Death Penalty for Oklahoma? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Death Penalty for Oklahoma?

UK'sRash
05-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Interesting to say the least. No official word on anything. Just some Gregg Doyel writings.

Link (http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/13437930/death-penalty-for-oklahoma-hoops-thats-the-hypothesis-here?tag=pageRow;pageContainer)

Herchel
05-27-2010, 04:10 PM
The NCAA is a joke. Here is the problem, as I see it. To my knowledge they have lost every lawsuit filed against them. Heck, Half Ass U even won. SoCal might get a Bama like penalty, and probably OU will get the same.

rolling baby
05-27-2010, 05:04 PM
NCAA punished Bama twice (the big ones over the last 20 years) and even admitted they were in the wrong in certain aspects in both cases (Langham and Means). That's why you have these schools giving the ncaa the run around and denying everything. The ncaa doesn't really have the muscle to to be omniscient.

OffThePorch
05-27-2010, 05:09 PM
i think this is where Osby is transferring to....

georgiaguy31015
05-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Even if all of this is true and can be proven I don't think OU gets the death penalty. I don't think you will ever see the death penalty handed out again to a school like it was to SMU. I think the NCAA is afraid to do that since SMU went to hell in a handbasket after that and still ain't really back up to par. OU might get a pretty stiff punishment but it will probably be nothing like they deserve if all of the allegations in the article are right.

UK'sRash
05-28-2010, 09:32 PM
I agree with GG. the NCAA is scared of giving the death penalty to some one. Oklahoma is a decent sized program, and since they didn't give it to Baylor a couple years ago i don't see them giving it to oklahoma now.