Big 12 bowl suckeration [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 bowl suckeration

AURex
12-06-2010, 08:35 AM
Just look at the crappy bowl Nebraska ended up in. Big 12 North division champion, played a good game against Oklahoma in their championship game, overall 10-3 record. And they get the Holiday Bowl, playing a rematch against a 6-6 Washington team that they beat by 35 points earlier this year.

And Big 12 champion Oklahoma (10-2) ends up playing that Big East powerhouse UConn that went 8-4 including loses to Temple and Rutgers.

And 10-2 Missouri, which beat Oklahoma and Texas A&M, gets stuck with a middling 7-5 Iowa in the Insight Bowl.

The Big 12 is not the SEC, sure, but I do think they deserve better bowl tie-ins than this. Of course, Oklahoma has no control over the quality of Big East teams, and they are stuck with that BCS lock-in. I'd like to see the Sooners and Huskers playing decent opponents.

The LSU - Texas A&M game in the Cotton Bowl will probably be the only Big 12 bowl game worth watching this year. The Aggies got lucky in the draw.

Well, except they have to play LSU, which should beat on them for a couple of hours. But from their perspective it's a quality bowl against a big time opponent, unlike the 3 teams in their league that deserve better than they got.

I guess, though, that these bowl pairings assure the Big 12 of having a good post-season record against other conferences. Bowl wins look pretty in the record book. And next year, the pre-season polls will rank them higher as a result.

joehogjoe
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't know about LSU beating A&M. A&M gave us a tougher game than did LSU.

YR_Tiger
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't know about LSU beating A&M. A&M gave us a tougher game than did LSU.

Ark beat LSU at home by one more point.....

joehogjoe
12-06-2010, 11:01 AM
yeah but A&M played us tougher.

I'm not putting Lsu down, it's just until the A&M game was over I didn't feel comfortable. I never felt threatened by LSU in the 4th quarter.

Alta16
12-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view2/1226571/ku-tackling-o.gif

Just Some Hog Dude
12-06-2010, 09:00 PM
We could have beat LSU worse though. They kinda lucked out on that ball Jefferson fumbled too. Tannehill was not the QB for TAMU when we played them either. The Hogs were much better at the end of the season than at the beginning though. I wouldn't sleep on TAMU though. They have elite size and speed like a top level SEC team. It is amazing how much better they got in just one year.

LSUTigers1404
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM
We could have beat LSU worse though. They kinda lucked out on that ball Jefferson fumbled too. Tannehill was not the QB for TAMU when we played them either. The Hogs were much better at the end of the season than at the beginning though. I wouldn't sleep on TAMU though. They have elite size and speed like a top level SEC team. It is amazing how much better they got in just one year.

You also could have lost if our defense didn't give up 2 bombs. That is a very rare occurance for our defense.

joehogjoe
12-06-2010, 10:02 PM
You also could have lost if our defense didn't give up 2 bombs. That is a very rare occurance for our defense.

but don't you get it, we thrive on Big Plays, Mallett is tops in the nation at plays of that kind. The best part of those big plays is that P. Peterson got beat twice. TWICE!!!

Djshockley3
12-07-2010, 04:36 AM
Maybe Oklahoma can now win a BCS bowl.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-07-2010, 05:05 AM

...and a common occurrence for Mallett.

DBS
12-07-2010, 06:50 AM

but is it a VERY common occurance for our offense. don't act like it's something we never do. we lead the nation in big passing plays.

and we could have scored another TD very, very very, easy but took a knee instead. so stfu :)