Haden In... Garrett Out at USoCal [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Haden In... Garrett Out at USoCal

Bayou Bengal 72
07-20-2010, 03:36 PM
The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Southern Cal AD Mike Garrett will be replaced by former Trojan QB Pat Haden. Haden will take over on Aug 3rd.

They also have a link to the nine page memo from the USC President addressed to "Members of the USC Trojan Family" (http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc-garrett-haden-20100721,0,764592.column) in which he announces Pat Haden's appointment and several other appointments and hirings brought on by the NCAA violations.

from the L.A. Times "The 57-year-old current partner in the private investment firm of Riordan, Lewis & Haden is a former star quarterback at USC, where he was twice academic All-American. He was USC's starting quarterback in the John McKay years of 1972-74.

Haden was also a magna *** laude and phi beta kappa graduate, as well as a Rhodes Scholar. He spent parts of 1975-78 -- while a quarterback for the Los Angeles Rams of the NFL -- as a student at Oxford. He started at quarterback for the Rams much of the 1976-81 seasons.

Haden also has been a member of the USC board of trustees for 19 years and the head of that board's academic affairs committee."

NOTE: I am not responsible for the astericks in magna c-u-m laude because the nanny software on this board can't distinguish from the three letter greek word and the english word spelled the same way which is a euphemism for male ejaculate.

Jimmy Reb
07-20-2010, 03:43 PM
I just heart that too Bayou B. I'm happy with the move, Pat is a good man for the job, I think. In spite of the mess of the last few months, I thank Mike for the job he did at SC. Being an AD at any major school nowdays is a real headache.

Bayou Bengal 72
07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
ESPN reports that (and I finally read the complete memo which announces this) the new USC President has ordered the removal of all murals and jersies honoring O.J. Mayo and Reggie Bush from all university facilities by mid-August. And

he has ordered that USC return the university's copy of the Heisman Trophy that was awarded to Reggie Bush.

georgiaguy31015
07-20-2010, 06:52 PM
I didn't figure it would take long to get Garrett out and I'm glad to see it. The guy is a smug jerk from what I know so I'm thrilled lol.

Jimmy Reb
07-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I have no problem with the new presidents order. Clean house.:clap:

socalwildcat
07-22-2010, 11:17 PM
I didn't figure it would take long to get Garrett out and I'm glad to see it. The guy is a smug jerk from what I know so I'm thrilled lol.

I agree. I was waiting for this shoe to drop...and glad to see it. Garrett's appointment as AD was controversial from the outset after McGee left for the other USC. Haden will do things right. He is a Rhodes Scholar and upstanding citizen. He is taking a big pay cut for this job....giving up the NBC Notre Dame broadcasting gig.