LaMichael James got one game for... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : LaMichael James got one game for...

GatorMan32
11-05-2010, 05:50 PM
grabbing a girl by the throat and Meyer gets blasted for a 5 game suspension for a player who sent a text message? I missed this earlier in the year but am shocked there was not more outrage for this. I only now saw it as a mention about him in the Heisman race.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Oregon running back LaMichael James, one of the top freshmen in the nation, was arrested on domestic violence charges after his girlfriend said he grabbed her neck during an argument and pushed her to the ground.

James, 20, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to misdemeanor charges of menacing, strangulation and assault. He remained in the Lane County Jail on $40,000 bail, according to a jail deputy. His attorney, Michael Buseman, did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4921403

GatorMan32
11-05-2010, 05:51 PM
By the way, before heck puppy blows a fuse, I am not excusing or whatever or making excuses for any decisions made at UF. Just shocked this gets no real attention when that is actual domestic violence, as he actually grabbed her by the throat.

ugabrad
11-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I suppose that is because it is a PAC10 team and most of us pay as little attention as possible to the WAC10.... there is no doubt that he should habe served a longer suspension. It seems to me that Oregon has had more than its fair share of disciplinary problems...

BluegrassBelle
11-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Well it's simple to understand. People don't have a chip on their shoulder and an axe to grind when it comes to Oregon.