UConn's Bubble Burst? [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : UConn's Bubble Burst?

kentubbybasketball
03-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Losing in the first round of the BE title could be the end for their NCAAT hopes.

georgiaguy31015
03-09-2010, 06:17 PM
In my opinion and from what I hear UCONN is done and will not get an invite to any post season tourney. Apparently they had a player quit on the team today or at least that's the way it appeared.

kentubbybasketball
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
A player quit? gguy, I didn't know that? Who was it?

Look at gguy reporting the college hoops news. lol

georgiaguy31015
03-09-2010, 06:24 PM
A player quit? gguy, I didn't know that? Who was it?

Look at gguy reporting the college hoops news. lol

Quit probably ain't the right word but from what I gather since I missed the game because of work the kid was benched because he apparently didn't act like he wanted to be at the game much less on the court. I can't remember his name but if you read any article it should be mentioned as it was mentioned in every segment I saw on ESPN about it but I can't think of the kid's name.

Wave&Dawgs
03-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Yep, they are done for. With them now being 7-12 in the Big East, it's pretty much impossible to make an argument for them.

Djshockley3
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM
They were done when they lost on Saturday.

kentubbybasketball
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
They were done when they lost on Saturday.

Makes you wonder if they are even worthy of the NIT. I think teams with losing conference records almost shouldn't be allowed in the NIT, unless you are in a powerful conference, which the BE will always be.

The players seemed to quit... I'm not even sure if they'd even be motivated by an NIT bid after they closed shop against St. John's.