Mich Football is about to get hammered [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Mich Football is about to get hammered

YR_Tiger
02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
It sound like the NCAA will be bringing down the hammer on Mich. I heard one of there coaches lied to the NCAA investigators and it has to do with too many practices. So it will be hard to claim lack of knowledge....

swampmonster
02-24-2010, 01:29 PM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4938956)

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- The NCAA is accusing Michigan Wolverines of five potentially major rules violations under coach Rich Rodriguez, who admitted making "mistakes"

Yeah, this could be big.

IBCW
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4938956)

Yeah, this could be big.

SOOOOOOO GLAD Rita did not like Tuscaloosa. :)

IllinoisDawg63
02-24-2010, 01:52 PM
I'll bet Woody Hayes is grinning from the Heavens!!

Storm
02-24-2010, 02:07 PM
it won't be nearly as bad as people hope. Punishment will come in August, we'll find out more then.

If it's so bad, they would have fired Rich Rod on the spot......

UK'sRash
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
I didn't know that an entire college could become drunk. I knew that students could but the idea that an entire college can is fascinating. :raz:

WVUfaninKY3
02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Better Mich than WVU. Suddenly I'm not so pissed off at him for leaving his alma mater

Storm
02-24-2010, 02:44 PM
hopefully they just get the punishment and then move on.....in the grand scheme of things, what they are getting busted for is so stupid, compared to paying your players and things of that nature.

swampmonster
02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
hopefully they just get the punishment and then move on.....in the grand scheme of things, what they are getting busted for is so stupid, compared to paying your players and things of that nature.

Both issues are about a athletic competitive advantage.

If you get to practice more than everyone else, institution wise, your violation seems bigger, than say USC paying a single player, or even a couple of players.

Your whole team got an advantage.

I don't know if you all can simply blow this off storm, this could get ugly.

On RR I think it's more of a wait and see type endorsement from your new AD.

it won't be nearly as bad as people hope

Michigan football winning or losing, really doesn't effect us, this just happens to be the college football story today. :)

Storm
02-24-2010, 03:13 PM
at 8-16 over the last two seasons, I fail to see the advantage......LMAO

swampmonster
02-24-2010, 03:39 PM
at 8-16 over the last two seasons, I fail to see the advantage......LMAO

:lol: the NCAA wouldn't care if it was 0-24.

That's just how they are.

GatorMan32
02-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Thoose 8 wins beg to differ Storm :rotf:

Storm
02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
i'd hate to see how we would have done if we didn't take that extra stretching time during practice......

GatorMan32
02-24-2010, 05:25 PM
tsk tsk they held double secret practice and film studies sessions

georgiaguy31015
02-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Maybe I'm being niave but I don't see how Michigan can get hammered by such what I deem as minor. I'm probably wrong but I agree with Storm that if they were about to get it then Rodriguez would have been canned.

YR_Tiger
02-24-2010, 08:22 PM

I don't know about that. They (Mich Coaching staff) intentionally broke the rules to achieve an upper hand on their competition.
Money is almost never from direct employees of the school but booster that the school has no real control of.

YR_Tiger
02-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Maybe I'm being niave but I don't see how Michigan can get hammered by such what I deem as minor. I'm probably wrong but I agree with Storm that if they were about to get it then Rodriguez would have been canned.
Problem is the NCAA sees it as 5 majors.

Bubba
02-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Down down in a burning ring of fire

Storm
02-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Problem is the NCAA sees it as 5 majors.

no, the NCAA has listed it as POTENTIAL majors. What people are not understanding is that Michigan has not bee charged with anything yet. UM has 90 days to respond to these findings. Once they respond, the NCAA will look at the response and decide on what is major and what isn't, and what punishment will be dealt out. UM still has the oppurtunity for self imposed sanctions and the chance to show the NCAA what they are doing to prevent these mistakes in the future.

This is not a "here is our findings, we'll get back to you in 90 days with your punishment" type deal. The ball is in UM's court now to do what they can to ease the blow.

YR_Tiger
02-24-2010, 09:46 PM
OK I stand corrected potential majors....sorry Storm but I think UM is going to get hammer pretty good. We got our issues down at LSU too...

Storm
02-24-2010, 10:09 PM
i feel ya, it's dark days right now, that's for sure.

what pisses me off the most is that this is pasted all over ESPN right now, "we talkin bout practice," yet the paper trail that has been uncovered in the Reggie Bush case isn't getting a sniff on ESPN. They love their Trojans so much, it's as if they are just ignoring the fact they are going to get a beat down as well.

ugabrad
02-24-2010, 11:47 PM
I will agree with you there, Storm, but we've all known that about ESPN for ages. How many similar comments have been made on these forums over the years?

"at 8-16 over the last two seasons, I fail to see the advantage....."

But no losses to 1-AA teams during that time...

Storm
02-25-2010, 06:38 AM
yeah, I guess this is the first time I've had to deal with it........LOL.

the loss to Toledo still stings

IllinoisDawg63
02-25-2010, 10:23 AM
If I recall, last July(or whenever)these allegations of lengthy practices, it did appear that Michigan was doing its own detective work. I remember them talking to RichRod and he was pretty pissed that players went to the media. I assume these players are dropped from the roster. I don't see
things being serious to warrant NCAA "hammering" them-as long as Michigan does its own thorough investigation and doesn't shove any of it
under a rug-doing that and the NCAA finds out they have hidden some things and they will see serious probation.

Storm
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
i don't think any of the players were ever named except for one that had transferred........whoever it was that allegedly talked to the FreePress did it anonymously......