Rumor is Al Golden to Miami [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Rumor is Al Golden to Miami

GatorMan32
12-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Does that mean we can call them Golden Showers instead of Hurricanes now? ;)

F250MustangGuy
12-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Probably better than Muschamp, FWIW

GatorMan32
12-12-2010, 07:17 PM
LOL I knew there'd be douche bag response as soon as I saw you posted and I was right. Wake me when Richt can manage a winning record v a Florida coach. He is 0-for-3 coaches so far.

Bubba
12-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Probably better than Muschamp, FWIW

:facepalm:

Optik
12-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Looks like I spoke too soon on Marc Trestman. Miami decided to shoot for the stars and go all out for Temple's HC. Wow. Welcome to the big leagues Hurricanes. :rotf:

Anyone else getting on that USF as best team in South FL bandwagon with me yet? They are ascendant, Miami is heading down.http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll59/NicolaeUGA/Smileys/emot-bandwagon.gif

Bubba
12-12-2010, 07:32 PM
His only claim to fame is 1 season with the patriots. Don't know what year.

This is a horrible hire. Kevin sumlin, mike stoops, Charlie strong, Tommy tuberville, Bo pelini, would have been way better and would have done more IMO. Hell even rich rod would be better than Golden.

Miami is not serious about getting back to top 5.

Optik
12-12-2010, 07:36 PM
His only claim to fame is 1 season with the patriots. Don't know what year.

This is a horrible hire. Kevin sumlin, mike stoops, Charlie strong, Tommy tuberville, Bo pelini, would have been way better and would have done more IMO. Hell even rich rod would be better than Golden.

Miami is not serious about getting back to top 5.

With Donna in charge, they never will be.

GR8NESS
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
This is a hell of a hire. It's not "Sexy" but the man has done great at Temple.

UK'sRash
12-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Temple got kicked out of the big east for sucking so much. He made them a good program.

georgiaguy31015
12-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I've heard that he's been offered but no word on whether or not he's accepted yet.

georgiaguy31015
12-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Scratch my last post. ESPN is reporting that the deal is done and Golden is the new coach at Miami. I don't get it. I mean I know he made Temple somewhat respectable but it's not like he's a world beater. Is this the best Miami can do?

Optik
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Scratch my last post. ESPN is reporting that the deal is done and Golden is the new coach at Miami. I don't get it. I mean I know he made Temple somewhat respectable but it's not like he's a world beater. Is this the best Miami can do?

Yes. Yes it is.

F250MustangGuy
12-12-2010, 09:44 PM

There was another coach who won at a mid major and came to a Florida school and did alright.

LOL I knew there'd be douche bag response as soon as I saw you posted and I was right.

My post vs one referencing a pee pee fetish...

If Golden hires a defensive coordinator named Sanchez and an offensive coordinator named Cleveland, I cant wait to see what you have in store for SECF. It should be a hoot!

Wave&Dawgs
12-12-2010, 09:46 PM
And people thought Mullen was going to go there. :rotf:

scgamecock312
12-12-2010, 10:04 PM
I don't get why everyone is against this hire. Golden has done wonders with Temple.

GatorMan32
12-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm not against the hire. He might do well. Just found his name funny with Miami's mascot...

Optik
12-12-2010, 11:44 PM
I don't get why everyone is against this hire. Golden has done wonders with Temple.

I am not against this hire at all. It is a GREAT hire...if this were Jax St. It is Miami, though and seems just a bit...less than what was expected. I think Al will do a fine job, but I don't think he will be a fantastic coach at Miami. IMO, he doesn't "fit" there at all...

Bubba
12-13-2010, 12:15 AM
I am not against this hire at all. It is a GREAT hire...if this were Jax St. It is Miami, though and seems just a bit...less than what was expected. I think Al will do a fine job, but I don't think he will be a fantastic coach at Miami. IMO, he doesn't "fit" there at all...

Jacksonville states coach has beat an SEC team

Just Some Hog Dude
12-13-2010, 12:31 AM
I have no idea who he is but whatever. If he can win at Temple he must be okay.

Bubba
12-13-2010, 01:29 AM
im disapointed in miami. only time will tell if this is a good hire, but as of right now, its not very exciting. i just know theres a big list of others who would be alot better.

georgiaguy31015
12-13-2010, 07:39 AM
im disapointed in miami. only time will tell if this is a good hire, but as of right now, its not very exciting. i just know theres a big list of others who would be alot better.

That's my thing. There were guys out there who I think are better. However, I'm not a fan of Miami nor do I work for Miami so what I think means nothing. I realize he did wonders at Temple but it's Temple for crying out loud. I know the ACC isn't great football wise but they are better competition than what Temple plays. It's easy to win when you aren't playing anyone.

rolling baby
12-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Who heard of Jimmy Johnson before he took Miami job? Howard Schellenberger? Butch Davis? Folks forget there's always a great coach waiting to be discovered. Golden would be great hire for the Canes.

GatorMan32
12-13-2010, 10:33 AM
LOL I knew after reading you saying Muschamp was questionable you'd have bragged about hiring Temple's coach LOL By the way who hadn't heard of Butch Davis?

rolling baby
12-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I didn't, following the Dallas Cowboys as a kid in El Paso.

Golden has HC experience. I don't know where you been but I would hardly say Texas a force to be reckon with on defense the last several years.

IllinoisDawg63
12-13-2010, 02:11 PM
LOL I knew there'd be douche bag response as soon as I saw you posted and I was right. Wake me when Richt can manage a winning record v a Florida coach. He is 0-for-3 coaches so far.What a joker....that means alot from somebody who must get off on golden showers...YOU!! Urban and Timmy can do showers together now!!

Bubba
12-13-2010, 02:20 PM
im still not happy about the Golden hire. is Temple Northeast? im too lazy to do a search. he better hire some outta this world assistants, hows he gonna recruit well?

well 2nd thought, miami recruits itself.... or it used to.