Butler is playing for the National Title!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Butler is playing for the National Title!!!

GatorMan32
04-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Boring Final 4 my ***. This is AWESOME second only to the Florida title runs!

Bubba
04-03-2010, 08:37 PM
i like it.

Cuz
04-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Before I respond, I need to know the position of the Kentucky Overlords.

:bow:http://www.secfanatics.com/kentucky-wildcats-basketball-pictures/Ashley-Judd-Kentucky-basketball.jpg

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Has a mid major ever appeared in a Final Four? I don't recall this happenning before.

Bubba
ill go out on a limb and say the UK overlords are an "anyone but Duke" in the Final.

and id bet they want WVU to win it all...

BluegrassBelle
I'm so so so ****ing excited I just wish I was there with my family to watch if Butler wins then i will have a family member who won a NC I will just pass out I was nearly passed out watching this game I am so so so so happy this is just like so exciting I never thought this would happen I never thought I would be cheering on Butler and Wva for a NC and the heartbreak of my Cats being out usually ends any fun during march madness but this is turning out to be such a good MM.

Wave&Dawgs
04-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Has a mid major ever appeared in a Final Four? I don't recall this happenning before.

George Mason, Memphis, UNLV, and Houston come to mind.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 08:48 PM
George Mason, Memphis, UNLV, and Houston come to mind.

I wasn't. I really don't pay much attention to it unless the Hogs are in the mix.

jh4uk
04-03-2010, 08:49 PM
ill go out on a limb and say the UK overlords are an "anyone but Duke" in the Final.

and id bet they want WVU to win it all...

you would be correct. except i would rather see butler win it then wvu. butler star shelvin mack is from lexington.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Funny that Izzo says the physical play bothered them. Seems like it is normally MSU that is the physical team.

Wave&Dawgs
I wasn't. I really don't pay much attention to it unless the Hogs are in the mix.

Ah ok. Yeah, those are the ones I can think of but I'm sure there have been others. George Mason was the most surprise mid major team to do it because the others were all power teams from mid-major conferences.

Cuz
you would be correct. except i would rather see butler win it then wvu. butler star shelvin mack is from lexington.

Apparently I am a Butler fan. Time for the gratuitious Ashley Judd pic.

http://www.secfanatics.com/kentucky-wildcats-basketball-pictures/Ashley-Judd-Kentucky-basketball.jpg

OffThePorch
04-03-2010, 08:54 PM
thought the Butler game was very good...

i hope Duke falls tonight or Monday night.

jh4uk
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Apparently I am a Butler fan. Time for the gratuitious Ashley Judd pic.

http://www.secfanatics.com/kentucky-wildcats-basketball-pictures/Ashley-Judd-Kentucky-basketball.jpg

:rotf: keep 'em coming brother. you can never have enough ashley!!! :bow:

deterp
04-03-2010, 09:11 PM
i hope Duke falls tonight or Monday night.

"Must spread rep".

OTP, :kiss: for that!

A. B. D.!

Gaw, I'm gonna owe Cherilee big time. But it's worth every bit. I just hope she can make it to work on Monday. :D Maybe Indy will just close down and she'll have a chance to recover from this before. Monday night

OffThePorch
04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
is Duke racist?? seems like a lot of white boys... lmao...

DBS
04-03-2010, 09:14 PM
she scratching her crotch?

GatorMan32
04-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I think the biggest surprise is that Gonzaga can't make a Final 4 with their talent and coaching and longevity of success.

Butler is legit and returns so much next year. Pretty interesting situation for a mid major program stepping up big. Nothing fluke about this. They are taking down major programs playing their own game, like being too physical for MSU.

deterp
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
is Duke racist?? seems like a lot of white boys... lmao...

You missed Floppier and Jayson (Don't call me Jay!) Williams and Trajahn and all them? What rock were you hiding under?

Rat doesn't care if you're purple as long as you have "MickeyD" in your profile.

onlyfrbama
04-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Butler making it to the final game should bring even more buzz to an already good/great final four IMO. I feel good for Avery Jukes who is an Ex-Alabama player on the Butler roster.

georgiaguy31015
04-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Simply amazing. I can't believe Butler won. I am definitely rooting for them and the fact they are Bulldogs makes it easier but I thought they were going to lose today. I've never heard of a team ending a game by not scoring a basket in the final 12 minutes and winning. That baffles me. Those idiots at ESPN predicted Michigan State to win. Every blessed one of them that makes this win so much more special at least to me lol.

Bama_Man
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
I still cant figure out how Butler making the Final Four or the NC game is this huge shock.
this is a GREAT team. The only team with two kids that played on the 19 and U team that won a gold medal, Hayward and Mack, a team that has won 25 straight games and was ranked in the top 10 most of the year.

They had a tough road getting there no doubt, but so did the other teams.

It may just be the name, Butler isnt Duke or North Carolina, sure, but they arent this ragtag bunch of nobodies that made a miraculous run to the final.

Hayward is a 1st round draft pick.

Cuz
04-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Ticket scalpers were very unhappy with this Final Four. My buddies sent three reps and pulled two today. They were hoping for a Kentucky appearance so they could make some money. Kentucky is money in the bank.

***this comment not sanctioned or approved by Ashley Judd***

http://tothetin.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/ashleyjudd.jpg

Wave&Dawgs
04-03-2010, 09:33 PM
Simply amazing. I can't believe Butler won. I am definitely rooting for them and the fact they are Bulldogs makes it easier but I thought they were going to lose today. I've never heard of a team ending a game by not scoring a basket in the final 12 minutes and winning. That baffles me. Those idiots at ESPN predicted Michigan State to win. Every blessed one of them that makes this win so much more special at least to me lol.

Seems like you agreed with them! :raz:

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Sheyer has mad handles.

georgiaguy31015
04-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Seems like you agreed with them! :raz:

I did because I'm impressionable lol.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Singler with the Larry Bird impression. This is my first time to watch Duke this year.

deterp
04-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Singler with the Larry Bird impression. This is my first time to watch Duke this year.

Keep your eye on Rat. He sits there with his hand over his mouth. That's not to keep Huggins from reading plays.....it's to keep the image of a 'pure' man while continually dropping f-bombs. Honest. Ask anyone but a Duquie in the ACC.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 10:17 PM
Keep your eye on Rat. He sits there with his hand over his mouth. That's not to keep Huggins from reading plays.....it's to keep the image of a 'pure' man while continually dropping f-bombs. Honest. Ask anyone but a Duquie in the ACC.

Cursing does not really bother me. Coach K is from the northeast right? Working with people from the northeast made me immune from being offended by curse words.

lol

Midwesterners and Southerners just don't cuss as much in my experience. That is changing though. Kids in the South cuss way more than they used to. I guess this is mainly influenced by Hollywood and popular music. My mom, who is in her sixties, will almost faint if she hears the F word. My grandma probably would.

georgiaguy31015
04-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Well since the Duke game is all but over. Who do yall think wins between Duke and Butler? My heart says Butler but my head says Duke's been here so many times that they know how to handle it and they will mop the floor with Butler. What say yall?

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 10:58 PM
I am going with Duke gg. They have really impressed me.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Huggins face was way too close to that guy.

georgiaguy31015
04-03-2010, 11:03 PM
I am going with Duke gg. They have really impressed me.

I may have to agree with you. As bad as I want Butler to win the title I believe Duke will.

deterp
04-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Cursing does not really bother me. Coach K is from the northeast right? Working with people from the northeast made me immune from being offended by curse words.

Rat is from Chicago, JSHD. Played HS at a Catholic school, went to West Point.

It's not what he says but the hypocracy of the man, puts himself out as "Oh, so saintly" when he's anything but. Most coaches are known to drop a word or several. They don't hide to do it. And that's the difference in how they're viewed.

Looks like the trip to Vegas will be delayed for another week for the K family. Rat has another game to play. Guess he makes the delay worth it for Mickey tho.

Like gg, my heart says Butler. A.B.D. and all. Butler has taken down many a fine team this season. If they can eliminate Izzo who is a master, there's hope for them to do it again. I'm betting the Bulter team has been sequestered until Monday. ;) Indy is just too too at the moment. :thumb:

deterp
04-03-2010, 11:18 PM
I may have to agree with you. As bad as I want Butler to win the title I believe Duke will.

"Must spread rep", gg.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Chicago might as well be a big northeastern city. Chicago has pretty curteous drivers though.

Djshockley3
04-03-2010, 11:38 PM
This final four sucks.

georgiaguy31015
04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
This final four sucks.

It was lackluster except for Butler. I was highly disappointed in WVU but I hope Butler pulls it off Monday that will definitely make it well worth it in my opinion.

Storm
04-04-2010, 12:02 AM
college should go to a NBA style playoff......you can't tell me in a 3-5 game series, teams like Kansas, UK, Syracuse, and a few others wouldn't be sitting at the top. If you can honestly sit there and tell me that with one more win, the Butler Bulldogs would be considered the best team in the nation, I would say you're a dam fool.

That being said, **** duke, GO BUTLER!

georgiaguy31015
04-04-2010, 12:08 AM
college should go to a NBA style playoff......you can't tell me in a 3-5 game series, teams like Kansas, UK, Syracuse, and a few others wouldn't be sitting at the top. If you can honestly sit there and tell me that with one more win, the Butler Bulldogs would be considered the best team in the nation, I would say you're a dam fool.

Storm, you are my boy but I disagree here. I think it's fine just the way it is.

GR8NESS
04-04-2010, 12:12 AM
F*** this final four. I have a couple of friends that are going to Butler. One of them was a Louisville fan before going there. Swore he loved UL athletics, etc. etc. All last week all I heard was what happened to the best team money could buy, etc.

I asked him what happened to his love for UL, haven't heard back since.

F***ers. I almost want Puke to win so I don't have to hear his sh*t.

WVU played as if UK was their Super Bowl. If they shoot the same percentage last week they did tonight, UK wins going away. Unreal. It's a freaking phenomena. Remember D-Wade shooting his wad against UK in 03 only to be blown out by KU? UAB vs Kansas? MSU vs UNC in 05?

Cuz
04-04-2010, 12:29 AM
The Overlords have spoken.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/260454/2/istockphoto_260454_screw.jpgTHEhttp://www.askinter.sk/img/gallery/505/Logo%20F4.jpg

jh4uk
04-04-2010, 01:04 AM
cuz if i was cool enough i would rep you. you'd the man and thanks for the ashley pics.

as for the wvu/puke game. it just goes to show that wvu beat us on our worst night. watching both games tonight leaves no dought in my mind that the cats would destroy 3 of the 4 in the final 4. and i leave duke out because i would love to see how we would played against them. but trust me, i do believe that we would win that one.

Djshockley3
04-04-2010, 01:20 AM
It really did suck that Butler from WVU tore his knee up. Hate to see it, he is a great player.

georgiaguy31015
04-04-2010, 08:12 AM
It really did suck that Butler from WVU tore his knee up. Hate to see it, he is a great player.

I never heard the final analysis on what his injury was. The last I heard Butler himself said he thought it was just a knee sprain but after that happened WVU's chances of winning the game were none. They were slim before that happened but you could just see them give up after.

OffThePorch
04-04-2010, 09:17 AM
go Butler.. beat Duke!

we should be there... we'd beat any of these teams... unless we didnt..

REBEL5 AC
04-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Go Duke. Screw Butler.

The best teams usually don't make the Super Bowl or the Final Four/National Title, considering the 1 night, 1 game scenario. NC State wasn't a better team than Houston in 1983. Same goes for Villanova and Georgetown in 1985. I'd be hard-pressed for anyone to tell me that if Kansas/Kentucky/Syracuse played 3 out of 5 with Butler that they would beat any of them, like Storm said. That being said, that's just the way it is and nothing should be changed.

AlienBeans
04-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I freakin' hate duke. I will definitely be cheering for Butler monday night.

Wave&Dawgs
04-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Go Duke. Screw Butler.

The best teams usually don't make the Super Bowl or the Final Four/National Title, considering the 1 night, 1 game scenario. NC State wasn't a better team than Houston in 1983. Same goes for Villanova and Georgetown in 1985. I'd be hard-pressed for anyone to tell me that if Kansas/Kentucky/Syracuse played 3 out of 5 with Butler that they would beat any of them, like Storm said. That being said, that's just the way it is and nothing should be changed.

How could any impartial fan possibly be rooting for Duke? This just baffles me.

You don't want Butler to win just because you don't think they're one of the 2 best teams? That's just a ridiculous line of thought to me.

Plus, they were ranked #10 in the preseason poll and have won 25 in a row so it's not like they are some fluke crappy team that got hot at the right time. They are legitimately one of the best teams in the nation and would be a deserving national champ.

RedNekTiger
04-04-2010, 03:40 PM
GO Butler!

joehogjoe
04-04-2010, 03:55 PM

that is the most horrible idea.

You ought to be ashamed of that statement.

You should die a thousand deaths, each more painful than the last.

The NCAA tourney is the greatest sports event Period.

PowerT98
04-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Two cents: To every team that was in the 64 INCLUDING TENNESSEE not named Butler or Duke........Yes the best team is being decided by a 1 game face off between teams and if you lose you go home even if you are a better team by who-the-hell-evers-definition end of story. Every single team had an equal and fair opportunity not to lose. My bracket has Butler and Duke in the finals and I'm going to enjoy the pot very very much.

IllinoisDawg63
04-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Gotta go with another BULLDOG team!! I can't f'ing stand Duke, so it wouldn't really matter who was in it. Very much though giving Butler the credit they deserve taking out K-State, Michigan St. etc! Not only that, but have a pretty local guy on the Butler team.

REBEL5 AC
04-04-2010, 04:56 PM
How could any impartial fan possibly be rooting for Duke? This just baffles me.

You don't want Butler to win just because you don't think they're one of the 2 best teams? That's just a ridiculous line of thought to me.

Plus, they were ranked #10 in the preseason poll and have won 25 in a row so it's not like they are some fluke crappy team that got hot at the right time. They are legitimately one of the best teams in the nation and would be a deserving national champ.

I hate Duke, but I'm about as fed up hearing about Butler as I was about Cornell.

I like big programs, other than Oklahoma, USC and Notre Dame (if Notre Dame is even a power anymore). I want to see the mid-major or non-SEC team get crushed by the powerhouse because of the way the media portrays them after there is a big upset. That's why I loved watching Georgia beat the living isht out of Hawaii in 2007, and when they did the same to Boise State in 2005.

Perhaps they are deserving. Maybe they are more than the usually mid-major, but I'm about sick of listening to ESPN blow them all week.

Wave&Dawgs
04-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I hate Duke, but I'm about as fed up hearing about Butler as I was about Cornell.

I like big programs, other than Oklahoma, USC and Notre Dame (if Notre Dame is even a power anymore). I want to see the mid-major or non-SEC team get crushed by the powerhouse because of the way the media portrays them after there is a big upset. That's why I loved watching Georgia beat the living isht out of Hawaii in 2007, and when they did the same to Boise State in 2005.

Perhaps they are deserving. Maybe they are more than the usually mid-major, but I'm about sick of listening to ESPN blow them all week.

So basically you hate what's great about college sports, the little guy having a chance to compete with the big guy. That's pretty twisted but whatever floats your boat.

It's kinda hypocritical too. ESPN blows Duke a million times more than they do mid-major teams yet you only hate the mid-majors for getting attention? Duke and UNC is like 90% of what ESPN talks about during college basketball season. To me, it's a breath of fresh air to hear them talking about someone like Butler.

I guess it's easy to sit upon your pedestal of being a fan of a power program but the players from smaller programs work just as hard and their fans cheer just as hard. How come they don't deserve some national success from time to time? Because ESPN makes a big deal out of it? That's just ridiculous to me.

steelyvan
04-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Duke's team this year is more enjoyable to watch vs their over-hyped lackluster teams of recent years. But I would really enjoy seeing Butler win.

Just Some Hog Dude
04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
True. Smith, Singler, and Scheyer are true ballers.

OffThePorch
04-04-2010, 10:07 PM
http://alntv.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/butler-bulldog.jpg

Storm
04-05-2010, 12:07 AM
that is the most horrible idea.

You ought to be ashamed of that statement.

You should die a thousand deaths, each more painful than the last.

The NCAA tourney is the greatest sports event Period.

over react much?

OffThePorch
04-05-2010, 04:09 PM
hey de.. i wasnt the only one to notice. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=jn-race040410

deterp
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
OTP, I subscribe to the Larry Bird school of basketball theory. If you're purple but can play, then you play.
So many people thought Floppier and Trajahn and Carlos were "black" but in reality they were all "mixed". Did it really matter? They made a great college team. Now the pros, that's something else again.
This just happens to be a year when Duque has a ton of white kids on the team. Another year there may be a ton of black kids on the team. Why let it bother anyone?
The idea that white kids can't play hoops is as ridiculous as the idea that black kids can't be a quarterback.
It's the media that keeps carping about this. I'm positive the NAACP thinks there's equal opportunity for "persons of color" in sports.

As for name-calling, Duque players have no room to complain. What their fans (and coaches, tho the coaches keep it quiet) call opposing team kids is far, far beyond what the interviewed Duquie ever heard or ever will hear in his life of basketball.