Would you be in a favor of banning vuvuzelas at World Cup matches [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Would you be in a favor of banning vuvuzelas at World Cup matches

Adidasfootball
06-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Vuvuzelas are the horns that make the loud buzzing sound heard in the coverage of the World Cup.

Apart from being annoying to many people watching on TV, players have complained they can't hear each other talk on the pitch, and the use of the things outside the stadiums at all hours is giving them sleepless nights. They also drown out the singing and other forms of musical expression that give World Cups some of their atmostphere.

On the other hand, they are a big part of South African soccer culture.

It seems there is a possibility that they might, after all, be banned from stadiums.

Would you be in favor of such a ban, or is it interfering too much in the way South African fans normally behave?

Just Some Hog Dude
06-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Yeah but it is not going to happen.

REBEL5 AC
06-26-2010, 12:19 PM
These bots are getting to be pretty good.

Anyways, I hope the vuvuzela is brought to America and played at our stadiums. :)

Storm
06-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I don't even notice them anymore

Bubba
06-26-2010, 01:56 PM
i have one.

Doyle Hargraves
06-27-2010, 02:32 AM
1. These bots are getting to be pretty good.

2. Anyways, I hope the vuvuzela is brought to America and played at our stadiums. :)

1. Yes they are!

2. The vuvuzela sounds very much like something that would be described as something in the nether regions of a female? :think:
(That makes me all for it! :D)

:cheers:

Doyle Hargraves
06-27-2010, 02:36 AM
i have one.

I'm not a bit surprised! :raz:

:cheers:

GoAU
06-27-2010, 09:01 AM
I finally watched part of a match and unfortunately we lost in OT, so my soccer watching days were short. However, that annoying noise in the background would have limited my ability to watch much more. It was like a pissed off bees nest the whole time. I was expecting to hear chants and things like a rugby match, and maybe even catch some hooligan action - I was very disappointed, both with the match results and the crowd activity.

BTW - now I remember why I cant stand to watch soccer - the fake injuries are really annoying.

OffThePorch
06-27-2010, 09:14 AM
I finally watched part of a match and unfortunately we lost in OT, so my soccer watching days were short. However, that annoying noise in the background would have limited my ability to watch much more. It was like a pissed off bees nest the whole time. I was expecting to hear chants and things like a rugby match, and maybe even catch some hooligan action - I was very disappointed, both with the match results and the crowd activity.

BTW - now I remember why I cant stand to watch soccer - the fake injuries are really annoying.

i watched with the sound down & some music on.

yes they are...

DBS
06-27-2010, 10:46 AM
all artificial noise makers are gay, just like spam bots.

joehogjoe
06-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Vuvuzelas are the horns that make the loud buzzing sound heard in the coverage of the World Cup.

Apart from being annoying to many people watching on TV, players have complained they can't hear each other talk on the pitch, and the use of the things outside the stadiums at all hours is giving them sleepless nights. They also drown out the singing and other forms of musical expression that give World Cups some of their atmostphere.

On the other hand, they are a big part of South African soccer culture.

It seems there is a possibility that they might, after all, be banned from stadiums.

Would you be in favor of such a ban, or is it interfering too much in the way South African fans normally behave?

it's soccer, really who cares, better for the US to lose now so this insanity that the world cup matters can die. world cup=special olympics

Adidasfootball
07-01-2010, 06:39 AM
i watched with the sound down & some music on.

yes they are...

Even i watch in the mute mode. . but i wonder how people living near by handle this. . .

Storm
07-01-2010, 07:58 AM
it's soccer, really who cares, better for the US to lose now so this insanity that the world cup matters can die. world cup=special olympics

:facepalm:

socalwildcat
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Ban them! A moron authorized a vuvuzela give away at a recent MLB game and came under fire by irate fans. These horns serve no purpose whatsoever. A woman at the World Cup ruptured her throat blowing on one. Senseless.

HunkerDown
07-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes they are gay.

AURex
07-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I think opposing teams should issue their fans vuvuzelas before every Miss State game.

But then collect them on the way out. Letting those things loose in society would increase the murder rate ten fold.

Adidasfootball
07-05-2010, 06:17 AM
I heard that. . . .Vuvuzelas makers have now redesigned the horn in a bid to prevent FIFA from banning it in stadiums after many complaints from fans and broadcasters saying the level of noise from the South African traditional instrument is ruining the World Cup. Hope this sound is only for cheering up , not to trouble people.