4th #1 Seed [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : 4th #1 Seed

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2010, 04:14 PM
1. Kansas
1. Kentucky
1. Syracuse

Who is the fourth #1 seed? I'm inclined to say Purdue if they win the Big Ten.

SkyAntoine
03-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I say Duke. But, if they don't get it, then you know they'll be stuck in UK's bracket as the #2 just trying to recreate something that happened a long time ago.

Some people are saying not having Hummel is a legit reason to knock down Purdue regardless of how they finish.

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I say Duke. But, if they don't get it, then you know they'll be stuck in UK's bracket as the #2 just trying to recreate something that happened a long time ago.

Some people are saying not having Hummel is a legit reason to knock down Purdue regardless of how they finish.

Hey if they're recreating 1998, I don't think many UK fans are sad about that.

Sky, Purdue isn't gonna go down just because they lost Hummel. If they can win without Hummel, how do you make a case for anybody else? They'll go down if they lose some games. As it stands now they are Big Ten Champs... also speculation that a 7 loss Ohio State team could be a #1 seed.

Kansas State must win the Big 12 tourney IMO for them.

weegeman
03-08-2010, 04:29 PM
I think giving Ohio State a #1 seed would be ridiculous. They lost those games whether Turner was injured or not. If you don't get penalized for that then why don't we just claim a player as injured for three or four games to make sure we get the 1 seed each year. No way they deserve a 1 seed IMO. As for Purdue, they will get penalized whether they deserve it or not. Remember several years ago when Cincinnati got penalized because Kenyon Martin went down?

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
That was 2000 with Cincy and Kenyon Martin. Cincy was the best team that year for sure.

OSU's chance is a very outside chance. Only twice has a 7 loss team been a #1 seed.

Storm
03-08-2010, 04:33 PM
do you mean if Purdue wins the Big 10 tournament? Because there is a three way tie for the big ten regular season championship.......

kentubbybasketball
03-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm saying.

Djshockley3
03-08-2010, 06:57 PM
It should be Ohio St, but it will be Duke.

georgiaguy31015
03-08-2010, 07:02 PM
I think it's Duke unless they blow it in the ACC tourney then it will go to Ohio State which I don't think they deserve it.

SkyAntoine
03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey if they're recreating 1998, I don't think many UK fans are sad about that.

Sky, Purdue isn't gonna go down just because they lost Hummel. If they can win without Hummel, how do you make a case for anybody else? They'll go down if they lose some games. As it stands now they are Big Ten Champs... also speculation that a 7 loss Ohio State team could be a #1 seed.

Kansas State must win the Big 12 tourney IMO for them.
I don't think they will be held back if they win out. No argument there. You can't have a valid argument saying they haven't earned it.

But, if they lose in the Big 10 tourney, then they could fall to a #3 rather than what should be a #2 seed just because of Hummel being out. I've heard several say the committee will take that into consideration.

deterp
03-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Syracuse a #1?? It would be nice, but I don't think that's going to happen.

The way the BigEast tourney has gone so far, IMHO Kansas is probably the only "definite" at the moment. Tourneys aren't going as planned (by the "experts") this year. Duque has got to make a very strong showing at Grenesboro to be a national #1. Might happen. Might not.

georgiaguy31015
03-12-2010, 06:32 AM

The way the BigEast tourney has gone so far, IMHO Kansas is probably the only "definite" at the moment. Tourneys aren't going as planned (by the "experts") this year. Duque has got to make a very strong showing at Grenesboro to be a national #1. Might happen. Might not.

They said last night that eventhough Syracuse lost they will still be a number 1 seed. I mean who else could you give it to besides them? Also I think the tourneys are going just about like everyone thought except for the Big East. Everyone else is pretty much playing like they should.

RedNekTiger
03-12-2010, 09:21 AM
WVU might get that #1 seed if they win the next game.

Dr.SwineSmeller
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM

The way the BigEast tourney has gone so far, IMHO Kansas is probably the only "definite" at the moment.

...Kentucky is a #1 seed lock along with Kansas, no matter what the Big Blue does in the SEC tourney.

They own the high profile slot in the media with the super-freshmen. :bow:

Even with a first round SEC tournament flop, Kentucky still goes in ranked no worse than 3rd in the polls.

SS

Storm
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
my guess will be WVU if they do what RNT says, or ohio state may pull it off if they run the table and win the big 10 tourny.

kentubbybasketball
03-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah, UK is a first round lock, regardless of what Cal says. He's probably trying to motivate his troops.

UK'sRash
03-12-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't see them justifying giving it to Ohio St. They have 7 losses. Thats happened once i think.

Storm
03-12-2010, 02:01 PM
well, Michigan had osu. Up 2 with 2 seconds left and the elect NOT to guard the inbounds pass. The elect to let EVAN FREAKING TURNER THE DAMN POY, catch the pass, dribble up the court, and take basically and uncontested three to win the game.

A pathetic end to a pathetic season of Michigan bball.

georgiaguy31015
03-12-2010, 10:16 PM
WVU might get that #1 seed if they win the next game.

I think they might have to do more than beat Notre Dame.

Storm
03-13-2010, 04:01 PM
i take back osu.......needing a desperating shot to beat a sub .500 Michigan team, and now being taken to double OT by an 18-14 Illinois team.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I don't see them justifying giving it to Ohio St. They have 7 losses. Thats happened once i think.

I heard it's happened twice. In this year, I think you can justify it.

Now, I think Duke and Purdue should get first dibs if it comes down to it, but OSU has an outside, outside shot.

How does Ohio State matchup with Kansas State in your opinion bro?

UK'sRash
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I heard it's happened twice. In this year, I think you can justify it.

Now, I think Duke and Purdue should get first dibs if it comes down to it, but OSU has an outside, outside shot.

How does Ohio State matchup with Kansas State in your opinion bro?

When you say match up are you talking head to head, or for the 1 seed?

Head to head, KSU isn't' going to stop Evan Turner. He is going to get his. The key is to not let that one guy, his name kinda looks like Diablo, going from behind the arc. And Lauderdale isn't bad down low for OSU. For KSU its all about Pullen and Clemente. If both of them are creating for each other and their teammates they are deadly. But for the one seed. I still say neither. I think Duke will get it, if they lose in the ACC tourney and WVU wins the Big East give it to WVU. If both lose their tourney, give it to Duke.

kentubbybasketball
03-13-2010, 04:39 PM
I was talking more about for a 1 seed. I don't think we'll see these teams play because both will be 2 seeds, but if people start losing I guess one of these teams have a shot at a 1 see.

As for KSU's team, what takes them to the next level is when they get something inside, whether it's from Kelly or their frosh whose name has completely left me at the moment.

I think OSU is not deep enough to really make much damage. Basically playing 4-6 guys is a risk if somebody gets in foul trouble or injured.

georgiaguy31015
03-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I think it's down to WVU and Duke. If WVU beats Georgetown tonight I think it should go to them.