Louisville: NIT Bound [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Louisville: NIT Bound

kentubbybasketball
01-30-2010, 11:08 AM
They are 13-7; best win may be over Providence. Got game @ West Virginia today, and WVU is already up 11-0. I love it! But, my question is could Rick Pitino have his second NIT in about 5 years at Louisville?

BTW, why hasn't Rick Pitino had similar success at Louisville that he had at Kentucky? What's been the issue?

GR8NESS
01-30-2010, 11:58 AM
BTW, why hasn't Rick Pitino had similar success at Louisville that he had at Kentucky? What's been the issue?

He's been at Louisville, not Kentucky. That's been the issue. :)

XPS
01-30-2010, 02:11 PM
UofL can't get over the hump...

georgiaguy31015
01-30-2010, 02:21 PM
You almost jinxed it KT lol.

kentubbybasketball
01-30-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I know. It felt good to see them lose even in a tight game that shouldn't have been. Louisville shouldn't have been in the game to begin with, let alone be up 12.

UofL better figure this thing out. They gets UConn on Monday and UConn is smarting after their loss to Marquette today.

kentubbybasketball
01-30-2010, 06:01 PM
It's kinda hard to believe that after Monday night, either UConn or Louisville will have 9 losses on February 1.

steelyvan
01-31-2010, 12:09 AM
further proof how soft UK's schedule has been this year.

XPS
01-31-2010, 03:09 AM
further proof how soft UK's schedule has been this year.

I would bet money UofL would beat Vandy. They played UK tougher then Vandy did and beat Cinn and WKU something Vandy couldn't do. UofL isn't getting blow out, they had Vill, Pitt, WV and Seton Hall beat. Very unlucky lately...

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2010, 09:44 AM
You play who is in front of you. At the end of the day, we're not responsible for having the best schedule in the nation. We're responsible for beating whomever is in front of us.

steelyvan
01-31-2010, 09:51 AM
i would bet money Vandy would beat USC....oh wait, they did.

so what you are saying, kt, is that you agree with me?

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2010, 09:56 AM
I think our schedule was tough. I don't care what a team has done, they always play up for Kentucky. We're gonna get people's best shot. Us playing USC isn't the same as you guys playing USC, so I really don't even understand that comparison. I'm sure we also would have beaten Illinois FWIW.

UK has a young team, and as Cal said he was forced into some gains that we had already agreed to. Plus, he has a young team. I look forward to games with Syracuse, Texas, Louisville, UNC, and Indiana next year.

XPS
01-31-2010, 11:55 AM
I think our schedule was tough. I don't care what a team has done, they always play up for Kentucky. We're gonna get people's best shot. Us playing USC isn't the same as you guys playing USC, so I really don't even understand that comparison. I'm sure we also would have beaten Illinois FWIW.

UK has a young team, and as Cal said he was forced into some gains that we had already agreed to. Plus, he has a young team. I look forward to games with Syracuse, Texas, Louisville, UNC, and Indiana next year.

steel= sore loser ....

UK'sRash
01-31-2010, 12:23 PM
You can't spell Pitino with out NIT

kentubbybasketball
01-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Rash, do you think that's where they're headed this season, or do you think they turn it around? I can't remember a team with a senior backcourt being this putrid honestly, but they do have some talent. Knowles is a good defender and makes good things happen, Samuels can be a load inside, Siva has really looked better of late. They can turn this thing around.

UK'sRash
01-31-2010, 03:06 PM
They will make the NIT. They have some good, "Moral Victories." Plus they will not be as good as the rest of the Big East. They are a mediocre Big East time. The top half of the conference is just that much better.

steelyvan
01-31-2010, 04:23 PM
XPS, you have become a piece of work....lol.

XPS
01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
XPS, you have become a piece of work....lol.

No call for your weak schedule comment. This thread is about UofL and the NIT. steel i wouldn't have figured you as a baiter and how convenient following the loss to UK...

steelyvan
01-31-2010, 04:42 PM
XPS, you know better. Are you telling me you are too thin-skinned to take a little gentle ribbing about UK's schedule? kt seems unoffended. He threw out an obvious softball and I responded. And my response could have provided someone with an easy, clever retort. Missed your chance.

XPS
01-31-2010, 04:47 PM
XPS, you know better. Are you telling me you are too thin-skinned to take a little gentle ribbing about UK's schedule? kt seems unoffended. He threw out an obvious softball and I responded. And my response could have provided someone with an easy, clever retort. Missed your chance.

Not to thinned at all. Trying to figure out why you brought UK up in a UofL thread?

steelyvan
01-31-2010, 05:02 PM
"It's kinda hard to believe that after Monday night, either UConn or Louisville will have 9 losses on February 1."

Easy to re-introduce a running theme regarding the top-ranked Cats.
2 of UK's "signature" wins are not having great seasons. And neither are UNC and IU for that matter.
I never post with malice and I congratulated the Cats yesterday right after the game.

XPS
01-31-2010, 05:48 PM
"It's kinda hard to believe that after Monday night, either UConn or Louisville will have 9 losses on February 1."

Easy to re-introduce a running theme regarding the top-ranked Cats.
2 of UK's "signature" wins are not having great seasons. And neither are UNC and IU for that matter.
I never post with malice and I congratulated the Cats yesterday right after the game.

Ill play.

UK is 20-1 and your basically saying UK's great record is due to cupcakes? The teams you brought up UK beat them. Now lets look at Vandy..

WKU 12-10 beat Vandy by 7, terrible loss..
Ill 14-8 beat Vandy by 11
Cinn 14-7 beat Vandy by 9

Vandy lost to these teams as where UK beat those teams you mentioned. Uconn, UofL and UNC are just as good as those three teams Vandy lost to.

Also UNC has two really good wins agaisnt Ohio St and Mich St. Also those three teams even those struggling have really good talent. I thought Vandy's schedule hurt them agaisnt UK, not facing a talented team like UK all year.

BluegrassBelle
02-01-2010, 12:22 AM
Ill play.

UK is 20-1 and your basically saying UK's great record is due to cupcakes? The teams you brought up UK beat them. Now lets look at Vandy..

WKU 12-10 beat Vandy by 7, terrible loss..
Ill 14-8 beat Vandy by 11
Cinn 14-7 beat Vandy by 9

Vandy lost to these teams as where UK beat those teams you mentioned. Uconn, UofL and UNC are just as good as those three teams Vandy lost to.

Also UNC has two really good wins agaisnt Ohio St and Mich St. Also those three teams even those struggling have really good talent. I thought Vandy's schedule hurt them agaisnt UK, not facing a talented team like UK all year.

Why are you even arguing with someone who's team hasn't cracked the elite eight since 1965?

BluegrassBelle
02-01-2010, 12:22 AM
I am disappointed. I was hoping UL was headed to the invitational tournament.

XPS
02-01-2010, 12:30 AM
I am disappointed. I was hoping UL was headed to the invitational tournament.

Not out of the question yet...