nova vs. g-town [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : nova vs. g-town

jh4uk
02-06-2010, 11:45 AM
is anyone else watching this game? g-town is serving a beat down of the #2 team in the country. i know it's still in the first half and they are up by 18 but the hoyas look real good right now. nova was down a bunch to loserville and came back and won earlier this season. here's hoping g-town can keep it up. :cheers:

georgiaguy31015
02-06-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm watching it and while Nova isn't letting it get out of hand they aren't really making a comeback too. I really thought that Nova was one of the best teams in the country and was a team that I seriously considered picking to win the title in one of my brackets but now I'm not so sure.

UK'sRash
02-06-2010, 12:37 PM
This is a rough game. Just very physical.

weegeman
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
absolute beatdown.

jh4uk
02-06-2010, 01:23 PM
looks like g-town is going to pull this one out. so if all goes to plan today, when the polls come out monday we will be #2 in the country. GO CATS!!!

georgiaguy31015
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
looks like g-town is going to pull this one out. so if all goes to plan today, when the polls come out monday we will be #2 in the country. GO CATS!!!

How do you figure to get past Syracuse or is there something I don't know?

jh4uk
02-06-2010, 01:29 PM
How do you figure to get past Syracuse or is there something I don't know?

i guess it depends on which poll you look at. i'm going by the one that has us at #3 right now.

georgiaguy31015
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM
i guess it depends on which poll you look at. i'm going by the one that has us at #3 right now.

That's cool. I didn't realize that. Thanks.

kentubbybasketball
02-06-2010, 05:23 PM
I went grocery shopping but got to see the end. Glad to know that UK will be back at #2... thanks Georgetown. I simply think that 'Nova won't get back to the Final Four this year, because I think their lack of inside muscle will cost them at some point, regardless of how sturdy their guards are. Today Julian Vaughn looked like an All-Big East player inside for G'Town. And, Greg Monroe did his thing. If Nova runs into a team with a dominant post player that has guards that are competent enough to get him the ball, Nova could be in trouble.

AURex
02-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I haven't watched Nova much this year, but based on what I'm seeing today against Georgetown, this doesn't look like a top 10 team to me. Regardless of their record, they just could not shoot the ball. They depended on offensive rebounding. And they also looked pretty porous on defense. They'd have a really hard time against a team with top tier athletes.

Of course, this was a loss, not win. But I just did not see a team with superior athletes having an off game. They just didn't look like a dominant team to me in any regard.

More and more, it looks to me like UK and KU as the two most talented teams this year. At this point in the season, I'd say that a UK-KU championship game would be a winner.

kentubbybasketball
02-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Villanova certainly isn't on the same plane as Kansas when it comes to talent. Only three teams have NBA players right now (KU, Texas, and UK), and every national champ has had at least three.

We'll know more about Nova after Monday with their @ West Virginia game.