Mike Leach joins CBS... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mike Leach joins CBS...

KennyPowersUGA
08-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Hopefully he won't lock anyone in a closet or something.

Take That ESPN (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hypazmFbOG0-FXUefsCb2sS0XTGAD9HKM8O01)

:witch:

Storm
08-16-2010, 04:32 PM
I can't believe he didn't join ESPN........LMAO

Just Some Hog Dude
08-16-2010, 04:34 PM
That's good. He will be amusing. He is really made for ESPN though. Too bad they got him fired.

lol

Bubba
08-16-2010, 04:41 PM
hes very amusing.

between Leach, Miles, and Nutt, college football would just be another sporting event. they make it the fun spectacle it is.

from fat girlfriends, affecting more than Louisiana it affects the ocean, and you can tell hes played in the Rose Bowl; those quotes will live with us forever.

TIDE_gainer
08-18-2010, 10:53 AM
This is awesome news. Can't wait to hear from him every week.

GR8NESS
08-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I hope he uses more of his Pirate lingo.

PowerT98
08-18-2010, 11:02 AM
When Les Miles gets fired and Leach is hired, and he again becomes the toast of the town with his offense rivaling Saban in Bama....let's all remember he is the guy that is a closet punisher.

Storm
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
spammer b1tch

Bayou Bengal 72
08-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Read that press pelease again. Leach isn't joining CBS Sports. He is going to be on CBS College Sports as an analyst with play-by-play announcer Roger Twibell for Mountain West, Conference USA and service academy games.

Just Some Hog Dude
08-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Holtz and Leach need to be on the same show.

Doyle Hargraves
08-22-2010, 01:26 AM
When Les Miles gets fired and Leach is hired, and he again becomes the toast of the town with his offense rivaling Saban in Bama....let's all remember he is the guy that is a closet punisher.

I never thought of it, but Leach and LSU would prolly be a very good fit. I mean, where else can an (alleged) Alchy-HC get a job and fit right in? Perfect match IMO! Exciting Offensive Style to get the fans packed into the stadium... And plenty of cash to hire a "big time" DC to take complete control of the Defense. :cheers:

I don't know if LSU is big on Pirates, etc... But perhaps Leach could delve into VooDoo or somethin? :D

AURex
08-23-2010, 10:21 PM
When Les Miles gets fired and Leach is hired....let's all remember he is the guy that is a closet punisher.

Louisiana + :pirate: + fetishes

:bow:

Bayou Bengal 72
08-25-2010, 01:40 AM
I don't know if LSU is big on Pirates, etc... But perhaps Leach could delve into VooDoo or somethin? :D

Let's see Louisiana and pirates.... haven't you ever heard of the pirate Jean Lafitte and the Battle of New Orleans.

Jean Lafitte was a privateer who sailed out of Barataria Bay all over the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. He and his men provide cannons from their ships and fought alongside General Andy Jackson to defeat the British on January 8, 1815.

There have been two movies called The Buccaneer made about it, one by Cecile B. De Mille in 1938 and a second in 1958 by Anthony Quinn which stars Yul Brynner as Lafitte and Charlton Heston as Jackson. I've seen the 1958 movie several times and try to watch it whenever it's on Turner Classic Movies.

Doyle Hargraves
08-30-2010, 04:36 AM
Let's see Louisiana and pirates.... haven't you ever heard of the pirate Jean Lafitte and the Battle of New Orleans.

Jean Lafitte was a privateer who sailed out of Barataria Bay all over the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. He and his men provide cannons from their ships and fought alongside General Andy Jackson to defeat the British on January 8, 1815.

There have been two movies called The Buccaneer made about it, one by Cecile B. De Mille in 1938 and a second in 1958 by Anthony Quinn which stars Yul Brynner as Lafitte and Charlton Heston as Jackson. I've seen the 1958 movie several times and try to watch it whenever it's on Turner Classic Movies.

I'll try and make a note of the two movies, As I'm very impressed by the display of your historical knowledge... Very impressed. ;)
It makes me wonder how old you are (if'n you don't mind me asking)? Your knowledge of your own state/background is evidence that you are very proud of where you are from. I have a great deal of respect for that.

Oh, and ps... Thanks for the history lesson! :cheers:

Bayou Bengal 72
09-03-2010, 12:30 AM
It makes me wonder how old you are (if'n you don't mind me asking)? Your knowledge of your own state/background is evidence that you are very proud of where you are from. I have a great deal of respect for that.

Oh, and ps... Thanks for the history lesson! :cheers:

I'm older than most college head coaches except Jo Pa. I saw John F. Kennedy in New Orleans in 1962. I saw the Beatles in concert in 1964 and Jimi Hendrix in 1968.

The state made all 8th graders take Louisiana History when I was at St. Gabriel 's school in New Orleans which is the basis for my vast knowledge. But I still fact check on Wikipedia!

And I've had LSU season tickets since 1977.

http://www.stphilipneri.org/files/cultcha/beatlesticket.jpg