Northern Iowa defeats Kansas [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Northern Iowa defeats Kansas

Wave&Dawgs
03-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Biggest shocker of the tourney IMO, even over Ohio-Georgetown. I didn't think UNI had a chance in the first round, nonetheless in this one.

Glad I was proved wrong though, I love upsets like this!

kentubbybasketball
03-20-2010, 07:04 PM
I had already started a thread about this. Could somebody merge them.

Just Some Hog Dude
03-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Big country part II did them in.

jh4uk
03-20-2010, 07:16 PM
one of the guys i'm hanging out with right now is from iowa and all of his family went to uni. to say the least he is a little amped up right now.

let's just hope that with kansas going down it doesnt' start a trend.

georgiaguy31015
03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I agree with you Wave, this is the biggest upset in the tourney in my opinion and it probably will be the biggest upset of the whole tourney when it's all said and done.

Cuz
03-20-2010, 08:20 PM
These upsets have worked to create a perfect storm of the worst bracket picks I have ever made. :banghead:

AURex
03-21-2010, 09:13 AM
UNI played fearless, and they were driven by real big "want to." On the other hand, Kansas just took for granted that they were destined for the championship and figured they'd cruise through these early rounds. If you look at the stats, Kansas shooting was crappy. They couldn't sink a shot from outside the whole game. 6 of 23. And inside was like running into a swarm of starving panthers. I was amazed how many rebounds UNI pulled down against Kansas bigs. But the real issue was, Sherron Collins had a terrible game. He shot 4 of 15 and ended with 10 points. He was a non-factor in the game.

The MW Region was supposed to be the toughest, with Georgetown, Ohio State, Michigan State, etc. But with Kansas gone. it looks kinda wide open.

georgiaguy31015
03-21-2010, 10:41 AM
UNI played fearless, and they were driven by real big "want to." On the other hand, Kansas just took for granted that they were destined for the championship and figured they'd cruise through these early rounds. If you look at the stats, Kansas shooting was crappy. They couldn't sink a shot from outside the whole game. 6 of 23. And inside was like running into a swarm of starving panthers. I was amazed how many rebounds UNI pulled down against Kansas bigs. But the real issue was, Sherron Collins had a terrible game. He shot 4 of 15 and ended with 10 points. He was a non-factor in the game.

The MW Region was supposed to be the toughest, with Georgetown, Ohio State, Michigan State, etc. But with Kansas gone. it looks kinda wide open.

You hit on a point that stunned me as I watched the game and really cost Kansas in my opinion and that was rebounding. Kansas didn't do it.

kentubbybasketball
03-21-2010, 01:22 PM
To piggyback off the point about Sherron Collins. Another senior PG had a horrible two NCAAT games this year too in Scottie Reynolds for 'Nova. As Cal has said, I'll take elite talent over loads of experience everytime.

Djshockley3
03-21-2010, 03:18 PM
Bracket over.