Cards finally got er done.. [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Cards finally got er done..

XPS
02-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Beating the Cuse....

georgiaguy31015
02-14-2010, 06:58 PM
I was shocked byt his absolutely shocked. Now I'm beginning to question how good is Syracuse lol.

kentubbybasketball
02-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Definitely a bad loss for 'Cuse in terms of winning the Big East, but it's only their second loss on the season and it's still their best start in school history. If you're down on this Syracuse team, you should be down on any Syracuse teams that's ever been assembled. They'll be okay. People honestly forget how good Louisville really is. They played UK tough, regardless of what St. John's had done to them on Thursday.

I'm very impressed with Syracuse's length, and I think Wesley Johnson has come down a little from his earlier form. Seems like that fall a few games ago has really gotten to him mentally.

As for Louisville, I think this might put them on the good side of the bubble for the time being. But, it's only one great win for them among a resume full of bad losses.

SkyAntoine
02-15-2010, 10:29 AM
I realize that this was "good" for UK. It helps our RPI, makes us the undisputed #2 team in the nation, helps the Commonwealth, etc., etc.

But, I was pulling for 'Cuse like it was WKU playing Lousy yesterday. I would rather everyone laugh silly over our victory over UL than for them to make the NCAAT. I want Rick to wake up every morning realizing that going to UL was the worst decision he ever made in his life.

weegeman
02-15-2010, 10:40 AM
I agree. I was pulling for the Cuse. But we are undisputed 2 now, so I guess they're good for something.

kentubbybasketball
02-15-2010, 10:42 AM
I realize that this was "good" for UK. It helps our RPI, makes us the undisputed #2 team in the nation, helps the Commonwealth, etc., etc.

But, I was pulling for 'Cuse like it was WKU playing Lousy yesterday. I would rather everyone laugh silly over our victory over UL than for them to make the NCAAT. I want Rick to wake up every morning realizing that going to UL was the worst decision he ever made in his life.

Going to Boston may have been the bigger mistake... actually it probably was.

SkyAntoine
02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Going to Boston may have been the bigger mistake... actually it probably was.
But, I can understand leaving for his home turf and mega bucks.

With Lousy, Pitino thought the former UK fans would flock to him because he was coming back to the Commonwealth. He thought they were Pitino fans and underestimated the disdain for UL. Big mistake. He made his bed and now he's laying in it.

GR8NESS
02-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I wasn't pulling for UofSmell, I wasn't pulling against them either. They're irrelevant to me now.

SkyAntoine
02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I wasn't pulling for UofSmell, I wasn't pulling against them either. They're irrelevant to me now.
My kids got mad at my wife twice on Sunday:
1. For coming out of the "Louisville Door" at Wal-Mart. (One entry to our Wal-Mart has a UK painting and the other is Louisville. A Sky family rule is no one walks under the dirty bird.)
2. Cheering for Louisville because she felt sorry for Pitino and said he looked terrible.

My kids rock!:clap:

kentubbybasketball
02-15-2010, 12:57 PM
But, I can understand leaving for his home turf and mega bucks.

With Lousy, Pitino thought the former UK fans would flock to him because he was coming back to the Commonwealth. He thought they were Pitino fans and underestimated the disdain for UL. Big mistake. He made his bed and now he's laying in it.

Okay??????????? And, UK fans have spoken. They still root for UK. I'm not sure what the big deal is though. Like Brummett said, UofL is kinda irrelevant to me. It's fans like you that make UofL a bigger deal than what they really are IMO.

OffThePorch
02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
Beating the Cuse....

Petino is awesome..

SkyAntoine
02-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Okay??????????? And, UK fans have spoken. They still root for UK. I'm not sure what the big deal is though. Like Brummett said, UofL is kinda irrelevant to me. It's fans like you that make UofL a bigger deal than what they really are IMO.
Half the fun of being a sports fan is having teams to pull for and teams to hate. UL's misery gives me a lot of joy.

Given the choice between watching Kentucky win against a no name non-conference team by 20 or seeing Lousy get beat by 20...I'd probably watch the UL game.

kentubbybasketball
02-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Fair enough.

weegeman
02-15-2010, 01:29 PM
I'm with you Sky. There's something about The Ville plus Pitino that equals Weege cannot pull for them. If they had any other coach in the country I would have wanted them to beat the Cuse.

UK'sRash
02-15-2010, 03:46 PM
1. For coming out of the "Louisville Door" at Wal-Mart. (One entry to our Wal-Mart has a UK painting and the other is Louisville. A Sky family rule is no one walks under the dirty bird.)
2. Cheering for Louisville because she felt sorry for Pitino and said he looked terrible.

My kids rock!:clap:

Your kids do rock. I wish i was that cool as a child.

GR8NESS
02-15-2010, 04:49 PM

I've seen that before. What's up with that? :shake:

SkyAntoine
02-15-2010, 04:51 PM
I've seen that before. What's up with that? :shake:
I don't know because it forces me to never see my aunt that works as a door greeter at Wal-Mart. She always works that door and I refuse to go in that way. I love her, but I hate walking under that bird. It's sad.

weegeman
02-15-2010, 04:54 PM
I once entered that side of the store because a tornado was coming. When I realized what I had done I grabbed a garbage can and got completely inside of it and rolled myself back out the door into the storm. It took me 18 minutes to roll all the way to the other entrance. When I stood up and removed the trash can the storm was gone. I feel kind of dumb for continuing to roll once it had passed, but I had no idea. I wasn't paying attention because I was trying to focus on my rolling. Instead of rolling straight I kept rolling in swirvy angles.

SkyAntoine
02-15-2010, 05:16 PM
I once entered that side of the store because a tornado was coming. When I realized what I had done I grabbed a garbage can and got completely inside of it and rolled myself back out the door into the storm. It took me 18 minutes to roll all the way to the other entrance. When I stood up and removed the trash can the storm was gone. I feel kind of dumb for continuing to roll once it had passed, but I had no idea. I wasn't paying attention because I was trying to focus on my rolling. Instead of rolling straight I kept rolling in swirvy angles.
If you would have mentioned anything about a pigeon, then that would have been the worst post ever.:pirate: