Is Kelly gone at ND? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Is Kelly gone at ND?

AURex
10-30-2010, 10:41 PM
ND lost to Tulsa. With Utah and USC still to come, they are probably going to be 6-6 at best this year, more likely 5-7. Even Weiss, Willingham and Faust were able to squeeze out a winning record.

Will Kelly be the first 2 and done at Notre Dame?

Just Some Hog Dude
10-30-2010, 10:43 PM
This is Kelly's first season at ND. I have not heard of anybody being fired after one season.

georgiaguy31015
10-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Not a snowball's chance. They will at least give him time. They have to. If they fired him now who the hell would want to come to a school that didn't give the coach time?

dnmuga93
10-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Not a snowball's chance. They will at least give him time. They have to. If they fired him now who the hell would want to come to a school that didn't give the coach time?

If they do fire him, it will be because of this week's death of a student video assistant. No university can withstand that kind of PR hit.

As I understand it, he was fine with practicing outside and having the kid up in the scissors lift. I have to question his judgment.

georgiaguy31015
10-31-2010, 10:37 AM
If they do fire him, it will be because of this week's death of a student video assistant. No university can withstand that kind of PR hit.

As I understand it, he was fine with practicing outside and having the kid up in the scissors lift. I have to question his judgment.

I'm not sure they fire him for that because as I understand it that accident while tragic really wasn't anyone's fault. Unfortunately bad things happen sometimes and that was one of those times. However, for the sake of argument if you are going to fire him it would be better to fire him for that reason as opposed to firing him for losing to Tulsa.

AURex
10-31-2010, 11:58 AM
My bad. I thought he was there last season. I'm sure they won't fire him after one year. But this has not been an auspicious beginning for his coaching tenure at ND.

Storm
11-01-2010, 07:10 AM
I hope they fire him and he has to pay out the ass for negligence. He has no regard for human life and only cares about getting to a bowl game.

lbzdually
11-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Did kelly tell the kid to go up on the ladder, or was it somebody else? I'm thinking a coach would not be the one to tell someone to climb in a lift to film. I say kid but the guy was 20 or so, and should have known better than to climb up there. They would have to fire me because there is no way I would go 50 ft in the air in 40-60 mph winds in a scissor lift.

GOGATORS
11-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Did kelly tell the kid to go up on the ladder, or was it somebody else? I'm thinking a coach would not be the one to tell someone to climb in a lift to film. I say kid but the guy was 20 or so, and should have known better than to climb up there. They would have to fire me because there is no way I would go 50 ft in the air in 40-60 mph winds in a scissor lift.

It was implied when they decided to hold practice outdoors. He is essentially saying, "tape practice, if you don't you're fired and I'll find someone who will". Maybe the student needed the money and didn't want to lose his job.

lbzdually
11-05-2010, 10:15 AM
It was implied when they decided to hold practice outdoors. He is essentially saying, "tape practice, if you don't you're fired and I'll find someone who will". Maybe the student needed the money and didn't want to lose his job.

Like I said they'd have to fire me. I would rather work at Walmart stocking shelves for 8 bucks an hour rather than in a scissor lift 50 ft in the air in 40-60 mph winds for 20 bucks an hour.

georgiaguy31015
11-06-2010, 06:00 AM
ND's president took responsibility for the kid's death yesterday and apologized for it and said it was the university's fault. That may be bad news for Kelly.

Storm
11-06-2010, 06:18 AM
it also totally opened them up for a huge lawsuit.