The strength of a symbol [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : The strength of a symbol

Dollar Theater
03-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Great article on ESPN.com that everybody should read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=4961273

Tissues required.

SkyAntoine
03-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Didn't read it.
#1 Not-UK related
#2 Saw a picture of Coach Rat Face

Dollar Theater
03-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Didn't read it.
#1 Not-UK related
#2 Saw a picture of Coach Rat Face
#3 Knew it would make me cry and I'm at work and can't show emotion because I'm the masculine face of my company.

Fixed.

SkyAntoine
03-19-2010, 09:28 AM
I scrolled down and saw the caption that someone dies of a brain tumor and Coach K is wearing a pin in memory. I'll read it only if it will lower my admiration of Coach K. Can you promise me that will happen?

Dollar Theater
03-19-2010, 09:36 AM
If I say yes, will you read it? Because if so....yes.

SkyAntoine
03-19-2010, 09:40 AM
If I say yes, will you read it? Because if so....yes.
I'll read it, but I'm sure Coach K used this as a publicity stunt. The man has no heart because he was celebrating when that guy hit that shot in that game.

deterp
03-20-2010, 06:28 AM
I'll read it, but I'm sure Coach K used this as a publicity stunt. The man has no heart because he was celebrating when that guy hit that shot in that game.

Believe it or not, once in a while the rat face comes off and people get a glimpse of a human being underneath. I've heard lots of stories from even the CH gang about Rat's charitable endeavors over the years. He does things quietly but he does things.

Doesn't change my feelings about Ratface The Coach however. Nor does it change my understanding of why Rat and Mickey are in LV so often. Watch for LVRJ "snoops" after the tourney. Heck watch for them during the tourney if Duque gets booted out.