Southern Cal expected to go on 3 year PROBATION!!! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Southern Cal expected to go on 3 year PROBATION!!!

Optik
01-15-2010, 06:04 PM
I lol'ed so hard. :rotf::rotf:

From the New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/1982/03/21/sports/usc-faces-probation-in-football-report-says.html?&pagewanted=print) (pretty credible, IMO):
U.S.C. Faces Probation In Football, Report Says
AP

The National Collegiate Athletic Association is expected to impose a three-year football probation on the University of Southern California that would include a two-year ban on bowl and television appearances, The Los Angeles Times reported in its Sunday issue.

The university's president, James Zumberge, has received a report from the N.C.A.A. Infractions Committee detailing what sanctions will be imposed as a result of its investigation of the Trojans' football program, the newspaper reported. It attributed the information to a ''reliable source.''

Athletic Director Dick Perry of U.S.C., confirmed that the N.C.A.A.'s letter had been received but said that university officials had not had time to thoroughly review the contents.

Good move Lane. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

georgiaguy31015
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Damn that's hardcore and that's exactly what I wanted.

Bamadan
01-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Uh, look at the date on the report? :doh:

Optik
01-15-2010, 06:23 PM

LOL, D**n you. :rotf:

Just Some Hog Dude
01-15-2010, 06:27 PM
The NY Times does college football surprising well. They were dead on in their predictions for our season. It was like an oracle.

Cuz
01-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Optik, you messin wit us or someone messin wit you. Me and my boys, athletes formerly committed to UT, will take care of dis problem for you. I may need a favor later. :dind:
(Tony Soprano voice not recommended for amateurs)

bleedorange1983
01-15-2010, 06:28 PM

This was posted on Volnation at least 3 separate times today, I fell for it.

Cuz
01-15-2010, 06:30 PM
The NY Times does college football surprising well. They were dead on in their predictions for our season. It was like an oracle.

JSHD, Bamadan has done due dilligence. In the words of Emily Latella, "Nevermind". :rotf:

Optik
01-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Optik, you messin wit us or someone messin wit you. Me and my boys, athletes formerly committed to UT, will take care of dis problem for you. I may need a favor later. :dind:
(Tony Soprano voice not recommended for amateurs)

Both, :raz:.

I got burned pretty good earlier, thought I would pass along the favor, and hoping that if enough of us just BELIEVE, it will come true again. :cheers:

Bubba
01-15-2010, 07:05 PM
:rotf: opt

I've done it too. PUI.

Pass that bro

Bamadan
01-15-2010, 07:16 PM
JSHD, Bamadan has done due dilligence. In the words of Emily Latella, "Nevermind". :rotf:

I was tipped off where it quoted the AD as not being Mike Garrett. Then, I saw the date on the article. :think: :parrot: However, it would be epic if this was true now as it was then.

bleedorange1983
01-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Hopefully the LA times can run this article in the near future and just replace the date.

socalwildcat
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
"Athletic Director Dick Perry of U.S.C."

This should have been the tip off. Mike Garrett is the current and long-time AD.

DBS
01-15-2010, 08:35 PM
LMFAO at the date.

niiiiiiice find by someone

Cuz
01-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Optik has my respect and admiration for this thread. I am not worthy, I am not worthy.:bow:

Bubba
01-15-2010, 09:09 PM
I love optik. :cheers: rep when I can.