Sixth straight bowl loss for Georgia Tech!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Sixth straight bowl loss for Georgia Tech!!

ugabrad
12-27-2010, 09:00 PM
You have to hand it to the nerds... they've become mighty consistent these days!

:rotf:

scgamecock312
12-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Unless you are playing for the National Title it is just a bowl game.

BulldawgNation
12-27-2010, 09:44 PM
They had me worried before the game. But they came through for a loss.

ugabrad
12-27-2010, 09:47 PM

South Carolina's record in bowls suggests that attitude prevails in Columbia...

Bacon
12-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Congrats Georgia fans

Cuz
12-28-2010, 12:11 AM
We win in Shreveport and the next year Tech loses. The sun will come up in the East and water will continue to flow downhill. All is right with the world.

georgiaguy31015
12-28-2010, 07:35 AM
At first I didn't think they would be able to pull it off. Glad to see it happen lol. They turned the ball over 4 times and you aren't going to win like that. Also, you can't give a team that long to prepare for a gimmick offense like that either. As long as their is that much of a gap between the last game played and the bowl game I believe Tech will lose a lot more than they win.

Herchel
12-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Lewis is smiling.

DecaturDawg
12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Lewis is smiling.

And so am I!

Herchel
12-28-2010, 08:08 AM
I hope the genius has a contract like Hewitt's.

scgamecock312
12-28-2010, 08:48 AM
South Carolina's record in bowls suggests that attitude prevails in Columbia...

And at the end of the day it is just another bowl game.

ECDawg78
12-28-2010, 09:00 AM
I hope the genius has a contract like Hewitt's.

Hell, we all would love a contract like Hewitt's..........

Herchel
12-28-2010, 09:01 AM
And at the end of the day it is just another bowl game.

Why does USC have a mural of the Outback Bowl if it is just another game?

scgamecock312
12-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Why does USC have a mural of the Outback Bowl if it is just another game?

I can't answer that but it simply is just another bowl game. Auburn/Oregon are playing for something...the rest of us well...

Herchel
12-28-2010, 09:27 AM
I can't answer that but it simply is just another bowl game. Auburn/Oregon are playing for something...the rest of us well...
We are all playing for a better record, and some for a higher ranking.

Cuz
12-28-2010, 10:12 AM

Sure you can. You just don't want to answer it. Now you can say that unlike other USC fans, I refuse to embrace our mediocre past, and because of that, the Chicken bowl does not interest me. If that is how you feel, then that is a respectable attitude and would probably earn you some rep points. Other than that, it looks like sour grapes.

Well at least this year you have wins over UGA and Clemson, some good conference wins, the SEC East Crown and something to build on for next year. Smile a little bit. :)

OffThePorch
12-28-2010, 10:30 AM
i picked GaTech... but im glad Air Force won...

Cuz
12-28-2010, 10:41 AM
i picked GaTech... but im glad Air Force won...

I picked Air Force and I am only one behind you in the Pickems on Yahoo. Don't look over your shoulder.:)

scgamecock312
12-28-2010, 10:58 AM
Sure you can. You just don't want to answer it. Now you can say that unlike other USC fans, I refuse to embrace our mediocre past, and because of that, the Chicken bowl does not interest me. If that is how you feel, then that is a respectable attitude and would probably earn you some rep points. Other than that, it looks like sour grapes.

Well at least this year you have wins over UGA and Clemson, some good conference wins, the SEC East Crown and something to build on for next year. Smile a little bit. :)

Obviously you haven't read many of my posts concerning Carolina football. Again, every Carolina fan knows of our history so pointing that out isn't going to bother us. We are heading places we haven't ever seen and that in itself is what I'm concerned with. As for the Chick Fil A Bowl...it seems to be a pretty dang good bowl. Take a look at the bowl payouts and then let me know what you think. Do I want to win the bowl game? Sure I do...but ultimately it is about getting the extra practices etc.

YR_Tiger
12-28-2010, 11:32 AM
USAF!!!!! Aim High!!!
Man I loved that game. I think that last drive by AF was the longest (time) I have ever seen. Din't get the FG to ice it took off enough time.
It was good day for YR, 2 of my favorite teams won. Saints and Falcons.
BTW Paul Johnson is a world class *****

Cuz
12-28-2010, 11:33 AM
As for the Chick Fil A Bowl...it seems to be a pretty dang good bowl. Take a look at the bowl payouts and then let me know what you think. Do I want to win the bowl game? Sure I do...but ultimately it is about getting the extra practices etc.

The Chicken bowl is a good bowl. Better than the Elvis bowl. Glad to see that you want to win this game. Previous posts made me think you did not care. I want you guys to win. I have you in the Pickems. Beat them Nolesholes.

ugabrad
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Winning whatever bowl to which you are invited is important. It is all about pride - pride in the team, pride in your school, pride in doing the best you can.

Too many people these days think that if you are playing for a national title then you aren't s***. I despise that attitude. It's an attitude for losers - players who buy into that attitude are cheating themselves and their fans. "Oh, gee... we aren't going to the title game so I'm just going to take it easy and coast through the rest of this season."

Bah! Humbug!

ChickenCurse
12-28-2010, 01:20 PM

This is the attitude that arises when it takes you 100 years to win a bowl.

Optik
12-28-2010, 02:44 PM
USAF!!!!! Aim High!!!
Man I loved that game. I think that last drive by AF was the longest (time) I have ever seen. Din't get the FG to ice it took off enough time.
It was good day for YR, 2 of my favorite teams won. Saints and Falcons.
BTW Paul Johnson is a world class *****

You see the Air Force Falcon at the beginning of the game fly out of the stadium? They had to go find it, lol. Even the bird couldn't stand to be around Jowls Johnson's doucheyness. :think:

PJ will NEVER win a bowl game at Tech. :rotf:

Optik
12-28-2010, 02:47 PM
Winning whatever bowl to which you are invited is important. It is all about pride - pride in the team, pride in your school, pride in doing the best you can.

Too many people these days think that if you are playing for a national title then you aren't s***. I despise that attitude. It's an attitude for losers - players who buy into that attitude are cheating themselves and their fans. "Oh, gee... we aren't going to the title game so I'm just going to take it easy and coast through the rest of this season."

Bah! Humbug!

Correct or not, 312's opinion is obviously the overriding one in Columbia. Remember the bowl game against Iowa a couple years ago when USC should have won, but got rolled because nobody on the team would put one little iota of effort into their play in the game?

Not even SOS has been able to get that team fired up for a bowl game. They have never played in a postseason game that mattered apparently. :think:

scgamecock312
12-28-2010, 09:24 PM
This is the attitude that arises when it takes you 100 years to win a bowl.

You are still here running your mouth after the whipping we put on you Taters?!

YR_Tiger
12-28-2010, 10:12 PM
You see the Air Force Falcon at the beginning of the game fly out of the stadium? They had to go find it, lol. Even the bird couldn't stand to be around Jowls Johnson's doucheyness. :think:

PJ will NEVER win a bowl game at Tech. :rotf:

I saw that. They did not find the falcon until the end of the game. You know some Air Man was sh!tting himself for losing gov property.

Optik
12-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I saw that. They did not find the falcon until the end of the game. You know some Air Man was sh!tting himself for losing gov property.

It showed the Falconeers right after he flew out and they were freaking out trying to get their **** together so they could track him. I am sure someone needed a new pair of underwear as they watch him fly out of the stadium. :)

Cuz
12-29-2010, 12:01 AM
It showed the Falconeers right after he flew out and they were freaking out trying to get their **** together so they could track him. I am sure someone needed a new pair of underwear as they watch him fly out of the stadium. :)

Houston, we have a problem.

Heck Pup
12-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Tech's first losing season since 1996. Sixth straight bowl loss. They end up losing to a Service Academy to cap off their year (lol). They end up in Shreveport this time (lol) one season removed from having their a$$es handed to them by Iowa in the Orange Bowl. Speaking of MAJOR BOWLS - Tech has still NOT won a MAJOR BOWL (Orange, Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Cotton) since the 1956 Sugar Bowl (lol). The Genius is supposed to have all the players for his system in place by now. He can't blame the lack of execution on Chan's players anymore.

But hey - at least they led the nation in rushing. There is a local moron on the radio here that thinks they are the cats pajamas because they led the nation in rushing and says they will win the ACC next year (lolololol).