Billy Gillispie new coach at Iowa State? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Billy Gillispie new coach at Iowa State?

socalwildcat
04-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Billy to move like a cyclone!

With the soon to be vacant coaching seat at Iowa State University (it’s looking like McDermott is headed to Creighton,) Gary Parrish believes that former UK Head Coach Gillispie could find a home as a Cyclone. Given Gillispie’s Big 12 ties, it certainly could happen… but many believe that after dealing with Eustachy, ISU would be hesitant to hire someone with similar vices. Frankly, I think both the school and Gillispie could view a successful hire as a redemption, so it makes a little sense to me.

Either way, it’s now clear that Billy Clyde’s name will be connected to every mid level basketball opening until he lands somewhere. And who knows, with the rate Louisville’s program is declining, maybe they could hire another former Kentucky coach in a year or two.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=50406

boxvic
04-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm pretty sure ISU already hired someone else.

kentubbybasketball
04-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Yeah, they hired Fred Hoiberg, who recently finished an NBA career. He was pretty good with the T-Wolves and I wanna say he actually played at ISU?