Austin Rivers commits to Duke [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Austin Rivers commits to Duke

XPS
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Rivers= scoring machine...

UK'sRash
09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Had a chance to meet Doc Rivers. But my friend refused to go over there with me and take my picture. Then Doc stopped taking pictures and i missed my chance. I still haven't forgave my friend.

GatorMan32
09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
wish Austin well. he should do well there.

SkyAntoine
09-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I officially hate him now. I hope he gets his curls hung in the net during warm-ups.

joehogjoe
10-01-2010, 09:18 AM
Rivers= scoring machine...
Coach K will stop that.

weegeman
10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Boooooo!

Yank13
10-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Is it me, or did Duke just recruit over Seth Curry...I know that Duke is a guard oriented program, but, they are now loaded with guards. With Rivers coming in, how are you going to keep all those guys happy? Can somebody help me out with this?

SkyAntoine
10-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Is it me, or did Duke just recruit over Seth Curry...I know that Duke is a guard oriented program, but, they are now loaded with guards. With Rivers coming in, how are you going to keep all those guys happy? Can somebody help me out with this?
They also have Kyrie Irving.

Until last year, I had real concerns about getting multiple players at one position to compete over PT. For example, everyone said we "recruited over" Bledsoe when we picked up Wall. But, Bledsoe looked at that as an opportunity to practice against the best and to prove that he could play with anyone.

IMO, your competitive guys are not afraid of being recruited over.

Yank13
10-01-2010, 03:00 PM
They also have Kyrie Irving.

Until last year, I had real concerns about getting multiple players at one position to compete over PT. For example, everyone said we "recruited over" Bledsoe when we picked up Wall. But, Bledsoe looked at that as an opportunity to practice against the best and to prove that he could play with anyone.

IMO, your competitive guys are not afraid of being recruited over.

I didn't look at it in that light. However, Duke and Kentucky are two different systems and with two totally different coaches. I can see how competing against the best is a good thing. But remember, Coach K keeps a tight bench. Bledsoe got a chance to hit the floor a lot. I guess time will tell. I like Rivers, but you know, Curry is from my son's school. But you are right, stiff comp never hurt nobody. Thanks for shedding some light.

kentubbybasketball
10-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Rivers can play some point. The biggest comparison is to Tyreke Evans. Tyreke started out that first season at Memphis off the ball, but a few games in Cal moved him to the 1, and Cal often said he should've been fired or something for waiting so long to move Tyreke.

I think Curry is a 2 and strictly that, especially if you think about Rivers being on the same team. IT seems more logical to me to have Rivers at the 1 and Curry at the 2. They can play together is what I'm saying. Besides you want to have a stockpile of talent either way.

Yank13
10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Rivers can play some point. The biggest comparison is to Tyreke Evans. Tyreke started out that first season at Memphis off the ball, but a few games in Cal moved him to the 1, and Cal often said he should've been fired or something for waiting so long to move Tyreke.

I think Curry is a 2 and strictly that, especially if you think about Rivers being on the same team. IT seems more logical to me to have Rivers at the 1 and Curry at the 2. They can play together is what I'm saying. Besides you want to have a stockpile of talent either way.

Does this mean that Irving is a one and done?

kentubbybasketball
10-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I think that is the word on the street. This class has 3 just about surefire first round PGs for next year: Josh Selby, Brandon Knight, and Kyrie Irving. All have been ranked the #1 PG at some point in their careers and it's razor thin the differences in those players. They'll all leave after a year IMO and I think Cory Joseph is along that same line of player too.

Yank13
10-05-2010, 06:09 PM
That's what I am hearing about too. However, also received infrmation on the inside...Irving likes the Duke experience and may stay at least another year. Maybe that has to do with the number of PGs in that class.
Corey Joseph? Really? I haven't heard much about him. I believe he is a special talent, however, I don't think that he is consistent as the others. But, you can never tell.

kentubbybasketball
10-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Joseph is going to have the opportunity to shine in a Texas offense that has a decent amount of scoring options. Of that top 4, I'd say he's fourth, but a strong fourth.

XPS
11-18-2010, 01:03 AM
I would not be surprised if Rivers stayed at Duke 2 or 3 years. His Dad coaches Boston. Its not like he needs the money.

GatorMan32
11-18-2010, 11:19 AM
doubt needing money is why he will be one and done

joehogjoe
11-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Rivers is overrated.

XPS
11-18-2010, 04:24 PM
doubt needing money is why he will be one and done

I say Duke has a GREAT chance to win a championship while he is there..

XPS
11-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Rivers is overrated.

Disagree Joe. Rivers is the real deal...

joehogjoe
11-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Sorry but there are better players in this class. If I could choose between Rivers and Adonis Thomas, I'd tell Rivers to get his ass on the road.