-26-2011, 10:09 AM
Jesus....

Gotta love the ATL. That's what we deal with here.

ACCFanInTraining
10-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Speaking of ATL, what's up with the Peach Pass lane? Effectively took out a lane of traffic, so during even during the middle of the day I-85 was majorly congested.

OffThePorch
10-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Articulate, isn't she?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW56Z-0xwIQ

:rotf:
i was on youtube the other night checking out these protest... lmao...

the thought that these people vote :thud:

HunkerDown
10-26-2011, 12:29 PM

How else can you explain Corrine Brown in Congress?

rolling baby
10-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Georgia, the gift that keeps giving........

HunkerDown
10-26-2011, 01:38 PM
I'd still live in GA over AL any day.

rolling baby
10-26-2011, 01:59 PM
I'd still live in GA over AL any day.

It's a good thing I live in TN....rofl

YR_Tiger
10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Wow that was painful.....

dnmuga93
10-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Speaking of ATL, what's up with the Peach Pass lane? Effectively took out a lane of traffic, so during even during the middle of the day I-85 was majorly congested.

The HOT lanes are a complete disaster/cluster****/insert pejorative here.

Basically, the Feds gave Georgia/Atlanta highway money and dictated that the new lanes required a minimum of three people in the car for free passage. Also, you had to have a Peach Pass now, so that means out of towners cutting through on trips could not use them, unlike the prior HOV lanes. The lanes are toll and the toll varies depending on congestion levels; they are guaranteed to move at a minimum 45 mph at all times.

Go to ajc.com and read the article about the town hall meeting earlier this week in Gwinnett about the HOT lanes. The Gwinnettians are pissed big time.

ACCFanInTraining
10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
The HOT lanes are a complete disaster/cluster****/insert pejorative here.

Basically, the Feds gave Georgia/Atlanta highway money and dictated that the new lanes required a minimum of three people in the car for free passage. Also, you had to have a Peach Pass now, so that means out of towners cutting through on trips could not use them, unlike the prior HOV lanes. The lanes are toll and the toll varies depending on congestion levels; they are guaranteed to move at a minimum 45 mph at all times.

Go to ajc.com and read the article about the town hall meeting earlier this week in Gwinnett about the HOT lanes. The Gwinnettians are pissed big time.

yeah, the requirement to "register" before being able to use it free with 3 occupants is the fail part. I had no idea about it and there are NO signs letting you know what you need to do. My wife is going to get us a pass (we travel through about every 3 months...more during football season), but we would not have known about it if not for the internet...and even then, it wasn't obvious.

Should just be, "3 and free"

rolling baby
10-26-2011, 03:36 PM
That would've never happen in Singapore.

Cap'n
10-26-2011, 04:40 PM
That's hilarious!

Our homeland security will become insecure. :rotf:

100 bucks says this lady voted for Obama.

Cuz
10-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Occupy Atlanta?

I thought this thread was about Sherman. :doh:

OffThePorch
10-26-2011, 05:50 PM
That's hilarious! Our homeland security will become insecure. :rotf:

She probably meant to... no telling though..
dude doing interview is doing all he can not to laugh.... or cry... geez...

Really Big Bama Fan
10-26-2011, 05:59 PM
That would've never happen in Singapore.

I agree. Singapore is my favorite city in the world...

Carolina Razorback
10-26-2011, 06:25 PM
embarrassed for her, damn...

dnmuga93
10-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Best line I've read about all the Occupiers-

Someone should tell the "99%" they are actually among the richest 5% on the planet. Then take their wealth and redistribute it to the 95% of the world that is poorer than them.

See how they feel about wealth redistribution then.

Orgcrush
10-26-2011, 09:40 PM

This guy's been voting for DECADES apparently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUsBvkfQKUw&feature=fvwrel

OffThePorch
10-26-2011, 10:31 PM
This guy's been voting for DECADES apparently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUsBvkfQKUw&feature=fvwrel

i agree with the old dude.... the idea of something for nothing is bankrupting us...

Orgcrush
10-26-2011, 10:53 PM
i agree with the old dude.... the idea of something for nothing is bankrupting us...

You agree with the dude who's getting something for nothing but hates all the black people getting something for nothing? Okay.

OffThePorch
10-26-2011, 11:16 PM
You agree with the dude who's getting something for nothing but hates all the black people getting something for nothing? Okay.

1. he never said black. 2. Veteran benefits = he did do something. 3. Aside from this man,, i agree with his point that i dont want my grandkids paying for this mess.

HunkerDown
10-27-2011, 09:24 AM
That's hilarious!

Our homeland security will become insecure. :rotf:

100 bucks? I'd bet everything I own.

HunkerDown
10-27-2011, 09:28 AM

Someone should tell the "99%" they are actually among the richest 5% on the planet. Then take their wealth and redistribute it to the 95% of the world that is poorer than them.

hahaha. Good stuff.

YR_Tiger
10-27-2011, 09:37 AM

Rep, must spread

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 10:47 AM
1. he never said black. 2. Veteran benefits = he did do something. 3. Aside from this man,, i agree with his point that i dont want my grandkids paying for this mess.

So the guy who was in the military (fired a gun, rode a desk, whatever) deserves lifelong benefits, but the guy who brought your mail every day without fail, or the guy who put out your fire, or the teacher who put up with your kids....just throw 'em into the breeze?

Most of us was raised by Christian folk, porch, and we were taught to love thy neighbor, not just thy combat-veteran neighbor.

CrimsonPirate
10-27-2011, 12:48 PM
So the guy who was in the military (fired a gun, rode a desk, whatever) deserves lifelong benefits, but the guy who brought your mail every day without fail, or the guy who put out your fire, or the teacher who put up with your kids....just throw 'em into the breeze?

Most of us was raised by Christian folk, porch, and we were taught to love thy neighbor, not just thy combat-veteran neighbor.

The point was that the vet earned his benefits. You're the one that said he got something for nothing. And, I don't recall OTP saying anything about the others you mentioned. I think postal workers have excellent retirement benefits (government sponsored, I believe). The teacher who put up with my kids should have an adequate retirement program as do, I would think, firefighters. These last two, however, are not federal employees.

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 12:57 PM
The point was that the vet earned his benefits. You're the one that said he got something for nothing. And, I don't recall OTP saying anything about the others you mentioned. I think postal workers have excellent retirement benefits (government sponsored, I believe). The teacher who put up with my kids should have an adequate retirement program as do, I would think, firefighters. These last two, however, are not federal employees.

There is no evidence to suggest most recipients of federal aid "got something for nothing" either. Almost every earner in this country gets SS and Medicare taxes pulled from their check. Therefore, if you're lucky enough to get that aid, it's because you paid into the system.

And the interviewer was right -- the vet mentioned every single entitlement program in the past 40 years that supplied disproportionate help to people of color (who have been disenfranchised in this country for 250 years). He was bitching about "aid to dependant children". Really? Yeah, screw those freeloader kids!

Just admit you're okay with SOME entitlements, but not others.

CrimsonPirate
10-27-2011, 01:54 PM
There is no evidence to suggest most recipients of federal aid "got something for nothing" either. Almost every earner in this country gets SS and Medicare taxes pulled from their check. Therefore, if you're lucky enough to get that aid, it's because you paid into the system.

And the interviewer was right -- the vet mentioned every single entitlement program in the past 40 years that supplied disproportionate help to people of color (who have been disenfranchised in this country for 250 years). He was bitching about "aid to dependant children". Really? Yeah, screw those freeloader kids!

Are you okay with ALL entitlements? These other guys will tell you that I have stated that I have no problem with helping those who cannot help themselves, but I have a hard time helping those who are too dang lazy to get out and help themselves.

Personally, I think they use the term "entitlement" wrong. The word means (or should mean) something you're entitled to...like Social Security that you as a worker paid into all your working life.

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Are you okay with ALL entitlements? These other guys will tell you that I have stated that I have no problem with helping those who cannot help themselves, but I have a hard time helping those who are too dang lazy to get out and help themselves.

I'm not for helping the lazy, either. I have a feeling if we dig into the details, we'll disagree, but you've captured my sentiment, too.

Bottom line, I think we should provide opportunity, and the citizens should do the rest. And crippling people with student loans they can't repay, and a job market that won't supply them with any shot at a career even if they're smart, educated, and hardworking, is not opportunity.

Personally, I think they use the term "entitlement" wrong. The word means (or should mean) something you're entitled to...like Social Security that you as a worker paid into all your working life.

That's what it's meant for.

I don't think we give money to welfare moms and poor children because they "deserve" it. I think we do that because it's in the best interests of our society. Sure, I want people to get a job and be productive. But after spending a weekend home with the kids, I stop hassling any mom who wants a hand-out. Phew!

OffThePorch
10-27-2011, 02:05 PM

Everyone deserves what they paid in (had taken from them) .... Welfare, SS be stopped over time. Its not the governments place to take from me to give to you.
Besides,,, the math doesnt work. The rich already pay most all the taxes, while the 'poor' dont pay jack ****. Yet the 'poor' have a smart phone with cable tv. i give to charity because i want to.
Government needs to collect low taxes from everyone & spend less than they collect...

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Everyone deserves what they paid in (had taken from them) .... Welfare, SS be stopped over time. Its not the governments place to take from me to give to you.
Besides,,, the math doesnt work. The rich already pay most all the taxes, while the 'poor' dont pay jack ****. Yet the 'poor' have a smart phone with cable tv. i give to charity because i want to.
Government needs to collect low taxes from everyone & spend less than they collect...

Yeah, those damned poor people, livin' on easy street. Obviously, because of this messed up system, everyone's TRYING to be poor, right?

OffThePorch
10-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah, those damned poor people, livin' on easy street. Obviously, because of this messed up system, everyone's TRYING to be poor, right?

ive been all over.. was in the military. Most of our 'poor' are not that poor. ive never been on easy street so i couldnt tell you who lives there.
If you think everyone in trying to make it, to work hard & do right.... lmao at you...

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 02:18 PM
ive been all over.. was in the military. Most of our 'poor' are not that poor. ive never been on easy street so i couldnt tell you who lives there.
If you think everyone in trying to make it, to work hard & do right.... lmao at you...

Not everyone is trying to make it, but most people are. Not everyone is born to make it, and there aren't enough resources in the world for every American to "make it", so by definition, it's not always the poor person's fault if they're poor.

I'll challenge you on that "most of our poor are not that poor" statement though. You see a cell phone or a satellite TV and think that's good livin', but you ignore that they don't have access to good healthcare, dont' have access to a good education for them or their kids, and will never be able to afford a vacation that doesn't involve camping 10 miles away. You think cell phones are the real American dream? Honestly?

You can't say you're for "American Exceptionalism" if you think America's poor should be equivalent to Somalia's poor before we call them "poor". That's just unAmerican.

OffThePorch
10-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Not everyone is trying to make it, but most people are. Not everyone is born to make it, and there aren't enough resources in the world for every American to "make it", so by definition, it's not always the poor person's fault if they're poor.
I'll challenge you on that "most of our poor are not that poor" statement though. You see a cell phone or a satellite TV and think that's good livin', but you ignore that they don't have access to good healthcare, dont' have access to a good education for them or their kids, and will never be able to afford a vacation that doesn't involve camping 10 miles away. You think cell phones are the real American dream? Honestly?
You can't say you're for "American Exceptionalism" if you think America's poor should be equivalent to Somalia's poor before we call them "poor". That's just unAmerican.

We disagree... imo you're naive...
& im unAmerican... lol..

ACCFanInTraining
10-27-2011, 02:50 PM

If the poor in the US don't have access to good health care and a good education for them or their kids then why does the US have an illegal immigration problem? They should stay in Mexico.

And what's the deal about a vacation? You make fun of cell phones being the American Dream and then imply how awful it is that the poor in the US can't "afford a vacation that doesn't involve camping 10 miles away?" The fact that the poor in the US can even vacation should be enough to show there's a difference in US poverty compared to other places in the world.

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 02:54 PM
If the poor in the US don't have access to good health care and a good education for them or their kids then why does the US have an illegal immigration problem? They should stay in Mexico.

And what's the deal about a vacation? You make fun of cell phones being the American Dream and then imply how awful it is that the poor in the US can't "afford a vacation that doesn't involve camping 10 miles away?" The fact that the poor in the US can even vacation should be enough to show there's a difference in US poverty compared to other places in the world.

Right. I already admitted that living here is better than Somalia or Uganda.

Is that who we compare ourselves to? Do you know that in Europe their workers are more productive, and have 5 weeks mandatory vacation? And I'm not just talking the broke countries -- Italy, Greece, Portugal.

I'm talking the countries with bank: Germany, Belgium, UK.

OffThePorch
10-27-2011, 03:02 PM
Right. I already admitted that living here is better than Somalia or Uganda.

Is that who we compare ourselves to? Do you know that in Europe their workers are more productive, and have 5 weeks mandatory vacation? And I'm not just talking the broke countries -- Italy, Greece, Portugal.

The US is the most productive despite the freeloaders.... & almost everyone i know that works gets a couple days every week off.. thats over 100 days a year. Get a grip.
http://www.inc.com/news/articles/200709/labor.html

CrimsonPirate
10-27-2011, 03:27 PM
Several years ago, we had a family in our church who always seemed to have trouble making ends meet, paying bills, etc. So, the church helped them several times over the course of a couple of years to the tune of about $3,000. The mother did not work but the father had a decent job with the phone company. What a lot of folks had a problem with was, while we were helping them by giving them money, they were eating out two or three times a week. Don't know about y'all but my wife can buy enough to feed a whole family on what it takes for two people to eat out. These folks were taking advantage of our Christian charity and would have continued to do so if the pastor we had at the time had not left.

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 04:58 PM
We disagree... imo you're naive...
& im unAmerican... lol..

If you say so.

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 05:00 PM
The US is the most productive despite the freeloaders.... & almost everyone i know that works gets a couple days every week off.. thats over 100 days a year. Get a grip.
http://www.inc.com/news/articles/200709/labor.html

]Yet, measured as value added per hour worked, American workers dropped behind those in Norway where workers produced $37.99 per hour, compared to $35.63 in the United States and $35.08 in France.

Whoops! If you're not going to make a proper comparison, you shouldn't make one at all.

So now you're pissed that Americans get weekends off? Dag, yo, you really hate us! I thought you guys were supposed to be college football fans!

ACCFanInTraining
10-27-2011, 05:02 PM

When 80% of the world lives on less than $10 a day, then I'd say it shouldn't be dismissed.

What I'm getting at is that poverty is not a set in stone line to cross. Its subjective and defined by different folks at different thresholds. The International Poverty line is defined as someone who lives on $2 or less a day. By that standard there are hardly any poor people in the US. Panhandlers get that every day.

By the US poverty line, which is a household of 4 making less than $22,350, %15.1 of folks are poor.

And I did know that some Europeans get 5 months of vacation...and I don't feel a bit impoverished. Did you know that 2 of the 3 countries you mentioned are 1 and 3 on the highest tax rates in the world?

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 05:06 PM
When 80% of the world lives on less than $10 a day, then I'd say it shouldn't be dismissed.

What I'm getting at is that poverty is not a set in stone line to cross. Its subjective and defined by different folks at different thresholds. The International Poverty line is defined as someone who lives on $2 or less a day. By that standard there are hardly any poor people in the US. Panhandlers get that every day.

Panhandlers get WAY more than that. But 2$ per day doesn't take into account purchasing power in different countries, which varies tremendously. You can't say people in Somalia have $2 per day, versus $20 per day here, and say we're 10x as wealthy. $20 per day would make for a VERY comfortable life in most countries in Africa. In the U.S. it gets you about a month in a hotel, and 11 months under a newspaper, unless you can go without food.

By the US poverty line, which is a household of 4 making less than $22,350, %15.1 of folks are poor.

It's at an all-time high. That doesn't bother you? Do you think taxing those poor people more money will help fix their ills?

And I did know that some Europeans get 5 months of vacation...and I don't feel a bit impoverished. Did you know that 2 of the 3 countries you mentioned are 1 and 3 on the highest tax rates in the world?

Exactly. If I knew my job was waiting for me when I got back, I'd take that leisure time to live my life to the fullest over having the cash taken in taxes. I take cheap vacations, don't you? I mean, since you're all about austerity.

ACCFanInTraining
10-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Panhandlers get WAY more than that. But 2$ per day doesn't take into account purchasing power in different countries, which varies tremendously. You can't say people in Somalia have $2 per day, versus $20 per day here, and say we're 10x as wealthy. $20 per day would make for a VERY comfortable life in most countries in Africa. In the U.S. it gets you about a month in a hotel, and 11 months under a newspaper, unless you can go without food.
It's at an all-time high. That doesn't bother you? Do you think taxing those poor people more money will help fix their ills?
I'm not sure anyone has championed taxing those below the poverty line. I haven't at least. And I'm not sure I'm concerned until I look at the numbers closer. %15 means 1 out of every 6 to 7 folks I meet out in society is poor. So far, that doesn't add to what I see. Can't be too trustful of percentages thrown out lately....I've heard that 99% of us have it pretty bad

Exactly. If I knew my job was waiting for me when I got back, I'd take that leisure time to live my life to the fullest over having the cash taken in taxes. I take cheap vacations, don't you? I mean, since you're all about austerity.
Not sure what you're saying because in Europe they get the vacation BUT they get their cash taken in taxes....they don't get it both ways.

But to answer your question, I honestly don't take cheap vacations now. I've been there, done that, and I've earned the privilege of taking nice vacations now. That's the American way :)

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not sure anyone has championed taxing those below the poverty line.

Uhoh! Don't listen to any of the flat-tax people, or Herman Cain and his 9-9-9 then!

Also, the poor are taxed routinely in about 49 out of 50 states in terms of sales tax. They also probably pay payroll tax unless they have any kids.

I haven't at least. And I'm not sure I'm concerned until I look at the numbers closer. %15 means 1 out of every 6 to 7 folks I meet out in society is poor. So far, that doesn't add to what I see. Can't be too trustful of percentages thrown out lately....

Well "what you see" isn't an empirical study.

I've heard that 99% of us have it pretty bad

That's not really what the movement's about. It's about Wall Street robbing us blind with their reach to the govt. power centers. It's about democracy, not iPods and new cars.

Not sure what you're saying because in Europe they get the vacation BUT they get their cash taken in taxes....they don't get it both ways.

I know, and I'm saying I prefer the vacation.

But to answer your question, I honestly don't take cheap vacations now. I've been there, done that, and I've earned the privilege of taking nice vacations now. That's the American way :)

Hey, good for you, you're one of the luckier ones. So am I. I take my wife somewhere warm every year.

ACCFanInTraining
10-27-2011, 05:43 PM
What I see isn't an empirical study, but...its not far from the truth either.

Then the Occupy movements are doing it wrong. They should be organizing boycotts. That's how you hurt Wall Street.

I'm lucky only in the sense that my family is healthy. I've earned my vacations....although I don't take them much. I like working too.

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 06:37 PM
What I see isn't an empirical study, but...its not far from the truth either.

Then the Occupy movements are doing it wrong. They should be organizing boycotts. That's how you hurt Wall Street.

I'm lucky only in the sense that my family is healthy. I've earned my vacations....although I don't take them much. I like working too.

I think the OWS people are pretty much on track. They have a majority of polls viewing them favorably, and they're creating a big conversation about how corporate greed is contorting the political process. Yeah, pissing on the street and ****ting in a small business's bathroom is bush league, but you cant expect perfection. They also represent a MUCH wider cross-section of the public than that manufactured Teabagger BS

It definitely helps to like what you do for a living, then everyday is a vacation. My job's not bad, but it doesn't beat camping, fishing and mountain biking.

dawgstud
10-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Besides,,, the math doesnt work. The rich already pay most all the taxes, while the 'poor' dont pay jack ****.

Hmmmm.......I wonder why that is. Could it be b/c the rich have control over 90% of the wealth in this country???? Nah, that couldn't have anything to do with it.

http://www.mybudget360.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/financial-wealth-united-states.png

And that is from 2007. It's gotten worse since!

OffThePorch
10-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Hmmmm.......I wonder why that is. Could it be b/c the rich have control over 90% of the wealth in this country???? Nah, that couldn't have anything to do with it. http://www.mybudget360.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/financial-wealth-united-states.png And that is from 2007. It's gotten worse since!

Course thats the reason... duh.... still its a fact that the rich pay most the taxes now. Im all for closing loopholes & deductions... & everyone paying something..buying in.

dawgstud
10-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Course thats the reason... duh.... still its a fact that the rich pay most the taxes now. Im all for closing loopholes & deductions... & everyone paying something..buying in.

It is shocking to me that the rich don't stop working and try to become poor. The poor have it so good why do the rich continue to torture themselves making all that money???

OffThePorch
10-27-2011, 09:24 PM
It is shocking to me that the rich don't stop working and try to become poor. The poor have it so good why do the rich continue to torture themselves making all that money???

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Clown_chili_peppers.jpg/220px-Clown_chili_peppers.jpg

dawgstud
10-27-2011, 09:26 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Clown_chili_peppers.jpg/220px-Clown_chili_peppers.jpg

When you can't debate facts intellectually resort to personal attacks.

OffThePorch
10-27-2011, 09:39 PM

So where are the intellectual facts in this post that im supposed to debate...Sorry,, it looks clownish to me.

dawgstud
10-27-2011, 09:42 PM
So where are the intellectual facts in this post that im supposed to debate...Sorry,, it looks clownish to me.

It's a fair point. I just personally would never attack your family. That's all I'm saying.

Orgcrush
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Where are all the facts that suggest the bottom 20% who scrape together savings to get their cars running again should be "paying in" merely to satisfy your irritation gene?

Cuz
10-27-2011, 11:26 PM
This class warfare crap is about as disgusting as it gets. I am poor. I want entrepreneurs to get incentives, tax breaks, to hire all of us underemployed/unemployed so we can pay taxes.

I have a thread that says "I get to pay taxes again". Of course I won't. I will not make enough this year to pay taxes. I hope to make enough next year to pay.

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 11:21 AM
This class warfare crap is about as disgusting as it gets. I am poor. I want entrepreneurs to get incentives, tax breaks, to hire all of us underemployed/unemployed so we can pay taxes.

I have a thread that says "I get to pay taxes again". Of course I won't. I will not make enough this year to pay taxes. I hope to make enough next year to pay.

I agree. The richest 10% have been waging it for centuries, and they win every time. We should fight back, I agree with you.

And yeah, give those rich people more tax breaks! They've got the lowest taxes in 60 years, and look at how much more they hire now!

ACCFanInTraining
10-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I agree. The richest 10% have been waging it for centuries, and they win every time.

Probably because its human nature for some to rise above the rest

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Probably because its human nature for some to rise above the rest

Where have you risen to?

ACCFanInTraining
10-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Where have you risen to?

I wrote a big long post of my life story....but decided to not post it.

But in summary, I was born in a trailer to parents officially below the poverty line. Today....I live a comfortable life. Other than receiving help from my parents, I have worked for everything I have received.

The OWS movement doesn't really do anything for me other than it makes me thankful my parents were focused on making our lives better rather than chanting stupid things on a street.

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 04:17 PM
I wrote a big long post of my life story....but decided to not post it.

But in summary, I was born in a trailer to parents officially below the poverty line. Today....I live a comfortable life. Other than receiving help from my parents, I have worked for everything I have received.

The OWS movement doesn't really do anything for me other than it makes me thankful my parents were focused on making our lives better rather than chanting stupid things on a street.

So according to you, your own parents were just lazy.

CrimsonPirate
10-28-2011, 04:21 PM

Dude, you need to lighten up. ACCFan said nothing of the sort.

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Dude, you need to lighten up. ACCFan said nothing of the sort.

They were poor. Sounds to me like lazy. I hear "poor", I think "lazy." Sorry, it's the Republican in me.

FreddieMac
10-28-2011, 04:28 PM
They were poor. Sounds to me like lazy. I hear "poor", I think "lazy." Sorry, it's the Republican in me.

A more accurate correlation would be hearing poor and thinking uneducated.

CrimsonPirate
10-28-2011, 04:28 PM

You know, you said something earlier, maybe yesterday, about Christian attitude and concern for other people. Yet, you seem to go out of your way to pick a fight. There are two or more sides to every issue here, but we have no problem getting along with each other. You should try it.

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 04:31 PM
You know, you said something earlier, maybe yesterday, about Christian attitude and concern for other people. Yet, you seem to go out of your way to pick a fight. There are two or more sides to every issue here, but we have no problem getting along with each other. You should try it.

I get along with everyone, too.

Seriously, though, if they weren't lazy, what was their problem? This is America. You work hard, you make money in America, or you're lazy, and Capitalism spits you out.

Right?

Are you saying the American "Capitalist" system isn't working?

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 04:31 PM
A more accurate correlation would be hearing poor and thinking uneducated.

I'm willing to bet a TON of the poor right now are people fresh out of college. Nothing like crushing loan debt and no jobs to put you in dire financial straits.

But those are just lazy hippies....who need to be hit with tear gas.

CrimsonPirate
10-28-2011, 04:40 PM
I get along with everyone, too.

Seriously, though, if they weren't lazy, what was their problem? This is America. You work hard, you make money in America, or you're lazy, and Capitalism spits you out.

Right?

Are you saying the American "Capitalist" system isn't working?

Are you saying that socialism (maybe even communism) would work better?

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Are you saying that socialism (maybe even communism) would work better?

We have a government that cares for our seniors, our poor, constructs our roads, defends our borders, and enforces the law. Just what exactly do you think socialism is?

Capitalism would work great, we should try that.

CrimsonPirate
10-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Our system is not socialism . . . but then, what do I know? I acquiesce to your superior intellect.

ACCFanInTraining
10-28-2011, 05:46 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQayvjlkvcyBVT9XYtQztf66UYJHyrqv khU127Se9vLt1UiCYB8

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 05:50 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQayvjlkvcyBVT9XYtQztf66UYJHyrqv khU127Se9vLt1UiCYB8

Hey man, you said "some rise above the rest."

In what manner do you wish to disparage your parents? Are they lazy? Or just intentionally leaching off the system?

Could it be that you take all that back, and your parents just had a rough go? Or is that not possible?

You can't have it both ways.

ACCFanInTraining
10-28-2011, 06:04 PM

Poor because they were married while my dad was in service and uneducated (Dad barely passed HS, mom only got to 6th grade..because that's the highest they go in Thailand). They started somewhere. They worked hard and saved money. They put two sons through college and both have masters in engineering. They themselves live comfortably above median income and travel/spoil their grandchildren.

So in short, they are exactly what you said....they worked hard even without much education and brought about a good life for them, their kids, and their grandkids.

ACCFanInTraining
10-28-2011, 06:05 PM

In what manner do you wish to disparage your parents? Are they lazy? Or just intentionally leaching off the system?

Could it be that you take all that back, and your parents just had a rough go? Or is that not possible?

Apparently...trolling

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Poor because they were married while my dad was in service and uneducated (Dad barely passed HS, mom only got to 6th grade..because that's the highest they go in Thailand). They started somewhere. They worked hard and saved money. They put two sons through college and both have masters in engineering. They themselves live comfortably above median income and travel/spoil their grandchildren.

So in short, they are exactly what you said....they worked hard even without much education and brought about a good life for them, their kids, and their grandkids.

They're still part of the 99%, ACCFan. They didn't rise to the top.

Some do, Some don't.

Oh well.

Orgcrush
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Apparently...trolling

You just don't like your own Republican medicine fired out of a T-shirt cannon back atcha.

ACCFanInTraining
10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
They're still part of the 99%, ACCFan. They didn't rise to the top.

Some do, Some don't.

Oh well.

Hey we're happy to be in the 99%...too bad you not.

ACCFanInTraining
10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
You just don't like your own Republican medicine fired out of a T-shirt cannon back atcha.

can't stand it that someone worked their way out of poverty?

That would suck if I felt I was entitled to wealth too.

Urb Gruber
10-28-2011, 06:14 PM

Never stated, nor even implied.

Urb Gruber
10-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Misleading question.

Orgcrush
10-29-2011, 02:31 AM
Never stated, nor even implied.
I'm not stating it, or implying it.

But Herman Cain is.

Just sayin'.