Best call of the year? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Best call of the year?

Dollar Theater
09-19-2010, 12:13 AM
What an extraordinarily ballsy call by Mark Dantonio to go for the fake field goal against Notre Dame. I literally sat there stunned for several seconds after the score. Best call of the year so far, right?

CaribbeanTide
09-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Almost as ballsy as Chizik playing for OT. ;)

Djshockley3
09-19-2010, 12:45 AM
Epic as hell.

Storm
09-19-2010, 12:48 AM
I can't believe Kelly's stupid ass didn't sniff that out. MSU's field goal kicker is terrible. Everybody in the stadium should have known that was coming. seriously, almost a 50 yarder? Yeah right.

Still ballsy though......:rotf:

Wave&Dawgs
09-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Since he made it, great call. Had he missed it though the title of this thread would have been "dumbest call of the year?".

Urb Gruber
09-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I applaud any coach that gets aggressive and goes for win, ala Bill Belichick against the Colts LY. Too many coaches go conservative with the game on the line.

Storm
09-19-2010, 02:12 PM
call was so ballsy, Dantonio had a freaking heart attack after the game

EAST LANSING, Mich. – Michigan State coach Mark Dantonio was hospitalized Sunday after suffering a mild heart attack shortly after an overtime victory against Notre Dame.

The 54-year-old Dantonio was taken to Sparrow Hospital hours after the game and had surgery to put a stent in a blocked blood vessel leading to the heart, which allowed blood flow to be restored. The coach is expected to remain in the hospital for at least a few more days.

"Damage to the heart muscle was minimal. I think he's going to do very well," said Dr. Chris D'Haem, who performed the relatively common procedure. "Coach Dantonio is resting comfortably following his procedure and is expected to make a full recovery."

Heck Pup
09-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Bobo's call on 3rd and 4 yesterday has to be the call of the year. :sarcasm:

weegeman
09-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Easily the best call of the year. However, the previous touchdown scored by MSU was B.S. The guy was not forced out of bounds. He went out of bounds on his own and then came back in. The announcers didn't see it that way, but it was obvious to me.