Tark Attack! [Archive] - SEC Sports Forum | SEC Basketball | SEC Football

PDA

View Full Version : Tark Attack!

AURex
01-12-2010, 02:06 AM
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Jerry Tarkanian, perhaps the cheatingest coach ever to chew a towel, has dubbed the NCAA “the crookedest organization in our society.”

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Tarkanian blasts NCAA as ‘crookedest’ organization (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ap-tarkanian-ncaa&prov=ap&type=lgns)

NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP)—Jerry Tarkanian still pulls no punches when talking about the NCAA.

The former UNLV coach said Monday he thinks the college sports governing body is “the crookedest organization in our society,” drawing several laughs during a luncheon at the Downtown Tip-Off Club in North Little Rock, Ark.

NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson said in an e-mail that Tarkanian’s comments were “off-base and ridiculous.”

Tarkanian was dogged by NCAA investigations through his career and he sued the organization in 1992. The two settled for $2.5 million in 1998.

The former coach also shared more-pleasant memories, including his UNLV team’s 1991 visit to Arkansas. Unbeaten UNLV was ranked No. 1 at the time, and the Razorbacks were No. 2. In front of a raucous crowd at Barnhill Arena, UNLV won 112-105.

MKAU
01-12-2010, 02:25 AM
I must have missed the joke. What did he say that wasn't true?

steelyvan
01-12-2010, 08:40 AM
the joke was that the NCAA is really the 2nd most not the first. The MOST crookedest organization would be, of course.......the U.S. Congress. Budda-bing.

AURex
01-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I don't consider the NCAA crooks. They are often incompetent, sometimes biased, usually misguided, but I don't think they are crooks.

However, even if the NCAA is crooked, the humor is where the allegation comes from. It's kinda like Jerry Falwell calling the Southern Baptist Convention charlatans.

kentubbybasketball
01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
We all likes NCAA football or basketball, so while we can throw whatever names we want in the direction of the NCAA, we're only playing into its popularity.

georgiaguy31015
01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Ahhh the irony of Tark calling somene crooked lol.

BluegrassBelle
01-12-2010, 07:38 PM
I love Tark and I agree with him. :) I dont think he is anymore crooked than any other coach in the system. As long as people say Wooden didn't cheat I'm going to say that Tark didn't cheat either because the system in place doesnt work so why ******** ourselves that a coach is clean or dirty? They are all dirty, it's no longer an amateur game the NCAA hasn't caught up to that yet.

georgiaguy31015
01-12-2010, 08:05 PM
I love Tark and I agree with him. :) I dont think he is anymore crooked than any other coach in the system. As long as people say Wooden didn't cheat I'm going to say that Tark didn't cheat either because the system in place doesnt work so why ******** ourselves that a coach is clean or dirty? They are all dirty, it's no longer an amateur game the NCAA hasn't caught up to that yet.

All of that may be true but the fact remains Tark got caught Wooden and a lot of other guys didn't if they cheated and I can't say they did or didn't because I don't know. So while you can say that Wooden did cheat you can't prove it. Everyone can prove it with Tark.

kentubbybasketball
01-12-2010, 08:26 PM
One thing Tark said that really makes me laugh is the point that "every coach cheats except the one that's last in division." Heck, the last placed coach might be cheating these days.

kentubbybasketball
01-12-2010, 08:27 PM
I will say I don't think Tubby Smith has ever been associated with any kind of scandal... major or minor. Knock on wood.