Fight On SC, literally [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Fight On SC, literally

GatorMan32
08-06-2010, 12:00 PM
It looks like we have an official addition to the life certainties of death and taxes: a Lane Kiffin-coached football team will never, ever -- ever -- be boring.

The latest proof of the newest addition to that Benjamin Franklin quip comes courtesy of USC fullback Stanley Havili, who apparently took issue with one of his teammates late last week during a conditioning workout.

According to multiple reports, cornerback T.J. Bryant underwent surgery Thursday to repair a broken left cheekbone. The source of the broken face? One of Havili's fists, during a conditioning workout that apparently included a heated and intense drill.

(LeCharles Bentley could not be reached for comment on this particular aspect of the game of college football.)

Kiffin said earlier today that Bryant will be out of action for at least three weeks and possibly as many as four as he recovers from the injuries suffered during what looks to be a one-sided scuffle.

Kiffin, the Associated Press wrote, wasn't happy to learn about the incident, but has not yet decided if he will punish Havili.

"It's something we're not excited about right now, but we're looking into it," the USC coach said.

For his part, Havili feels bad about the teammate-on-teammate violence.

"I feel terrible about it, horrible about it," Havili said. "Emotions were high. When emotions are high, intelligence is down. It was an intense workout, and I let it get the best of me. ... We shouldn't have gone that far."

Havili added that he and Bryant have spoken since the "incident" and are "on good terms", and will address this "issue" together with the media later in camp.

Until then, USC will continue to "Fight On!". Literally, it seems.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/05/kiffins-trojans-take-fight-on-mantra-literally/

Herchel
08-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Wild Boyz!

orange&white
08-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Part of football practice everywhere. Just hope no one gets hurt when these fights happen.

GatorMan32
08-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Fights are, the breaking of faces aren't LOL

Herchel
08-06-2010, 03:07 PM

Fights usally occur between O7D linemen and LBs duting a scrimmage or drills, like Oklahoma. I have never heard of a fight breaking out during a conditioning session.

orange&white
08-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Fights usally occur between O7D linemen and LBs duting a scrimmage or drills, like Oklahoma. I have never heard of a fight breaking out during a conditioning session.

I've seen/heard bout em happening pretty much everywhere both on and off field. Teammates fight. It happens.

BamaHoHo
08-07-2010, 06:39 AM
http://www.secfanatics.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71510

BigBamaFan
08-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I agree ...............Wild Boyz rule

BigBamaFan
08-07-2010, 01:30 PM
I've seen/heard bout em happening pretty much everywhere both on and off field. Teammates fight. It happens.
LOL Tennessee will be Tennessee ............................

I kid I kid :)

YR_Tiger
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM

Ditto. Fights in pads or at least helmets are not an issue. When you have fights in the gym you have a team on edge. I bet the tension is high around SC these days.

HunkerDown
08-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Tell that to Stephen Davis.

Bama_Man
08-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Not surprising, fights happen constantly.

Its terrible his jaw got broke, and that is pretty hardcore, but I do not think its an issue.

Its usually during the what we used to call Oklahoma drills when the fights break out. You got one OL fighting for a job against one DL fighting for a job in 100* heat, it boils the emotions and fights happen a lot. In HS, our HC said before the season starts that if he does not see 5 fights before the season starts he knows the team will not be ready to play. I've been in a fight during football practice, its nothing like a street fight or a regular fight. Its pretty hard to do damage against a guy in a helmet, but damned if we didnt find a way. I ended up with a busted lip and he lost three teeth! lol

sorry for the rambling, but fights happen.