Pitino running his mouth about Syracuse and Pitt leaving Big East [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Pitino running his mouth about Syracuse and Pitt leaving Big East

GR8NESS
10-19-2011, 03:39 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/10/louisville-coach-rick-pitino-syracuse-pitt-acc/1

NEW YORK -- Louisville coach Rick Pitino didn't mince words when asked his opinion about Syracuse and Pittsburgh leaving for the Atlantic Coast Conference."This was a basketball move taking Pittsburgh and Syracuse, it was not a football move," he said Wednesday at Big East media days. "They (ACC) wanted to get back to what we remember, 15-20 years ago, growing up a college basketball fan, the ACC was dominant. They don't like the fact that the Big East has been the premier basketball conference," he said.

"My problem is not them leaving," he said. "My problem is you did it in 48 hours. Don't run away with a girl after one date when you've been dating someone else for three or four years. You've been dating this woman for 30 years, show a little respect."

Pitino is a native New Yorker, so envisioning the league without one of its bedrock teams has been unfathomable.

"I can't picture the Big East without Syracuse. I can picture the Big East without Pittsburgh. It's tough for me to understand (Syracuse) since the alumni base is this area and Long Island."

"Syracuse is playing Clemson tonight on TV!" he said in mock excitement. "It's not Syracuse-Georgetown. Syracuse will play Florida State tonight! N.C. State! Wake Forest!"

Pitino was only just starting.

On university priorities and the money grab: "Boston College has one of the premier ADs in the country, in my opinion. I worked with the man at Kentucky. So you can get $2 million more by joining the ACC? Boston College, which probably has an endowment close to a $1 billion, is going to worry about $ 2 million more? How about they only had one championship since joining the ACC in 2005. To me, I would rather win 30-40 championships and be very successful then have $2 million in my pocket. I learned that a long time ago with the Boston Celtics. I had a lot of money in my pocket, but I wasn't happy."

On university presidents: "The presidents have always said to put the athletes first. The last thing they've talked about is the athletes. So there's a bit of hypocrisy in the presidents and their answer today."

When someone said surely the hypocrisy was no surprise, Pitino shook his head. "It does surprise me because it's so obvious." (Note from Brumm: Hmmmmmmmm)

Is he serious? Does he not realize that he did the EXACT SAME THING EXCEPT ACTUALLY WITH HIS REAL LIFE WIFE?!

Good God, Rick...the syphilis is getting to your brain.

Wave&Dawgs
10-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Haha WOW. Probably the worst analogy he would have used. WTF was he thinking?

Urb Gruber
10-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Pot, meet kettle.

GatorMan32
10-19-2011, 04:36 PM
WOW... what... the... *&#@ was he thinking? Pitino dun lost his mind up in herr, up in herr....

GR8NESS
10-19-2011, 04:48 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg644/scaled.php?tn=0&server=644&filename=feyto.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

One thing Pitino really doesn't understand---->No one outside of Jefferson County gives two damn ****s what he has to say on any subject. He is laughed at, not revered. He is mocked, not respected.

Outside of Linebeard Station, he's a smug, crypt keeping, baby aborting, adultering, **** bag ******, underachieving queef.

rstew3
10-19-2011, 04:54 PM
One thing Pitino really doesn't understand---->No one outside of Jefferson County gives two damn ****s what he has to say on any subject. He is laughed at, not revered. He is mocked, not respected.

Outside of Linebeard Station, he's a smug, crypt keeping, baby aborting, adultering, **** bag ******, underachieving queef.

lol. Pot's and Kettle's everywhere in Kentucky.

GR8NESS
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
lol. Pot's and Kettle's everywhere in Kentucky.

Must suck to be one of only two teams with a s***ty enough home court that our team managed to win there last year.

Nice cameo in the ncaa tournament, too.

I'd also like to know what the "pot's" and "kettle's" are possessing. TIA.

XPS
10-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Cal has literally drove Tino insane.

GatorMan32
10-19-2011, 05:30 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/10/louisville-coach-rick-pitino-syracuse-pitt-acc/1

Is he serious? Does he not realize that he did the EXACT SAME THING EXCEPT ACTUALLY WITH HIS REAL LIFE WIFE?!

Good God, Rick...the syphilis is getting to your brain.

Cal has literally drove Tino insane.

I am shocked at your implication here, XPS :raz:

GR8NESS
10-19-2011, 05:32 PM
I am shocked at your implication here, XPS :raz:

hahahaha. Props for actual creativity. :cheers:

GatorMan32
10-19-2011, 06:32 PM
lol thanks bro. was meant in fun. glad you laughed about it. rep coming.

SECgamecock453
10-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey guys can I join in on the bball conversations? Football has me down. :sad2:

Btw.. lol @ Pitino.

XPS
10-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Hey guys can I join in on the bball conversations? Football has me down. :sad2:

Btw.. lol @ Pitino.

Louisville (ESPNU) L 24-17
Florida (ESPN) L 48-10
at LSU (SECN) L 35-7
at South Carolina (SECN) L 54-3

Could be worse.

georgiaguy31015
10-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Sounds to me like sour grapes at least from what I can gather which is tough with the way he put it lol.

BluegrassBelle
10-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Oh please like he doesn't want out of the Big LEast

SECgamecock453
10-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Louisville (ESPNU) L 24-17
Florida (ESPN) L 48-10
at LSU (SECN) L 35-7
at South Carolina (SECN) L 54-3

Could be worse.

I'm willing to bet our bball team will score less than 54 points in both games against Kentucky.

dawgstud
10-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Is Pitino's name in the rafters at Rupp?

GR8NESS
10-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Unfortunately.

dawgstud
10-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Unfortunately.

Come on, dude. You gotta show more respect than that for a UK legend.

GDawg88
10-20-2011, 09:08 PM
At least he didn't compare the Big East to an aborted fetus.

dawgstud
10-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Is Tubby's name in the rafters?

boxvic
10-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Come on, dude. You gotta show more respect than that for a UK legend.

I dunno... dude is straight up crazy these days. At first I thought it was all a work... but the more it goes on and the more I hear Pitino in interviews the more I legitimately think he has some mental health issues that aren't being addressed.

GR8NESS
10-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Is Tubby's name in the rafters?

Nope. And it shouldn't be until he completely retires from coaching, IMO. Nobody with their name in the rafters should have the chance to come coach against UK while up there. That's the biggest reason I hate Pitino's name being up there.

kentubbybasketball
10-20-2011, 10:48 PM
I disagree. I like the five year wait period that players have. Either way, I'm content in knowing he will be repped up there soon. This is nowhere near a Pitino coming in every two years to Rupp.