How bad is the big east? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : How bad is the big east?

UK'sRash
11-21-2010, 01:35 PM
This bad

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/195808655.jpg

It's quite "vile"

Djshockley3
11-21-2010, 01:54 PM
They will get a 7-5 team in a BCS bowl, which is sad.

Cap'n
11-21-2010, 02:39 PM
Seriously?

GR8NESS
11-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Seriously?

seriously.

Optik
11-22-2010, 01:08 AM

For their sake, Pitt better win out...they are going to end up facing Boise or TCU.

Djshockley3
11-22-2010, 01:15 AM
And its going to be a beatdown.

LSUTigers1404
11-22-2010, 01:34 AM
The Big East needs to have its automatic BCS bid stripped. It's ridiculous.

jRowdy
11-22-2010, 01:36 AM
For their sake, Pitt better win out...they are going to end up facing Boise or TCU.

blah!

and Boise or TCU are gonna destroy them and all we are gonna hear next year is "we destroyed another aq team in a bcs bowl, we deserve a championship game"
boy is that gonna suck. i wanna see both of them face a big time program and get demolished so we dont have to hear it.

Optik
11-22-2010, 10:47 AM
blah!

and Boise or TCU are gonna destroy them and all we are gonna hear next year is "we destroyed another aq team in a bcs bowl, we deserve a championship game"
boy is that gonna suck. i wanna see both of them face a big time program and get demolished so we dont have to hear it.

You will hear it all offseason, but you won't hear it anymore after the first game from Boise. :cheers:

jRowdy
11-22-2010, 11:59 AM
You will hear it all offseason, but you won't hear it anymore after the first game from Boise. :cheers:

this is very true :cheers:

Fatboy
11-22-2010, 12:05 PM
It's so bad that when I read the thread title I automatically assumed you were talking about basketball. My first thought was, "since when?"

Wave&Dawgs
11-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Yet if TCU or Boise St were in the Big East, I'm sure no one would have a problem with them getting a title shot since they would be in a magical "BCS conference", as if that makes a hell of a difference as to how good a team is. The MWC and the WAC are both way better than the Big East this year yet the Big East gets a BCS bid and teams from those 2 conferences are simply dismissed as "cupcakes" by the uneducated masses. It's quite comical really.

Optik
11-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Yet if TCU or Boise St were in the Big East, I'm sure no one would have a problem with them getting a title shot since they would be in a magical "BCS conference", as if that makes a hell of a difference as to how good a team is. The MWC and the WAC are both way better than the Big East this year yet the Big East gets a BCS bid and teams from those 2 conferences are simply dismissed as "cupcakes" by the uneducated masses. It's quite comical really.

Not if they were as bad as the current BE teams. Right now I would bet the farm on TCU or Boise beating ANY Big East team by at least 14.

Wave&Dawgs
11-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Not if they were as bad as the current BE teams. Right now I would bet the farm on TCU or Boise beating ANY Big East team by at least 14.

I agree, but I still feel like a lot of people would have much less of a problem with one of those teams getting a title shot if they played in the Big East just because it's a "BCS conference", even though the Mountain West and WAC are both better this year.

Carolina Razorback
11-22-2010, 01:49 PM

I would love to see a beatdown by UGA opening game. I can hear the excuses already.

joehogjoe
11-22-2010, 01:56 PM
for some reason I thought this was about the SEC east? gotta start reading instead of glancing at thread titles.