Mizzou hires Frank Haith [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou hires Frank Haith

GatorMan32
04-04-2011, 01:01 PM
What are they thinking? Haith was not particularly secure at Miami so they give him a better HC job?

kentubbybasketball
04-04-2011, 02:33 PM
GM32, that's how I feel too. Two coaching hires this offseason have been questionable. Ga Tech getting Brian Gregory and Mizzou taking Frank Haith. Neither coach was really loved by his fan base. Haith went to one NCAAT at Miami. That kind of record got Perry Clark fired. I still think about Haith and see Daequan Jones coming in there and him supposedly being one of the best pro prospects in his class. That hasn't come to fruition at all. Shocked by Mizzou, for a program that has never been to a Final Four and has those aspirations, I'm shocked they'd hire him. (Shaka Smart must've politely said no thanks, lol).

I can see why Haith would leave Miami though. I would, too. Not only is he back in the Big 12 where he assisted Barnes at Texas, but he has new job security.

Now, this opens up Miami, which to me like Florida before D got there is a sleeping giant of a job. The weather and beautiful women and chance to play in one of the two best conferences should be huge for recruits. I doubt they go after a high major assistant like they did when they hired Haith.

GatorMan32
04-04-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree that Miami could and probably should be good but to me FSU has been more of a sleeping giant in basketball than Miami. Reason being Miami barely has the money to make the kind of hires that make football competitive let alone other sports like basketball. FSU has better resources and they now have more of a track record for success and also play in the ACC.

Bubba
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
Miami will aquire Frank Martin. and upgrade.

Mizzou....... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

FAIL! its funny how the mizzou fans talked the trash they did about Anderson leaving to Arkansas and saying how they were getting such an upgrade and then pull this perinnial NIT coach out of Miami.

georgiaguy31015
04-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I was a little surprised by this hire as well. Didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.

kentubbybasketball
04-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I agree that Miami could and probably should be good but to me FSU has been more of a sleeping giant in basketball than Miami. Reason being Miami barely has the money to make the kind of hires that make football competitive let alone other sports like basketball. FSU has better resources and they now have more of a track record for success and also play in the ACC.

Definitely but Miami could be good.

NCMISSSTFAN
04-05-2011, 12:14 PM
GM32, that's how I feel too. Two coaching hires this offseason have been questionable. Ga Tech getting Brian Gregory and Mizzou taking Frank Haith. Neither coach was really loved by his fan base. Haith went to one NCAAT at Miami. That kind of record got Perry Clark fired. I still think about Haith and see Daequan Jones coming in there and him supposedly being one of the best pro prospects in his class. That hasn't come to fruition at all. Shocked by Mizzou, for a program that has never been to a Final Four and has those aspirations, I'm shocked they'd hire him. (Shaka Smart must've politely said no thanks, lol).

I can see why Haith would leave Miami though. I would, too. Not only is he back in the Big 12 where he assisted Barnes at Texas, but he has new job security.

Now, this opens up Miami, which to me like Florida before D got there is a sleeping giant of a job. The weather and beautiful women and chance to play in one of the two best conferences should be huge for recruits. I doubt they go after a high major assistant like they did when they hired Haith.

Agreed...I've always wondered why Miami wasn't better nationally in basketball, you would think Miami recruits itself.

GoDores
04-05-2011, 12:25 PM
I've actually heard Miami called one of the worst high major jobs in basketball, basically for the non fan support. You would think it would be a hot spot, but it's not. Look at football.

GatorMan32
04-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Haith last year tried to trump Lebron Bosh and Wade teaming up in Miami as a positive for UM because it would attract kids to the "new basketball capital of the world". Guess he changed his mind?

Bubba
04-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Pearl or Martin would be huge for Miami.

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Grant would be my top choice if he wasn't so young into his Bama career. He knows Miami well, helping recruit Udonis Haslem to UF from there.

SkyAntoine
04-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Is each team trying to downstage the next?

GatorMan32
04-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Pearl would probably come cheap but Martin could likely make more where he is now.

kentubbybasketball
04-05-2011, 11:59 PM
Earl may end up with a show cause in June. Doubt anybody has the cahones to marry him and their program right now.