KC TV Station: UT/A&M To Big 10, Oklahoma to SEC [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : KC TV Station: UT/A&M To Big 10, Oklahoma to SEC

Dollar Theater
06-10-2010, 03:57 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.

Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.
http://www.kctv5.com/sports/23860558/detail.html

Storm
06-10-2010, 04:01 PM
it's getting crazy up in herrrrrrrrrrrr

Dollar Theater
06-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Who would Oklahoma get to come with them? Baylor? Okie State apparently already has one foot in the door with the Pac 10/11/15/16.

DBS
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I say you need a crappy team for every good team.

sure bring on OU and baylor, or OU and A&M.

:rotf:

CentralMSDawg
06-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Either Kansas, Texas Tech, or North Texas. It's getting so confusing that anyone could end up anywhere. Storm is right, this thing is getting nuts.

joehogjoe
06-10-2010, 04:14 PM
until the dust settles it will be hard to believe anything at this point, except USC will not be national champs in 11 or 12.

YR_Tiger
06-10-2010, 04:23 PM
wow did not see that one coming.

boxvic
06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Kansas maybe? I mean they offer a lot to the basketball side of things (where they can rake in NCAA tourney money) and they are about on the same football level as us and Vandy.

I mean realistically you can't just ignore the buckets of cash that a team that goes far in the NCAA tournament can bring in. So if you can bring in a school that makes a decent amount of football money and a ton of basketball money, you have to take it seriously.

CaribbeanTide
06-10-2010, 04:39 PM
until the dust settles it will be hard to believe anything at this point, except USC will not be national champs in 11 or 12.Indeed. Sitting here at home, sick and laid up in bed with ESPN on and the laptop humming I've seen about 20 different rumors already today. We'll probably know where things stand better by this time tomorrow. The Big Ten and Pac 10 have the most to win/lose here. The SEC (athletically/financially) only has to make more incremental additions to remain in a top position. The Pac 10 looked like it was going to swoop in and steal the Big Ten's thunder, but who knows. They could end up being the big loser by this time tomorrow.

IllinoisDawg63
06-10-2010, 06:20 PM
until the dust settles it will be hard to believe anything at this point, except USC will not be national champs in 11 or 12.joe-tried to give rep but unable. Will try again if I remember.

WouldE
06-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't want Texas - the Big Ten is midwest football. Although $$$ wise I'm sure the Big Ten would love them.

georgiaguy31015
06-10-2010, 07:52 PM
I guess anything is possible but I don't see this happening. I may be being too niave here but I believe the original story from yesterday is right or at least as close to right as you can get. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

REBEL5 AC
06-10-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm taking Joe Castiglione's (Oklahoma's AD) word over some clowns in Kansas City, Misery. If he says Oklahoma will be going where Texas goes, I'll take his word for it.

georgiaguy31015
06-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm taking Joe Castiglione's (Oklahoma's AD) word over some clowns in Kansas City, Misery. If he says Oklahoma will be going where Texas goes, I'll take his word for it.

Hey TF, since you are a Texas and Big 12 guy. What are you hearing is going to happen? It seems at least to me being on the outside looking in that nobody knows a dang thing about anything except Colorado is going to the PAC-10. Is Texas also going to the PAC 10 or what is going on?

REBEL5 AC
06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey TF, since you are a Texas and Big 12 guy. What are you hearing is going to happen? It seems at least to me being on the outside looking in that nobody knows a dang thing about anything except Colorado is going to the PAC-10. Is Texas also going to the PAC 10 or what is going on?

I have no idea what's going to happen. The only things I've really heard about Texas was this and Chip Brown saying on ESPN that this "Big 12 six" was a virtual lock for the Pac-10. Who the hell knows.

I WANT Texas, OU, A&M, OSU and Tech to join Colorado in the Pac-10. I think that is the only way to keep those 5 teams together.

SECgamecock453
06-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Quote from another board I go to:

" This from SS- I just got off the phone with Josh Heupel and he said that he has no idea why Channel Five ran with that story. He said he has no idea where OU is going to wind up. He told people at the Independence Bowl function that OU could be in the Big 12, the Pac 10 or the SEC. But he confirmed that he did not get a text confirming that OU was headed to the SEC. He said he has no idea how that was confused on the other end. "

REBEL5 AC
06-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Who the hell knows. Can't take anyone at their word anymore, I suppose. Not the reporters, coaches, administration, etc..

SECgamecock453
06-10-2010, 11:33 PM
We'll just have to wait and see.

REBEL5 AC
06-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Sure seems to me that these are a bunch of overzealous reporters trying to get ahead of the story.

Cuz
06-11-2010, 12:41 AM
Just keep Boise State out of the mix. That blue field makes me nauseous.

boxvic
06-11-2010, 02:38 AM

I'm hoping, that if everything works the way it looks like it will, that teams like Kansas/Louisville/Cincinnati/etc form a new basketball heavy conference and they invite teams like Boise and Utah in to strengthen their football side.

Dr.SwineSmeller
06-11-2010, 02:45 AM

I agree there, Cuz. And I mean it literally makes me nauseaus. I can't watch a game played on the blue field. I tried, but I can't. :barf:

Dr. SwineSmeller

Dr.SwineSmeller
06-11-2010, 02:47 AM
I'm hoping, that if everything works the way it looks like it will, that teams like Kansas/Louisville/Cincinnati/etc form a new basketball heavy conference and they invite teams like Boise and Utah in to strengthen their football side.

I've heard that Boise State is going to go to the Mountain West Conference. Credible sources say it's all but a done dealio... :bw:

SS