Jimmer Fredette [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Jimmer Fredette

Herchel
01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
This guy is lighting it up.

GoDores
01-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Pure scorer. Seemed like a slippery player to guard, always had a way to get past you. Always exciting to watch someone like that though.

Djshockley3
01-27-2011, 04:08 PM
He is a badass.

boxvic
01-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I watched part of that BYU/SDSU game last night and the guy is legit. There was one play early in the second half were he goes to come off a screen at the top of the key but the defense went under the screen; so Fredette cuts back toward the screen, gets his defender going back toward the top of the key, then Fredette cuts on a dime back toward the wing. I swear it looked like he planted his leg towards the defender then just shot out to the wing like he came out of a cannon. Then he caught the pass and drained a three.

It was something to see, because I've never seen someone cut like that, let alone make such a quick long jumping cut and then plant their feet and drill the shot. Guys like Meeks and Curry were great shooters and would run off a lot of screens to get open shots; but I never saw either one of them make a cut that fast and then drain the shot.

Storm
01-27-2011, 11:14 PM
that's the worst i've seen SDSU look this year. But Fredette is the man.

georgiaguy31015
01-28-2011, 05:22 AM
Strange name but he's one hell of a player. Probably the best player in the country.

REBEL5 AC
01-28-2011, 06:08 AM
Fredette's going to be nice in the NBA. He won't have plays run for him, but he can create his own shot. He has some of the craziest range I've ever seen. When he crosses the half-court line, he's pretty much in range.

GoDores
01-28-2011, 08:23 AM
that's the worst i've seen SDSU look this year. But Fredette is the man.

Really? I was wondering about that. That is the first time I've gotten to watch a game of theirs, and they really didn't look top 10 to me. Granted, at BYU in that atmosphere was not an easy place to play.

Everybody talks about how good they are, I figured they must have just had an off game. They looked real athletic, but seemed to have trouble on offense. Maybe we can just credit BYU for that.

SkyAntoine
01-28-2011, 08:40 AM
He didn't come to UK so he must not be very good.

Storm
01-28-2011, 08:47 AM
Really? I was wondering about that. That is the first time I've gotten to watch a game of theirs, and they really didn't look top 10 to me. Granted, at BYU in that atmosphere was not an easy place to play.

Everybody talks about how good they are, I figured they must have just had an off game. They looked real athletic, but seemed to have trouble on offense. Maybe we can just credit BYU for that.

i've been following them because of the Steve Fisher ties. BYU did a good job defensively. Very physical and SDSU wasn't use to that. They are a good transition team because they are long and athletic, but they'll struggle come tournament time when the game slows down to a half court offense. IMO

GR8NESS
01-28-2011, 10:39 AM
BYU was also allowed to be even physical, because they were at home. I'd like to see them on a neutral court. That was actually a pretty close game until about the last 7-8 minutes, wasn't it?

BTW,

Kemba for PotY?

Fredette about it.

kentubbybasketball
01-28-2011, 03:19 PM
He seems like a neat person even outside of basketball... likes hip hop for instance. Gotta like him (I guess unless you're a Florida fan after last season).

REBEL5 AC
01-28-2011, 08:59 PM
BYU was also allowed to be even physical, because they were at home. I'd like to see them on a neutral court. That was actually a pretty close game until about the last 7-8 minutes, wasn't it?

BTW,

Kemba for PotY?

Fredette about it.

Kemba's clutch like Kobe, though. He's hit like 3-4 game winning shots, IIRC

REBEL5 AC
01-28-2011, 09:00 PM
He seems like a neat person even outside of basketball... likes hip hop for instance. Gotta like him (I guess unless you're a Florida fan after last season).

I didn't know hippity hop was allowed at BYU

kentubbybasketball
01-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Those religious schools would surprise you. (lol) I graduated from one myself.

Kemba didn't hit his game winner today and I couldn't have been happier. I hope Fredette or Sullinger take POY.

GR8NESS
01-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Kemba's clutch like Kobe

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time