Uconn [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Uconn

msudawg4life
01-30-2010, 07:26 PM
If they are still ranked with a 13-8 record I will never take rankings seriously again...this is just stupid.

georgiaguy31015
01-30-2010, 09:12 PM
No way they will be ranked but I'm always wrong lol. I'm surprised at how bad they are doing this year and I know that Calhoun's health has hurt them but still.

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2010, 11:01 AM
As we all know these rankings are all about where you were last week and how the people below you do. Some pollsters/voters only knock you down a few spots if you lose, so UConn could still be ranked, but it's kinda sad that you're like 18 in the country, but tied for 11th in your own conference, explain that one to me.

They just lost to Marquette, and Marquette was just embarrassed by DePaul a few weeks back.

UConn's game at Louisville on Monday will be the most interesting Big Monday game yet. To top it off Jay Bilas, Bill Raftery, and Sean McDonough will have the call... that is the best three person announcing team in sports.

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2010, 11:02 AM
gguy, since they've been without Calhoun, they've beaten the toughest team they've face: Texas. Explain that one to me. This is a confusing team.

georgiaguy31015
01-31-2010, 02:19 PM
gguy, since they've been without Calhoun, they've beaten the toughest team they've face: Texas. Explain that one to me. This is a confusing team.

You are right and I can't explain it. I don't think anyone can. They look good one game and the next game they tank. It's strange.

scgamecock312
01-31-2010, 02:21 PM
They also look at what is written across the chest of the jersey.

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2010, 02:24 PM
gguy, I think if they can make the NCAAT, they'll be a team that could get into that second weekend. They have the talent for sure.

georgiaguy31015
01-31-2010, 02:33 PM
gguy, I think if they can make the NCAAT, they'll be a team that could get into that second weekend. They have the talent for sure.

I would agree with that. I'm not saying they are terrible. I'm just saying they aren't as good as what people thought and what me as a fan is use to seeing from UCONN.

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Well, don't be shocked. All people want to talk about is UConn's 2 national titles and 3 final fours, but go back and look over their history even with Calhoun, every 4 or 5 years, they tend to miss the NCAAT. This is nothing out of the ordinary.