Goodnight, UNC football! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight, UNC football!

SCfan804
09-30-2010, 12:08 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=cr-uncagents092910

We hardly knew ya....

fodive
09-30-2010, 12:12 AM
The only thing not to like is that there may be some backdraft onto us. But until that happens...

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: :rotf:

SCfan804
09-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Everyone who follows recruiting at all knew John Blake "Black Santa" was dirty as all hell. SoCal got hit pretty hard over Reggie-Gate and this is a LOT worse than that. Even the UNC fans on rivals, as arrogant & dismissive as they've been, are admitting they're f'ed. John Swofford has to be curled up in a corner bawling his eyes out right now.

Heck Pup
09-30-2010, 09:33 AM
Everyone who follows recruiting at all knew John Blake "Black Santa" was dirty as all hell. SoCal got hit pretty hard over Reggie-Gate and this is a LOT worse than that. Even the UNC fans on rivals, as arrogant & dismissive as they've been, are admitting they're f'ed. John Swofford has to be curled up in a corner bawling his eyes out right now.

That bad, huh? What kind of penalties are they expecting? Anything involving "The Big One"?

I used to work with a UNC fan, and I need to know how bad all this could turn out before I call him up and begin ragging him.

YR_Tiger
09-30-2010, 03:00 PM
WOW, this is much worse than the So Cal deal IMO

SkyAntoine
09-30-2010, 03:14 PM
WOW, this is much worse than the So Cal deal IMO
Yeah, but UNC won't throw their basketball team under the bus to try to draw attention away from their football team.

Heck Pup
10-11-2010, 10:48 AM
They are getting hammered. Marvin Austin dismissed. Other players ruled permanently ineligible. More to come.

Heck Pup
10-11-2010, 10:53 AM
UNCs Greg Little, Robert Quinn ruled permanently ineligible by NCAA. Little took $4,952, Quinn took $5,642 according to NCAA

SkyAntoine
10-11-2010, 11:25 AM
God just smiled.

Heck Pup
10-11-2010, 11:34 AM
UNC kicks Austin off team; 2 declared ineligible

(AP) 26 minutes ago

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. North Carolina has kicked star defensive tackle Marvin Austin off the football team and says the NCAA declared receiver Greg Little and defensive end Robert Quinn permanently ineligible.

The announcements Monday from the school and the NCAA came as part of the investigations into whether players received improper benefits from agents.

Athletic director Dick Baddour called it "a sad day" because the players "made serious mistakes in judgment in accepting extra benefits."

The NCAA says Little and Quinn each accepted roughly $5,000 worth of jewelry, travel accommodations and other benefits.

Austin had been suspended from the team since Sept. 1 for violating unidentified team rules.

None of the three has played in games this season due to the probe.

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ig3lfliqoTP6PJiQddH7iXmO6PjQD9IPIG3O0?docId= D9IPIG3O0

fodive
10-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Their three best players gone. Butch not far behind. To boot, they never actually achieved any of the tangible success that all this paid players went there for.

F'n love it :rotf:

SCfan804
10-11-2010, 07:18 PM
http://epiclol.com/albums/Lolz/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

HeyBulldog
10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
That bad, huh? What kind of penalties are they expecting? Anything involving "The Big One"?

I used to work with a UNC fan, and I need to know how bad all this could turn out before I call him up and begin ragging him.I seriously doubt we'll ever see a death penalty imposed in college football again.

SECgamecock453
10-12-2010, 09:32 AM
They still beat Clemson.

:rotf:

GR8NESS
10-12-2010, 09:58 AM
"The Carolina Way..."