So, what happens to Kansas in all of this? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : So, what happens to Kansas in all of this?

GR8NESS
06-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Lost in discussion IMO is Kansas. They aren't being courted by the Big 11 or the Pac 10....despite being one of the three greatest college basketball programs in the land, and having been to a BCS Bowl just two years ago.

Where do they end up? The Mountain West?Sun Belt?Missouri Valley? Now that's a long, hard fall from the Big XII....

Other potential BIG losers in all of this include:
Cincinnati
Louisville
Kansas State
Baylor (If they even care, LOL)
Connecticut

boxvic
06-09-2010, 01:58 AM
Well, I guess if the Big12 and Big East basically collapse then it is possible those left out (which are better basketball schools than football) could create a new CUSA type of conference. Good basketball and marginal football.

GR8NESS
06-09-2010, 02:00 AM
Well, I guess if the Big12 and Big East basically collapse then it is possible those left out (which are better basketball schools than football) could create a new CUSA type of conference. Good basketball and marginal football.

Gotta figure Memphis would jump to that league too, if they had the chance.

There's a rumor that the basketball/non-football schools (Marquette, Villanova, etc.) from the Big East would form a non-football conference..which I presume ND would join as well (fuggers)

PiggoBitttys
06-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Don't forget the mighty Iowa State Cyclones!

REBEL5 AC
06-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Baylor was once a good football program. No lie.

They're pretty good in basketball too. I'd love for them to come along with Texas.

As for Kansas, that BCS bowl game was the product of a horrendous schedule and them not playing either Texas or Oklahoma.

GR8NESS
06-09-2010, 02:32 AM
They were once a good football program. Once upon a time. The last time they were relevant, I can't remember.

As for basketball..Kansas all/air.

zud the hut
06-09-2010, 02:41 AM
I dunno what's going to happen on Friday but it appears that KU, KSU, ISU and Baylor are screwed!

Perhaps the SEC will recruit them? Sure would make our schedule easier for the west!

georgiaguy31015
06-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Kansas appears to be collateral if I spelled that right and that's a shame for a basketball program like theirs but this ain't about basketball this is about football and unfortunately it's going to hurt those basketball schools like the ones you mentioned. I'm not sure what happens to them unless they form their own conference somehow but I don't see any of them being asked to join bigger conferences like the SEC for instance.

Coal_UGA
06-09-2010, 08:32 AM
The Mountian West is licking it chops and just waiting for the Big XII to collapse. They will offer Kansas and Colorado the minute that happens. This is why they backed off of Boise State because they would prefer to at Kansas and Colorado.

IllinoisDawg63
06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
I would bet Bill Self will bolt if Kansas has to succumb to falling to MWC, C-USA, Sun Belt etc. Winning the national title '08-I just can't see them not being invited by someone. Bill Self isn't going to settle for coaching in the Big 10 and Big 12 then fall to MWC etc.

boxvic
06-09-2010, 12:43 PM
But in basketball the MWC isn't that far behind the Big 12. You add Kansas and one other Big-12 school and the MWC can literally lay claim to being a high major or power conference.

joehogjoe
06-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Kansas in basketball will still be Kansas if the conference alliance changes.

Just Some Hog Dude
06-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Kansas, KSU, ISU seem to be simply screwed. It is really a shame for the two Kansas schools which have fielded nice teams over the years in multiple sports.