Are you KIDDING me?? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Are you KIDDING me??

Bama_Man
04-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Is anyone else watching the semi-final right now??

Michigan State is getting screwed, hard core. Butler has got the most favorable calls Ive ever seen in a NCAA tourney. Ridiculous.'

Check the footage about 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half. Green gets SMASHED under the basket going for the ball. No call, they call it out of bounds on Green. As shown plainly, the Butler defender came in, jumped into Green's arm, knocking him to the ground, a BLATANT foul directly in front of the official, who proceeds to call the play out of bounds on Green.

This is only the most egregious call to date, its been like this the entire game. MSU has 4 players with 3 fouls, 1 with 4, with 9 minutes to play, while Butler is nowhere near being in the bonus.

Please, someone else tell me I am not crazy!

GR8NESS
04-03-2010, 07:00 PM
It's been bad. But just wait until the next game. Duke will get more whistles than you can even imagine.

Speaking of the next game, WVU will shoot about 4-25 from beyond the arc tonight and lose by at least 10. Mazzulla will have about 2 points and 5 turnovers. Lock of the tournament.

Bama_Man
04-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Its been much better with less than 5 minutes to go, seems they have tried to even it out.

I know, I dread it. I only hope its as tightly called as this one, as Duke SHOULD, not will but should, be whistled for tons of fouls on zoubek or thomas.

OffThePorch
04-03-2010, 07:29 PM
WOW.. Butler to the NC game.

Bama_Man
04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
Butler wins 52-50.

I am far from a MSU fan, I was not rooting for either team, but I thought Green got fouled at teh end, but it was a very close call, I did not think it was a big no call.

MSU missed too many free throws, while Butler made them when it counted.

Cuz
04-03-2010, 07:32 PM
I can only respond by the approved script of the Kentucky Overlords which did not make it today by registered mail. Sorry. :sad2:

joehogjoe
04-03-2010, 07:37 PM
looks like I owe RB an apology

rolling baby
04-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Yes, you do. :)

I'm not crying for Michigan St., considering they fouled their way to the nc final last year.

joehogjoe
04-05-2010, 09:09 AM
This isn't quite the mid major that I was talking about, but in pure names.

afterall Butler is a 5 seed. Arizona beat Kentucky for the National title and they were a 6 seed. Tonights game may not be what the easy money says.

UK'sRash
04-05-2010, 09:25 AM
This isn't quite the mid major that I was talking about, but in pure names.

afterall Butler is a 5 seed. Arizona beat Kentucky for the National title and they were a 6 seed. Tonights game may not be what the easy money says.

This is my first memory of watching Kentucky basketball. I was almost 6 when this game happened.