Have you seen where the new Pac 10 will ask for 2 champs... [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen where the new Pac 10 will ask for 2 champs...

zud the hut
06-09-2010, 10:11 PM
No conference championship game. Just 2 divisional winners and both get BCS invites.

These guys have a BIG set...

CaribbeanTide
06-09-2010, 10:16 PM
With a strong 16 team conference they'd likely get 2 BCS bids even with a championship game (just one would be unofficial - much like SEC has received of late.)

2008 National Champions
06-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I cant believe USC is supporting all of this expansion talk. They seem to be in line to lose out the most.

But matchups lie USC - Texas and USC - Oklahoma are very enticing.

georgiaguy31015
06-09-2010, 10:19 PM
That's ridiculous to say the least and I hope that doesn't happen. No reason for them to take a spot away from some team that actually may deserve it.

REBEL5 AC
06-09-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm starting to like the Pac-10 people. lol

GR8NESS
06-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I cant believe USC is supporting all of this expansion talk. They seem to be in line to lose out the most.

But matchups lie USC - Texas and USC - Oklahoma are very enticing.

The Pac 10 probably knows USC's about to fall, lol.

For everyone b!tching...I ask you...where are the bids gonna go?

REBEL5 AC
06-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm expecting it to be 2 bids for the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10. Don't see how it could be any other way.

georgiaguy31015
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm expecting it to be 2 bids for the Pac-10, SEC and Big 10. Don't see how it could be any other way.

That's not a bad idea.

REBEL5 AC
06-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Honestly though, who would these bids go to? A raided ACC? The Mountain West? LOL

Heck Pup
06-09-2010, 10:51 PM

That they do... This reeks... Expansion is messing up everything. I wonder what new, screwed up system we will have to endure to determine a national champion now? The BCS is going to be "tweaked" somewhat, I assume?

georgiaguy31015
06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
That they do... This reeks... Expansion is messing up everything. I wonder what new, screwed up system we will have to endure to determine a national champion now? The BCS is going to be "tweaked" somewhat, I assume?

I would assume that too considering there's a contract in place but you never know.

BigBamaFan
06-09-2010, 11:00 PM
No conference championship game. Just 2 divisional winners and both get BCS invites.

wont happen pac 10 still only gets 1 vote

Wave&Dawgs
06-09-2010, 11:55 PM
That's ridiculous to say the least and I hope that doesn't happen. No reason for them to take a spot away from some team that actually may deserve it.

But there wouldn't be a Big 12 anymore, so it really wouldn't change anything if the Pac 10 got 2 bids. There would still be 6 auto bids.

Doyle Hargraves
06-10-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm starting to like the Pac-10 people. lol

And you wonder why I call you/your team out as being complete p*ssies? :think:

They are scared to death of any decent competition... :facepalm:

Honestly, you shouldn't be laughing... Fans of Texass should really be embarrassed! It's one thing to get beat on the field of play by a competitive University. However, It's a completely different matter to take off with one's tail tucked for fear of having to play more than one or two really good teams a year! Texass just tucked tail and run as fast as they could. And it appears that they made sure not to be seriously challenged in their newest conference either. :think:

Those F**KERS make me sick! What a big big bunch of pu$$ies IMHO!
:shake:

BergeLSU
06-10-2010, 01:30 AM
The key word here is they would get 2 AUTOMATIC bids. Yes, normally they would get 2 bids, like the SEC has been lately.

Doyle Hargraves
06-10-2010, 03:41 AM
The key word here is they would get 2 AUTOMATIC bids. Yes, normally they would get 2 bids, like the SEC has been lately.

Just,,,

WHY? :mad:

F*****G P*****S!

Herchel
06-10-2010, 04:09 AM
The real laugher is that Beebe voted with the Big 10 against a 4 team playoff, then they stabbed him in the back. There would have been another $900 M to split with a 4 team playoff, and none of this would have happened.

georgiaguy31015
06-10-2010, 06:30 AM
The real laugher is that Beebe voted with the Big 10 against a 4 team playoff, then they stabbed him in the back. There would have been another $900 M to split with a 4 team playoff, and none of this would have happened.

Yep that's funny and I read an article posted on here that made it sound like at least to me that Delaney set up the Big 12 knowing he was going to get some of their teams or at least one of their team. I don't know if I believe that part but he screwed the Big 12 hard and they didn't even get flowers or taken out to dinner first or a cigarette later.

Cuz
06-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Looks like the Big 12 cigarette comes with a blindfold.

REBEL5 AC
06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
And you wonder why I call you/your team out as being complete p*ssies? :think:

They are scared to death of any decent competition... :facepalm:

Honestly, you shouldn't be laughing... Fans of Texass should really be embarrassed! It's one thing to get beat on the field of play by a competitive University. However, It's a completely different matter to take off with one's tail tucked for fear of having to play more than one or two really good teams a year! Texass just tucked tail and run as fast as they could. And it appears that they made sure not to be seriously challenged in their newest conference either. :think:

Those F**KERS make me sick! What a big big bunch of pu$$ies IMHO!
:shake:

I don't even know where to begin with this. I'll try to decipher some of this gibberish.

First of all, If I understand this correctly:

I, myself, am a ***** because Texas feels the best fit for the PROGRAM is the Pac-10, which is something I have no control over. I have said repeatedly on this site that I would have no problem with Texas being in the SEC.

Second, I'm not sure if you realize this or not, but there are other sports played throughout the NCAA that aren't football. Maybe in SEC-land where football is all that matters and no one pays attention to anything else, but there are some people that support the other sports in the program and not just the football team. I would figured an Arkansas fan would know this better than most, considering what the basketball program was and the dominance in track and field. As a matter of fact, If I remember correctly, it is the Pac-10 has the most national championships combined than any other conference. So, as far as that goes, I don't see where Texas is scared of competition.

In football, the Pac-10 could potentially have:

Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
USC
California
Stanford (hell, they have more national championships (individual and team combined) than any school in the NCAA)
California
UCLA
Oregon
Oregon State
Colorado (already have signed on)
Arizona State
Arizona
Washington
Washington State

Other than Washington State, that looks like a pretty decent conference for football.

rolling baby
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
lol, might be a long time before the Pac Whatever have an NC champion, unless they pull a LSU 2007.

I feel bad for Utah. That's a school that's done stuff on the big stage and doesn't even get one sniff from the Pac 10.

CentralMSDawg
06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
If an expanded Pac-10 gets two auto bids to the BCS then the SEC has to immediately petition for the same. This could require the SEC to expand regardless if they really want to or not.

As for teams like Utah. If the Big East disappears in football look for a new BCS conference to try and form from what's left of the Big 12, some MWC schools, and Boise. Of course if other conferences start getting two bids there may not be much room for a new player.

Really Big Bama Fan
06-12-2010, 07:01 AM
If an expanded Pac-10 gets two auto bids to the BCS then the SEC has to immediately petition for the same. This could require the SEC to expand regardless if they really want to or not.

As for teams like Utah. If the Big East disappears in football look for a new BCS conference to try and form from what's left of the Big 12, some MWC schools, and Boise. Of course if other conferences start getting two bids there may not be much room for a new player.

The SEC gets two bids now--one for the Sugar Bowl and one for the BCS Championship.

ugabrad
06-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Based upon the idea of the Big12 disappearing, I believe that the BCS setup should be automatic bids to the Big East, ACC, Big 10, SEC, Pac 10 and Mountain West (or whatever conference combines Boise St, Utah, BYU and the remainders of the Big12) with still two at large bids.

No conference should get two automatic bids. Period.