Only one endzone to be used at Wrigley? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Only one endzone to be used at Wrigley?

Carolina Razorback
11-19-2010, 11:53 AM
I thought this was strange.

From ESPN:

The east end zone is just feet away from the right-field wall, and although there is padding, there still were concerns that players could be injured there.

*All offensive plays will head toward the west end zone, including all extra points and all overtime possessions.

* All kickoffs will be kicked toward the east end zone.

* After every change of possession, the ball will be repositioned for the offense to head toward the west end zone.

* As a result of a coin toss held by the conference office Friday morning, Illinois will occupy the west team bench in the first half and Northwestern will occupy the west team bench in the second half and for all overtime periods.

Deterp: You goin to the game?

WPS!

YR_Tiger
11-19-2010, 12:00 PM
That sounds like our back yard rules....LOL

ugabrad
11-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Well... it's the Big10. Sandlot football at its finest!

IllinoisDawg63
11-20-2010, 06:24 AM
I think this is so moronic....why do we have football fields?? to play in a damn baseball stadium? Who engineers these plans?? It's Illinois & N'western.....it's about like arena football anyway.

dnmuga93
11-20-2010, 10:03 AM
If I had east end zone tickets, I'd have filed a lawsuit yesterday with this announcement.

I spent how much on tickets for a unique, perhaps once in a lifetime experience and it's been taken from me ON PURPOSE!? If the game flow caused no action in my end of the field, then I can live with that, but not on purpose. And, since it's public knowledge, I can't sell my tickets for anywhere what I paid for them.

Jim Delaney needs to be fired. Now.