Rumors of RichRod's demise circulating [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of RichRod's demise circulating

GatorMan32
11-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I've seen rumors and apparently some coming from Herbie, that RichRod is on the way out after another second half slump for the Big Blue of Meeeeeeeeeeee-sha-gin. Not sure I buy this but thoughts?

Cuz
11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Bout dam time.

IllinoisDawg63
11-24-2010, 06:51 PM
They are going to post season bowl....if that saves him??

BergeLSU
11-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't know who would want to take over there right now. RR recruited for 3 years now to fit his system (read: no defense), and has left the program in shambles compared to what he got. I am sure UM will come and talk with Miles, though.

OffThePorch
11-24-2010, 07:05 PM
i think he gets another season...

ACCFanInTraining
11-24-2010, 07:26 PM
I hope so. Furman has permission to interview Billy Napier. If he left, I would love to have RichRod back as OC.

bleedorange1983
11-24-2010, 07:40 PM
He beats tOSUck, he stays

IllinoisDawg63
11-24-2010, 08:00 PM
He beats tOSUck, he staysa team that goes 3 OTs to scratch out a W over Illinois isn't beating the Buckeyes...not this year. Michigan is still OSU's b!tch!

RedNekTiger
11-24-2010, 08:43 PM
If it happens, the whole state of WV will celebrate.

Cuz
11-24-2010, 08:48 PM
If it happens, the whole state of WV will celebrate.

Time to put out the warnings again.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_f3fTVkavMVg/SarjJmHTSJI/AAAAAAAABVs/H-YGShJd_Ek/s400/CouchBurning.jpg

georgiaguy31015
11-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Interesting. I didn't figure he would get fired after this year and on a side note and a bit of irony didn't Herbie already get made an idiot of after circulating rumors about Michigan and Les Miles that didn't come true?

Just Some Hog Dude
11-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Harbaugh is the man apparently. Rich Rod screwed the pooch by leaving WVU. Gosh damn.

OffThePorch
11-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Harbaugh is the man apparently. Rich Rod screwed the pooch by leaving WVU. Gosh damn.

he had it made there... i hope Mullen looks at that situation & stays at State when offered a higher profile job...

Storm
11-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Interesting. I didn't figure he would get fired after this year and on a side note and a bit of irony didn't Herbie already get made an idiot of after circulating rumors about Michigan and Les Miles that didn't come true?

this is why I don't believe anything Herbie has to say at this point. Rich Rod gets them to a bowl game finally, they aren't going to turn around and fire him with such a prolific offense going right now. If they do anything, they fire Greg Robinson and bring in a DC who does everything himself and Dave Brandon tells Rich Rod to stay out of the defenses way.

Friedchickenman
11-24-2010, 11:47 PM
What in the heck is wrong with Michigan's D? It's sucked for about a decade now.

IllinoisDawg63
11-24-2010, 11:55 PM
This has got to be a pretty awkward time....Notre Dame has been struggling for 7-8 yrs(outside of Willingham's 2002 season). Michigan has had 2 definite dark yrs('08 and '09), and now Texas will be lucky for post season play. Not to mention SoCal's probation(but they brought much of it on themselves, so who gives a F). This is why we see stranger(s) that don't make bowl games.

Storm
11-25-2010, 12:00 AM
What in the heck is wrong with Michigan's D? It's sucked for about a decade now.

People put the blame on it's demise on Lloyd Carr mailing it in the last several years of his career in regards to recruiting and they just never recovered.

Storm
11-25-2010, 06:49 AM
From Michigan AD Dave Brandon's Twitter page:

"Heard about a "rumor" re: some "big announcement" on Monday regarding M-Football. Add it to the rumor rubbish pile! Happy Thanksgiving!"

Dr.SwineSmeller
11-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Rich Rod is as cooked as a Thanksgiving turkey...

Dr. SwineSmeller

IllinoisDawg63
11-25-2010, 10:38 AM
To credit Rodriquez-they are playing in some bowl. If they let him go, and a worse flop endures(similar to Nebraska's firing of
Solich), the expansion of Big 10 will have no mercy.

Just Some Hog Dude
11-25-2010, 12:22 PM
he had it made there... i hope Mullen looks at that situation & stays at State when offered a higher profile job...

He might be wise to do so with Ole Miss seemingly going into the gutter. The state of Mississippi has some pretty good football talent. MSU might be the one playing for the NC had Newton made a different decision.

Just Some Hog Dude
11-25-2010, 12:23 PM

They look like a FCS team on defense. It is ridiculous.

fodive
11-25-2010, 12:33 PM
I hope so. Furman has permission to interview Billy Napier. If he left, I would love to have RichRod back as OC.

He'd never go back to being an OC.

Greg Robinson has to go for sure, Michigan should be patient with RR with all the money they are paying him.

WouldE
11-25-2010, 09:40 PM
They probably should fire him...but seeing how Michigan has been so patient in the past they will probably give him another season or two.

Plus with all the money they've wasted on him paying off WVU's buyout...

LSUTigers1404
11-26-2010, 12:47 AM
The Tulane job will more than likely be open after this season. Maybe he can come back to New Orleans where he was once the OC. :)

Storm
11-26-2010, 04:44 AM
They probably should fire him...but seeing how Michigan has been so patient in the past they will probably give him another season or two.

Plus with all the money they've wasted on him paying off WVU's buyout...

I tend to agree with that at as well. Had they not sunk 2 million into his buyout, they probably would have fired him last year.

2008 National Champions
11-28-2010, 02:46 AM
I think he gets one more year, but they should never have hired him in the first place. :)

Storm
11-28-2010, 07:23 AM
I also agree there 2006. It was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The problem was that the AD at the time went into panic mode after a few people turned it down and the Les Miles fiasco.

The latest rumor is he'll coach through the bowl game then they'll fire him because he buyout apparently drops a couple million after the 1st of the year. Personally, I'd like to see them wash out the defensive coaching staff, give RR one more year with this offense and see what a new defense could do.

georgiaguy31015
11-28-2010, 07:34 AM
I also agree there 2006. It was like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. The problem was that the AD at the time went into panic mode after a few people turned it down and the Les Miles fiasco.

The latest rumor is he'll coach through the bowl game then they'll fire him because he buyout apparently drops a couple million after the 1st of the year. Personally, I'd like to see them wash out the defensive coaching staff, give RR one more year with this offense and see what a new defense could do.

Take it from a fan who's team is in the middle of a transition defense. If you are going to give your coach one more year to turn it around you don't change the offensive or defensive staff and then give him that year. He won't be able to do it. It takes time to put in a new staff like that and if you do that and then say you have to win this year you are wasting your time and setting him up to fail. You might as well fire him and be done with it.

Urb Gruber
11-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I'd love to see Jim Harbaugh get the Michigan HC job. I know offensively his philosophy clashes with the personnel, but he could make it work. A spring football session with Jim Harbaugh would instantly make that Defense 10x better.

And his "don't take anything from anyone" attitude would be great for the OSU-UM rivalry.

JMO.

Storm
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
i certainly won't complain if JH does get the job. That's the difference though with the fan base right now. A lot of people have been so against Rich Rod since he arrived it's been nothing but an uphill battle for him. He wins 7 games this season, lets say 8 with a bowl win for arguments sake, and get's fired and people think he's a bum. Harbaugh comes in next season and say wins 7 or 8 games and he's going to be carried around on a chariot in Ann Arbor. Funny how things work for insiders and outsiders.

georgiaguy31015
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
i certainly won't complain if JH does get the job. That's the difference though with the fan base right now. A lot of people have been so against Rich Rod since he arrived it's been nothing but an uphill battle for him. He wins 7 games this season, lets say 8 with a bowl win for arguments sake, and get's fired and people think he's a bum. Harbaugh comes in next season and say wins 7 or 8 games and he's going to be carried around on a chariot in Ann Arbor. Funny how things work for insiders and outsiders.

That my friend is how life works lol.

ACCFanInTraining
11-28-2010, 03:32 PM
He'd never go back to being an OC.

Greg Robinson has to go for sure, Michigan should be patient with RR with all the money they are paying him.
Dang fodive,

29-7 not enough? Gotta squash all dreams?

NatureBoy
11-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Didn't Harbaugh make some negative comments in regards to UM academics that ticked off the Wolverine faithful?

Storm
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM
yeah, that's one of the reasons why he wasn't approached when Lloyd retired, that and lack of experience. He basically waited until Bo died then started popping off at the mouth about Michigans lax academic standards. His DUI history is also a turnoff to a lot of fans after the Gary Moeller incident that got him fired.

we'll see what happens. I've darn near stopped going to my Michigan message board anymore because it's like a frigging civil war there right now. Very annoying.