Duke [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Duke

Urb Gruber
01-30-2010, 02:18 PM
After what I saw today, I don't think Duke has a very good chance at winning the tourney. They can't play defense at all and I just don't see them winning.

georgiaguy31015
01-30-2010, 02:19 PM
They aren't very good. They are big probably the biggest team Coach K has ever had at Duke but they don't have a whole lot of atheletic ability which hurts them in my opinion.

steelyvan
01-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Duke on the road is very different than what they enjoy at home.

kentubbybasketball
01-30-2010, 06:09 PM
gguy, they may be big in sheer numbers, but their post players aren't good. Lance Thomas, Brian Zoubek, or either Plumlee brother really don't intimidate the kinds of teams that Duke will have to face to win the tourney.

TO me, Duke isn't that deep. Their best players (Smith, Scheyer, and Singler) are overworked. They play too much, and I think they'll be dead tired by the end of the season. I think they'll be a Sweet 16 type team, which will be a step forward for Duke after these last couple of seasons honestly.

georgiaguy31015
01-30-2010, 08:14 PM
gguy, they may be big in sheer numbers, but their post players aren't good. Lance Thomas, Brian Zoubek, or either Plumlee brother really don't intimidate the kinds of teams that Duke will have to face to win the tourney.

TO me, Duke isn't that deep. Their best players (Smith, Scheyer, and Singler) are overworked. They play too much, and I think they'll be dead tired by the end of the season. I think they'll be a Sweet 16 type team, which will be a step forward for Duke after these last couple of seasons honestly.

I agree with you about their post players not being very good.