Texas Fired the offensive coordinator [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Texas Fired the offensive coordinator

rolling baby
12-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Malzahn to Texas?

ACCFanInTraining
12-02-2010, 11:26 AM
that would be the trend....

F250MustangGuy
12-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Whats going to happen to Major Applesauce?

Cuz
12-02-2010, 12:36 PM
Whats going to happen to Major Applesauce?

He will become the Quarterbacks Coach under Mike Bobo. Oh happy day!

onlyfrbama
12-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Applewhite will stay in his current position. I look for them to go after either Malzahn or McElwayne. Malzahn would be a big time hire by Texas but I think they go after a guy like McElwayne that bring the pro type offense they want to run.

Cuz
12-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Will Muschamp was sweating bullets wondering why he did not go back to UGA. :banghead:

Bacon
12-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Will Muschamp was sweating bullets wondering why he did not go back to UGA. :banghead:

Word on Austin Sports radio and ************.com is that this is a clear signal of Mack Brown's retirement next season or the following season. Muschamp in waiting and actively voicing his opinion behind the scenes.

Texas may want to hire from the NFL and bring in a pro style offense, so I think Malzahn is kind of everyone's flavor of the month, but may not be the right fit for Muschamp/Brown's needs.

Just Some Hog Dude
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Malzahn to Texas.

Cuz
12-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Word on Austin Sports radio and ************.com is that this is a clear signal of Mack Brown's retirement next season or the following season. Muschamp in waiting and actively voicing his opinion behind the scenes.

Don't you just love college football in the internet era. What did you do this year is the mantra unless your name is JoePa. And even so, some are not happy in the valley.

georgiaguy31015
12-03-2010, 05:49 AM
I am not surprised. As bad of a season as they had I would have been shocked if Texas didn't make a move. What I don't get is why Malzhan would go to Texas? That would be a lateral move. I don't expect him to leave Auburn unless it's for a HC position.

joehogjoe
12-03-2010, 10:08 AM
malzahn to texas.

no.....

REBEL5 AC
12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
First of all, I have not heard anything about Davis being fired. There's been reports that "sources" have said that he was fired, but remember - this report came of Chip Brown. Until I hear something directly from Mack Brown and the University of Texas, I don't believe it.

As for Malzahn, he would not have a QB on roster to run his offense. For what it's worth, I have had enough of the spread at Texas. We need to go a pro-style route - this is assuming that Greg Davis is even fired.

rolling baby
12-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Spread work for UT in the past. Malzahn has done great work with QBs that didn't fit his mold.

dnmuga93
12-06-2010, 10:52 PM
First of all, I have not heard anything about Davis being fired. There's been reports that "sources" have said that he was fired, but remember - this report came of Chip Brown. Until I hear something directly from Mack Brown and the University of Texas, I don't believe it.

As for Malzahn, he would not have a QB on roster to run his offense. For what it's worth, I have had enough of the spread at Texas. We need to go a pro-style route - this is assuming that Greg Davis is even fired.

Heard on the radio during my trip to Louisville tonight that Davis, MacWhorter, and one other offensive assistant "resigned under pressure".

Bubba
12-06-2010, 11:43 PM
Texas needs to look at Paul Petrino. and not just bc his Brother is an excellent coach, but he will soon be making a name for himself. I dont wanna imagine what he would put together at Texas. the biggest problem with texas getting an OC is theres no coach in waiting possibility and you'd have to mesh with Muschamp as hes the heir apparent. I hate Texas, but I think they need an young aggressive OC that can "feed the studs" Texas always has.

Auburn OC > Texas OC

Texas HC > Auburn HC

i dont see Malzhan taking a side step to OC @ Texas, and as of right now, other than $$$ being an upgrade, the prestige is downgrade. Auburns hot right now. Malzhans next step will be a HC @ in a Major conference.

REBEL5 AC
12-07-2010, 12:59 PM
It was made official yesterday. Greg Davis, Mac McWhorter and Mike Tolleson are gone.

This is going to be a big off-season for Texas football.

Bayou Bengal 72
12-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Re: most comments on this thread..... never mind.